Why become a member? ×

Andertons Music - What a great shop.

Nibody

Called up Anderton's today because my Stageclix Jack delivery date kept being changed, and it was supposed to arrive at the store today. I had it on back order which I was fully aware of before paying for it btw :) it seems like it was all due to their supplier messing them around (I came to this conclusion, I wasn't given this as a half arsed excuse!). Anyways Jon investigated and it had actually arrived today! And since I had ordered it just over a month ago, I was assured that my order would be upgraded to next day delivery.. Result! :D

Definitely pleased with the service, however I would advise against ordering any out of stock items if you're in a hurry ;)

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1339078995' post='1683323']
Called up Anderton's today because my Stageclix Jack delivery date kept being changed, and it was supposed to arrive at the store today. I had it on back order which I was fully aware of before paying for it btw :) it seems like it was all due to their supplier messing them around (I came to this conclusion, I wasn't given this as a half arsed excuse!). Anyways Jon investigated and it had actually arrived today! And since I had ordered it just over a month ago, I was assured that my order would be upgraded to next day delivery.. Result! :D

Definitely pleased with the service, however I would advise against ordering any out of stock items if you're in a hurry ;)
[/quote]

Just thought I'd give you guys some insight on this because this is the number 1 cause of complaints and unsatisfied customers.

When things are out of stock and you place a backorder we contact our supplier and order it directly from them, they then give us an approximate date which pass on to the customer.

Now without naming names some suppliers are significantly more accurate than others who are wildly optimistic and or wildly undecided.

Often there is a rush to announce new products during the major MI trade show that I'm sure you've all heard of NAMM which takes place each January. NAMM makes my teams life hell because 3 people have to sift through about a hundred press releases every day and quickly make those products available to order on our website, lest we be slow and the excited potential customer goes to a competitor instead to place his order (there is also an impetus from a Search Engine Optimisation angle to get things up online as soon as possible).

The reality is that some of the products announced at NAMM are actually as much as a year away from hitting shelves (in extreme cases) and usually at least months away. The confusion is that the further away products are from hitting shelves generally the less accurate the delivery dates are. We've seen this today when I had to tell a customer that the Mackie wireless iPad Mixer that was announced at NAMM and was originally expected to hit shelves fairly soon after is now delayed until September.

NAMM products illustrate this well but it applies to products already in production too. The point is that as a business we are at the mercy of the suppliers to give us accurate dates and while they are usually right sadly they can occasionally be wrong and require changing which sadly is seen by some customers as us 'messing them about'. Believe me when I say it is just as frustrating for us because at the end of the day all we want to do is get you your gear as quickly as possible so that you feel you've had a good experience with us and ultimately choose to always shop with us!

[quote name='Mark_Andertons' timestamp='1339092023' post='1683579']
Just thought I'd give you guys some insight on this.....
[/quote]

Hey Mark, hope my last post didn't look like I was complaining about the store. You guys have done everything you should have done and more. And hey I should get something awesome in the post tomorrow! :) I'll be happy to order from Andertons again sometime :D

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1339102312' post='1683836']
Hey Mark, hope my last post didn't look like I was complaining about the store. You guys have done everything you should have done and more. And hey I should get something awesome in the post tomorrow! :) I'll be happy to order from Andertons again sometime :D
[/quote]

It wasn't meant grumpily just that I thought it was a good opportunity to explain publicly why things like that happen. Really want to get across how frustrating it is for us too that it has to happen :(

To join in with the positive reviews I took a chance and went down to andertons about 15 months ago on my way home (empty handed) from GAK and found everything I wanted with all the help needed. I came out with a new sterling bass, head (little mark III) and TC cab. Great gear buying day that doesnt happen very often :-)