Why become a member? ×

Low morale?

Kiwi

Thanks everyone, keep it coming.

I wondered whether people were simply fed up with how the recession has carried on and on and on. Just when things take a turn for the better, something happens in Europe.

OT does have a request in it about politics etc. we've tended to let those threads run unless insults get exchanged. This was basically in the interests of letting other kinds of discussions happen so people can get to know each other a bit better.

I can only speak for myself, but morale is definitely low.
[list=1]
[*]Job/career under serious threat;
[*]Recession now the worst for over a century, with no signs of improvement on the horizon;
[*]Entire European economic system teetering on the brink of meltdown;
[*]Appalling weather;
[*]Music pubs axing music, or themselves being axed.
[/list]

Reasons to be cheerful.
[list=1]
[*]Erm ....
[/list]

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1340607890' post='1706766']
Reasons to be cheerful.[list=1]
[*]Basses
[*]Amps
[*]Low Noises
[*]Basschat
[*]Fumps Madness
[*]Discreet Madness
[*]Check out this video for an instant smile [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m-GdmYc7RA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m-GdmYc7RA[/url]
[/list]
[/quote]

Much better :)

OK, trying to look to the bright side here. Look at my case.
In theory, I could solve my problem with the British weather (and possibly that with loneliness) by moving back to Italy, since I'm self-employed and could keep working with my UK clients with only a minor reduction in work made available to me. Yet, at the moment, as in the past, and in the foreseeable future, I willingly choose to put up with maximum June temperatures of 18 degrees with added wind and rain, and a 2000 mile distance from my tiny family, because I genuinely believe that this is a better country to live in than anywhere else in Europe. Better prospects of economic recovery, a government which may be a disaster in our eyes but is miles ahead when compared to most of its counterparts in Europe, fellow citizens who by and large are hard-working and law-abiding, a tolerant society... I could go on. So let's not despair too badly - we need to be strong and hang in there.

Edited by bluejay

[quote name='Kiwi' timestamp='1340592692' post='1706723']
OT does have a request in it about politics etc. we've tended to let those threads run unless insults get exchanged. This was basically in the interests of letting other kinds of discussions happen so people can get to know each other a bit better.
[/quote]

Fairy nuff :)

As it's not bass-related, Off Topic is what it is - which is a reflection of wider society. It's not a [i]necessary [/i]forum for the continuation of the good things that BC does for sure, but if it were to go then BC would be a far less interesting place, IMHO.

I think Bilbo does a great job, for what it's worth - OT shouldn't be rigorously policed. It's there for 'talking crap, really...' and God knows I'm sure most would agree that I talk enough crap in it! :D

I've said this many times before, and I'll say it again:

[b]If you don't like Off Topic and it upsets or irritates you for any reason, DON'T GO IN THERE![/b]

It's very simple isn't it, surely? :D

I suppose I would agree that OT has become a bit more argumental over the last few weeks . TBH there have been many times I thought of posting but then really couldnt be bothered in case it got into one of those pointless arguments BUT I'v eseen this all before and it does go in cycles so in a few months I'm sure it will all be a massive love in again :)

It could be worse, there are other forums on the net that are either dying a death (a local NI forum springs to mind) or just a hotbed of trolls (see the usual suspects mentioned somewhere above this post).

So chin up lads, you do a great job and some of the punters are just going through a rough spot.

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1340632361' post='1707301']
I'd call it 'lack of moral fibre'...[/quote][quote name='BottomE' timestamp='1340634149' post='1707336']
People need to be more self defecating[/quote]

All-Bran. And leafy green vegetables.

It may actually be because a lot of what is happening to folk all over the UK is making people angry and they a letting of steam on here. Just today I read about vulnerable people put at risk by a failing care system, housing benefit being withdrawn for under 25s, regionally set benefits (does anyone thing this will result in claimants in metropolitan areas getting more?), .

That's all on just ONE DAY!!

If morale is low, then we may have to look outside Basschat! :lol: