Why become a member? ×

South West meeting Sun nov 18th 12-4. Venue now also confirmed see #135

0175westwood29

[quote name='D.I. Joe' timestamp='1351111931' post='1847602']
Great! Rexington has expressed an interest too, if there is room for her?
[/quote]

welcome to but it wnt be the most comfortable 2hrs as ive got a berlingo van and the third seat in the front is a bit small unless the two of you are kinda small?

Andy

[quote name='Captain Rumble' timestamp='1351110768' post='1847581']
[b]Any news on a location yet ?[/b]
[/quote]

Location is really dependant on numbers, I don't want to hire a huge room ( that will have to be paid for) then find loads drop out! That is why I'm asking people to try and confirm if they are coming on the oft repeated list of names that follows this message. However the venue will be somewhere between Sherborne, Milborne Port and Shaftsbury, all along the A30 and not a million miles from each other......!

Edited by yorks5stringer

Here's a list of names culled from this thread. It would be useful to say if you are still interested and add your name if its not on the list please? CraigplaysBass Evilundead Dominsomerset jimrs2k Tommyk Rasta 0175Westwood29 BottomE Thor Deaver Capt Rumble Mornats Pinballer Rich (tentatively) DI Joe Rexington?

I make that 16 plus me and him too.

Edited by yorks5stringer

Still interested, can't confirm just yet , but 90% certain (I need to run it past Mrs inSomerset who's in the states until No1st, I can't think of a problem with my attendance but there could be something I've forgotten like children's birthday, wedding anniversary, the date set for my brain transplant etc)
I hope to bring:
2006 US Jazz
Bitza P body fretless Jazz
The Brown Special acoustic fretless

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1351284297' post='1849820']
looking like a reasonable turnout at the minute!

looking forward to trying out lots of stuff! even if im not the best player

andy
[/quote]

You and me both brother! :)

Just waiting for York5stringer to return from a trip, then we'll decide on the choice of venues we're looking at.
Sorry for delay, but the venue choice is largely dependant on numbers committed to come.
But it's happening for sure on Sunday 18th 12-4 p.m. and likely to be in Sherborne.

John.

[quote name='oldslapper' timestamp='1351708908' post='1854502']
Just waiting for York5stringer to return from a trip, then we'll decide on the choice of venues we're looking at.
Sorry for delay, but the venue choice is largely dependant on numbers committed to come.
But it's happening for sure on Sunday 18th 12-4 p.m. and likely to be in Sherborne.

John.
[/quote]

Cool.

Lovely Sherborne Castle. Just checked and its shut after Oct 28th :(.