Why become a member? ×

I have a good bass and I have a good amp... Why do I need a pedal?

bassickman

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1338392338' post='1673832']
I've not used a clip on tuner so I don't know about it's multitude of practical shortcomings, but I would imagine it makes your bass look less cool :P
[/quote]

I wouldn't be seen dead with a clip on tuner. I'd rather be out of tune by a full tone (whatever the heck a tone is!) for a full gig than have one of those ass ugly things sticking out of my base.

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1338587388' post='1677042']
Yep those things are a godsend! I had a Korg Pitchblack before I got my Zoom B3 which also has a silent tuning mode :)
[/quote]
Yep Boss TU2 for me,saves me the embarrassment of tuning up to the audience,more professional IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I've never had a massive need for loads of bass effects. I just like a bit of overdrive and maybe some compression if required but that is only usually on recordings. One of my friends recently spent several hundred pounds on effects for that "dubstep" sound, and he is [i]still [/i]using his crappy clip-on tuner! I don't know eh?

Having effect does not mean you necessary use it all the time. It allows you to play more dynamic having better sound creates effect of whole band. That is why you use effect. It is like changing strings some people do like it some do not until they broke.....

So there is no right no wrong question and judgin is wrong