Why become a member? ×

Ebay photo Classic

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Precision-p-bass-copy-guitar-electric-Ryder-dark-blue-maple-fingerboard-/300709561492?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item4603afc494"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Precision-p-bass-copy-guitar-electric-Ryder-dark-blue-maple-fingerboard-/300709561492?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item4603afc494[/url]

Classic. Is this a Basschatter?

[quote name='Johnston' timestamp='1337597120' post='1662395']
Weren't these like £40 when they went on offer?
[/quote]

I think they were 60... but I have seen them sold for more on here.
I saw a rough body go for 60 although it wasn't openly disclosed as a SR - it was simply advertised as a P bass type body. Nasty. <_<

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1337598485' post='1662416']
.... Love the photo though.
[/quote]

[i].... rubbish pic because I only unwrapped it far enough to see it wasn't as expected, then sat about debating whether to send back....[/i]

I'm surprised he had the energy to switch his camera on. :D

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1337602136' post='1662495']
Not familiar with Ryder basses then? Plenty of info on them right here.
[/quote]
Yes, very familiar. I remember all the threads about the £59 deal they were doing at the time.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1337603041' post='1662514']
So how can you not know what it is then?
[/quote]
What about all the people who don't know what it is? I am just pointing out that it is a ridiculous photo. What is the point of posting a photo of shrinkwrap? You could have lifted a photo from the interweb of a proper Sue Ryder bass. Anyway, good luck with the sale.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1337603041' post='1662514']
So how can you not know what it is then?
[/quote]

Because from this photo (for what it's worth... the point of this thread) there is no way of knowing if it is indeed what the description says it is... in fact to be honest it's quite hard to tell through the ectoplasm that it actually is a bass.

If it really is yours then I apologise for my comment earlier...it's just the sheer despondency in the description tickled me. :)

[quote name='BottomE' timestamp='1337605680' post='1662579']
What about all the people who don't know what it is? I am just pointing out that it is a ridiculous photo. What is the point of posting a photo of shrinkwrap? You could have lifted a photo from the interweb of a proper Sue Ryder bass. Anyway, good luck with the sale.
[/quote]

Being still wrapped is a fairly significant property of the item, a pictoral depiction of the fact it is unplayed and effectively as new. And if someone doesn't trust the description says what it is, why would they bid at all, and why would I want to deal with them.

I can basically make a little more than that from the bass should Is trip it for parts, this is just a chance it gets to not be dismembered, up until some parts of it become otherwise useful.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1337606878' post='1662615']
Being still wrapped is a fairly significant property of the item, a pictoral depiction of the fact it is unplayed and effectively as new. And if someone doesn't trust the description says what it is, why would they bid at all, and why would I want to deal with them.

I can basically make a little more than that from the bass should Is trip it for parts, this is just a chance it gets to not be dismembered, up until some parts of it become otherwise useful.
[/quote]

Like i said, good luck with the sale - i'll keep an eye on it.

'Ou7shined'
Because from this photo (for what it's worth... the point of this thread) there is no way of knowing if it is indeed what the description says it is... in fact to be honest it's quite hard to tell through the ectoplasm that it actually is a bass.

MB1. B)
Looks a bit like the pod Derek Smalls finally emerges from? :unsure:

They were £60, I bought 6 of them and sold them all on here for £60 as so many people wanted them and our local shop had a lot of them.
That shop closed down soon after :lol:

In fact I will be listing one shortly.