Why become a member? ×

Andertons Music - What a great shop.

Nibody

When i bought my PF-500 I ordered it from Andertons (As did a few others) and the customer service was second to none. I'd bought the last one in stock at that time and they inspected it and informed me there were a few minor scratches as it had been on display. They offered me a discount or a few extras if I wanted to take that one, or wait till new stock arrived. As it happened just as they were about to ship it new stock turned up and they sent me a new head - but the communication and helpfulness blew me away.

I've ordered a few things from them, most recently an Epiphone hardcase for my Tbird, which arrived damaged. Looked like someone at UPS had rammed it with either a small forklift or a sack truck. Sight unseen they offered me a partial refund, a new case (UPS collecting the old one and dropping off a new one) or a few acessories. I sent on to them the pictures I took of the damage anyway and have asked for accessories. Shame the case arrived with a damaged corner, but by god i wish a few other companies customer service was as fine as Andertons.

That sounds great :)

I've recently made my first order with Andertons, of a Stageclix Jack wireless system. I had some questions about ordering, and about the product itrself so I phoned them up and was an overall pleasant experience.They didn't know the answer to one of my questions, but they contacted either the manufacturer or the distributor and then called me back within the hour with the answer. Very impressed with that!

I haven't yet received it yet as they were out of stock, but this was made clear to me well before ordering. Got an email on the 9th to tell me that the order should be with them within 7 days, and that I'll receive it shortly after that. Of course, I'm assuming that means working days. I didn't pay for express delivery or anything like that but I'm still crossing my fingers that it will come this week so I can try it out at rehearsal on Monday!

I've got to agree with the above, their prices are very competitive, and you can apply for 0% finance over 9 months which even I was accepted for! ;)

Also I dunno if anyone's seen but they also have a Youtube channel where they make pretty damn good demo videos of some of their wares (entertaining too! :D)

+1. I originally bought a PF350 head and PF115HE cab (at a great price). The head proved faulty and they happily swapped it and also allowed me to go for the PF500 which, taking into account the loyalty bonus points I had from the original sale, only had to pay about 15 quid for the bigger head.

Hadn't been there before (except to buy my first P-bass in 1977) and will be certainly going back - very impressed with the service. Pretty much what a guitar shop used to be like - and no Stairway To Heaven being played in the shop either!!!

Just gave them a call to enquire about my backorder. I think it was Ross who I spoke to? Anyways, despite me trying to assure him I was not inconvenienced by the wait he still insisted on apologising :lol: He then popped me on hold where I was treated to some classic rock for about 45 seconds, before informing me he'd just spoken with the suppliers. They should receive my order at the beginning of next week!

A little later than they had anticipated, but they do order these things from Holland! With some luck I will at least have it in time for my next gig!

[quote name='Bassman Steve' timestamp='1337699246' post='1664144']
- and no Stairway To Heaven being played in the shop either!!!
[/quote]

No Stairway! Denied!

i bought a PF500 from them. Had driven down to them, as wanted to try one out before buying. Once I heard it, had to have it, so enquired if they would price-match. They made a couple of calls to places advertising at a lesser price, to establish if in stock, when the confirmation came through, they were happy to do so. And a great shop too - I could spend hours in there, though would make sure I left my credit card at home :)

I'm glad that Andertons gets the attention it deserves - I've always lived nearby, so consider it my local music shop, so didn't really know how good I had it until I had to use another nearby shop for strings.

It's looking really nice in there too now that they've done a refurb. Pity they no longer stock Warwicks :(

I bought my second ever bass (an Aria Pro II Mab-40) and a still going strong Trace Elliot combo from Andertons in the early 90s, and always enjoyed good service. Anyone remember it from its previous location on Haydon Place?

[quote name='Mark_Andertons' timestamp='1337768150' post='1665044']
Thanks for the nice comments guys, we've always prided ourselves on offering the best customer service. Which isn't to say things never go wrong just that we hope to put things right when they do. So it's always good to see threads like this!
[/quote]

If you ever decide to expand, you should open a shop in Birmingham. You already beat PMT, GAK and DV hands down on price and service.. reminds me of the old Musical Exchanges. Second thoughts dont.. If I start spending more I'm looking at a divorce!!! LOL

[quote name='Nibody' timestamp='1337769122' post='1665062']
If you ever decide to expand, you should open a shop in Birmingham. You already beat PMT, GAK and DV hands down on price and service.. reminds me of the old Musical Exchanges. Second thoughts dont.. If I start spending more I'm looking at a divorce!!! LOL
[/quote]

Well as you may or may not know we've been around since 1964 and run by three generations of the Anderton family including at current Lee Anderton and while we've always been growing as a business we've never really had any plans to open another store simply because we know that it dilutes customer service and loses some of the heart and soul of the business: the two things that make us who we are! Guildford's a lovely town though, worth the visit!

[quote name='Mark_Andertons' timestamp='1337768150' post='1665044']
Thanks for the nice comments guys, we've always prided ourselves on offering the best customer service. Which isn't to say things never go wrong just that we hope to put things right when they do. So it's always good to see threads like this!
[/quote]

Welcome aboard Mark! :)

Us bass players are a funny bunch but it's great to see our comments appreciated

...and another fan. I bought my Ashdown amp from there after trying out several in their demo room. I didn't buy a Yamaha BB614 after spending ages playing it, and they were just fine about that too. Really helpful and reasonably competitive on price

Well worth a visit.

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1337774650' post='1665193']
Welcome aboard Mark! :)

Us bass players are a funny bunch but it's great to see our comments appreciated
[/quote]

I've played guitar for 10 odd years but recently moved to bass almost exclusively. I play in church bands and for a singer-songwriter friend and colleague at Andertons and there is always more demand for me to fumble bass than to play guitar and frankly I've grown to love it so much I've more or less packed in the 6-string all together. So in that interesting limbo of knowing my scales and so on fine but having to learn a lot of the right hand techniques from scratch. All too often tempting to just grab a plectrum!

[quote name='toneknob' timestamp='1337767806' post='1665039']
I bought my second ever bass (an Aria Pro II Mab-40) and a still going strong Trace Elliot combo from Andertons in the early 90s, and always enjoyed good service. Anyone remember it from its previous location on Haydon Place?
[/quote]

Yep, used to go and look at stuff I couldn't afford in there, when I was staying at my grans for the summer.

[quote name='Mark_Andertons' timestamp='1337769921' post='1665082']
Well as you may or may not know we've been around since 1964 and run by three generations of the Anderton family including at current Lee Anderton and while we've always been growing as a business we've never really had any plans to open another store simply because we know that it dilutes customer service and loses some of the heart and soul of the business: the two things that make us who we are! Guildford's a lovely town though, worth the visit!
[/quote]

I knew that, my dad bought his first guitar from you back in 1965. As a Guildford lad at heart (not lived there in over 20 years now) I have to agree with your sentiment.

[quote name='Mark_Andertons' timestamp='1337780692' post='1665347']All too often tempting to just grab a plectrum!
[/quote]

It's not against the law! Sometimes a pick is necessary for certain sounds, I use both. Big fat Dunlop triangles for bass.

Its often said: 'You can't please all the people all the time' but I'd say Andertons is pretty damn close! I've had great on-line and telphone service and as for the shop... wow! (if you were lucky enough to be treated with a visit to Hamleys toy shop in London as a child, you'll know exactly what I mean!)

Another happy big kid customer.

I'm also a very happy with the level of service at Andertons.... bought three basses from them, and each and every time has been brilliant. They have my regular custom and will continue to have it as long as I have GAS and a penny or two in my pocket

• 2 weeks later...

Bump. "Popped in" today (the quotes are 'cos I live an hour's drive away :-) to get my head around USB interfaces. First visit since the refurb, stuck my head into the bass room, saw a Stagg EUB... never played a EUB before, got the OK from a staff member to noodle away. Then went on to an impromptu J vs P, MIM vs MIA thing...

About an hour later I emerged and headed to the recording section and got some very straight info on the relative merits of various interfaces and monitors, with advice tailored to my particular requirements rather than trying to sell me the sexiest bells-and-whistles gear. Came away with an entry-level DAW setup (interface with bundled software, USB/MIDI cable and monitors) at least £100 under budget.

Super!