Why become a member? ×

Bloody furious!!!!!!!

karlfer

[quote name='4 Strings' timestamp='1338885780' post='1680377']
Heh, similar thought here. Could all join it and mention other basses. Bit like saying 'bum' on the radio!

How about we run a little competition on there, to see who can mention a bass and get away with it? eg

'..that colour is hard to defend. Erroneously, my screen made it look less pink...'

'Looks like it's precision made...'

'..thought the colour way bright so I showed it to my mate Rick, and back away he did!'

etc
[/quote]

Love it!
On the other [i]hond o[/i]f course, it may not go down well. But they should remember it's all about the [i]music man[/i], it would be a s[i]hame r[/i]eally if they forgot that.

Done.
However, I spoke untruth. I'd told you I'd repeat what you'd written about the Fender. However, what I really posted on there was:

"ANDERS, you are a pathetic little despot. Frankly you can stick you attitude and your ATTITUDE up your anal tract. Talk about "my ball and I'm taking it away", you small minded cyber bully.
And yes, I hope others on Basschat point this out to you."

I just hope this was nice and polite. English is not my first language, you know.

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1338891943' post='1680525']
Done.
However, I spoke untruth. I'd told you I'd repeat what you'd written about the Fender. However, what I really posted on there was:

"ANDERS, you are a pathetic little despot. Frankly you can stick you attitude and your ATTITUDE up your anal tract. Talk about "my ball and I'm taking it away", you small minded cyber bully.
And yes, I hope others on Basschat point this out to you."

I just hope this was nice and polite. English is not my first language, you know.
[/quote]

I think you Europeans really know how to stick it to people in English! :D

[quote name='kevin_lindsay' timestamp='1338840684' post='1679963']
Eh? Billy's Attitude bass was developed by Yamaha based upon his modified Fender Precision bass!!!

Do the forum guys think his Yamaha model was created after s dream he had or something?
[/quote]

The wife is often discussed on the pages, one is being discussed right now!

Will ask Anders and try and ask Billy about this!

[quote name='4 Strings' timestamp='1338885780' post='1680377']
How about we run a little competition on there, to see who can mention a bass and get away with it?[/quote]

Not so creative and funny as your examples, but I've now mentioned Fender twice in a few hours. Anders has replied angrily (of course I don't hold that against him), but has not deleted my posts or commented my use of the offending word.

It was always going to happen Karl. I suppose I'm surprised it wasn't sooner. I have had three posts removed but no warning or red card, I think because I was one of the initial contributors, however, we do need to sort this out, and ; you need to be part of it KARL!

andy

just posted this on the attitude FB page:

The post that was removed was in my opinion totally relevant to the Attitude bass,,, the colour scheme and inlays of the Fender looked more than a little inspired by the seafoam Attitude and the thumbnail pic even looked like an Attitude at first glance...the Attitude being of course based on a Fender P in the first place... Lots of pics of 'the wife' on here too containing 0% Yamaha. Karl getting blocked for posting said Fender pic seems completely OTT as he has previously contributed lots and is an Attitude player himself. He wasn't trying to promote anything and was just posting info he thought would be of interest to fellow Attitude fans.. it was to me. I like a good P from time to time!

OK, stirred up some dirt there.
Anders has revealed himself and his tendencies even by his comments on my direct attack.
Andy Philips, Clive Jones and Craig Danitz are talking sense.
Now we'll see what happens.

Karl, do you wish to get back into the group, or do you wish to drop the group?

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1338934510' post='1681482']
OK, stirred up some dirt there.
Anders has revealed himself and his tendencies even by his comments on my direct attack.
Andy Philips, Clive Jones and Craig Danitz are talking sense.
Now we'll see what happens.

Karl, do you wish to get back into the group, or do you wish to drop the group?
[/quote]

Thanks Bert.
In answer to your question I was removed from the group without anybody warning or questioning me. Up until then I had enjoyed learning and contributing.
I would have preferred none of this had happened however I certainly won't be begging.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1338840475' post='1679959']
Kicked off Yamaha Attitude Facebook page for daring to mention Fender. Where the Hell do they think the origins of Sheehans Attitude basses come from.
Come back John Hall, all is forgiven :angry:
[/quote]

youve just inspired me to go do something on facebook :ph34r:

edit - at least the TRB facebook group is open with no control freakery overlording it :lol:

Edited by steve-bbb

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1338961695' post='1681619']
Thanks Bert.
In answer to your question I was removed from the group without anybody warning or questioning me. Up until then I had enjoyed learning and contributing.
I would have preferred none of this had happened however I certainly won't be begging.
[/quote]

Before thanking me, you should know I haven't exactly been a good boy in the Attitude group, and I almost litterally blew up a bomb in front of Anders' nose. I tried to shock people into action, and seem to have managed that, but feel no contentness or pride.
If and when you get back in the Attitude group, I imagine you can see what I did.

I've just seen this thread, and have to say I think its absolutely disgusting, truly horrible.....and thats just the bass!! :lol:

Seriously though (Actually i was being serious!), that behavious sucks, and you're clearly better off out of it, and the whole of facebook for that matter, as has been mentioned, real lives are much more fun!

Its incredible that this happened and very stupid.

Mind you I once went on the Ernie Ball forum and asked why my Stingray had so many dead spots. Big Boppa/Poppa or whatever his user name is was straight down my throat within a millisecond of me posting the thread telling me to take it up via a dealer. It didn't help when I told him my local dealer was crap and that was why I was posting on the forum to seek help as his Stingray was unplayable.

Many thanks to everybody (especially Clive and Bert) for all the support.
Actually, I thought initially I was behaving like a brat ( no change there, I'm an old git who has lived long enough to deserve to be a brat) but it seems I am not the only one to fall foul of Facebook egos.
It's a good resource, nowhere near as valuable as Basschat, but still helpful. It's the no trial that really hacks me off, and his message to me didn't mention I'd been kicked out. That is gutless even by internet standard.
And Rick, I hope you aren't slagging off my new Mex FSR Sea foam green dude, beauty, beholder etc.
Especially hurtful as I adore ALL of yours :P.

Edited by karlfer

[quote name='Johngh' timestamp='1338982348' post='1681882']
Mind you I once went on the Ernie Ball forum and asked why my Stingray had so many dead spots. Big Boppa/Poppa or whatever his user name is was straight down my throat within a millisecond of me posting the thread telling me to take it up via a dealer. It didn't help when I told him my local dealer was crap and that was why I was posting on the forum to seek help as his Stingray was unplayable.
[/quote]

Yup, I think I've seen that exact thread, and was flabbergasted. Why in the world didn't he just say sorry and give you a phone number and e-mail address?
They do keep very strict forum rules there, on the basis of them owning the forum, but I think it actually does them harm as it drives people away.

On the positive side, it [b][i]is[/i][/b] stated in the forum rules that one must take it up with customer service if the dealer can't help, and also they have not deleted these threads, and everybody can still read stuff that was written even between 5 and 10 years ago.
Also, the don't expell people for this stuff.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1338983101' post='1681892']
And Rick, I hope you aren't slagging off my new Mex FST Sea foam green dude, beauty, beholder etc.
Especially hurtful as I adore ALL of yours :P.
[/quote]

Puh, nobody has any taste [b]at all[/b] if they like seafoam, antigua, green, sunburst, lacquer, natural, oiled or invisible.