Why become a member? ×

NFD - New 'F'one Day

KiOgon

My eldest lad has had one for a while & reckons it's the best going, so as my old contract was just about finished I looked around a bit. Best deal I found with a [b][u][i] FREE [/i][/u][/b]fone is on O2 100 mins, unlimited txts, 100MB Data, £16 a month on 2 year contract. it'll probably take me 2 years to learn how to use 1/2 of it :rolleyes: but it's bloody marvellous :lol:

So what's the best apps for me to get? Bass related of course B)

Cheerz, John

Congrats! I'd say your first app would probably be one to keep an eye on your data useage. It's really easy to eat that up if you are surfing/downloading on 3G. It gets expensive when you have to pay per Mb after the 100Mb has gone. 02 have their own app that will tell you how much you have used as well as info about your tariff, so start with that one. :)

My Android doesn't work, so I can't check right now, but if Google Play has one of the following, I think you're in for a lot of fun. Sorry if they're not available there. I thought it better to tell anyway.

- PocketGK, a Gallien-Krueger bass amp
- GarageBand. Of all the stuff in this large app, to date I use the simulations of different amps and effects.

Yes it fits any of my pockets, not as big as you think! Thinner than a broke bloke's 1/2 fold wallet & not so wide, maybe 30mm longer. 5.3" screen is like having 3 of my old Nokia X6 side by side B)

Edited by KiOgon

I suppose with something like that you have to live with it to work out whether you can live with it. :) I've got a Galaxy S2 at the moment and while it doesn't feel too big it's a stretch to reach the whole screen with my thumb when using it with one hand. I can imagine it's impossible to do that with the Note. I suppose it depends how you use it though. All that said, the massive screen would be nice to have.

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1340184198' post='1700432']
My Android doesn't work, so I can't check right now, but if Google Play has one of the following, I think you're in for a lot of fun. Sorry if they're not available there. I thought it better to tell anyway.

- PocketGK, a Gallien-Krueger bass amp
- GarageBand. Of all the stuff in this large app, to date I use the simulations of different amps and effects.
[/quote]

Think these are iphone/ipad only.

There's at least one Android app thread in Off Topic. I downloaded the gstrings tuner, but have never used it. There's various apps for tab, including one for Guitar Pro, which might be useful I suppose. Other than that and obvious things like Youtube, ebay, music and video players, I haven't found anything remotely bass related and useful.

I downloaded G String tuner & DaTuner Lite to try both. DaTuner wins.

TuneIn Radio is a great music app for listening to web radio (I never thought I'd listen to the radio so much!).

Virtual Recorder for recording things on the fly (like a bassline when you can't plug in to anything & you want to record it so you don't forget it).

[quote name='spinynorman' timestamp='1340620332' post='1706979']
I was sure there'd be apps using the camera to check string height, neck relief, etc, but haven't found one so far.
[/quote]
Now that would be some tool! :happy:

I have the Note and when it first arrived I was gonna return it- MASSIVE! But I love it now, so much better to have the screen size and you get used to the size. The convenience of having the large screen far outweighs any apparent inconvenience

I also use G Strings and DaTuner Lite , also you can get drum machines, I have G-Stomper which you program, but I want one that's just loops as well, there are loads. There are fretboard apps and tabs apps (those are usually just wrappers for people's websites).

I love my note. I don't actually see it as that big a phone as most other people do. As soon as they see how you can make use of the bigger screen (surfing the net for example - I use the Daily Mail webpage as an example - it all fits on the screen and you can still read it all), they get it.

Fits in my jeans pocket fine and does everything I want it to do... and so much more!

PS - I use 3g watchdog for my data watching app although ICS (you may have to upgrade as I don't believe the Note ships with the latest OS) for the Note now comes with an app to do this built in.