Why become a member? ×

Greetings from Warwick Basses & Framus Guitars!

Warwick_Official

Hello All,

I'm a member of the Warwick/Framus Social Media Team! I'm joining the forum to be available for questions, comments, and all things Bass! I'm a bass player for over 2 decades, I play a bit of guitar, and have a love for all things bass related. Looking forward to joining in on all the great discussions here. Thanks!

Edited by Warwick_Official

Welcome Garey. A thank you - and thumbs up - to Warwick for catering so well for left-handed bassists, not just those with the money to buy a "real" Warwick but also those who can only stretch to a Rockbass. Good stuff.
It's great to be able to get most models in both RH and LH versions and with no surcharge, and usually no extra waiting time. Keep up the good work.

Hi Garey and a big welcome to Basschat. I am a proud owner of two Streamers, a 2011 LX4 and a 2006 Jazzman Fretless. Both are amazing and will not be leaving my side. Currently recording with the LX4 and it sounds ace. Not sure if you are in the UK or Germany but I have spoken to Dirk a few times who has promised me a tour of the factory next time I am in Germany so if you are over there then I hope to meet you also.

Hi Garey.

Welcome to the forum, hopefully you'll enjoy your time here.

I hope this doesn't sound too harsh, but it seems like you work for the perfect department to take this on board! I'm a big Warwick fan and have owned many. I recently had to unlike the Warwick and Framus facebook page because you guys were clogging my feed with so many posts. Firstly, I didn't appreciate the Warwick page getting combined with the Framus one, I don't play guitar and I don't want to subscribe to any information about it. Also I know what the Warwick range is, I don't want advertising for it every day in my social media feed!

Hopefully this feedback will be useful to you guys!
Dan

[quote name='dc2009' timestamp='1337023853' post='1654278']
Hi Garey.

I hope this doesn't sound too harsh, but it seems like you work for the perfect department to take this on board! I'm a big Warwick fan and have owned many. I recently had to unlike the Warwick and Framus facebook page because you guys were clogging my feed with so many posts. Firstly, I didn't appreciate the Warwick page getting combined with the Framus one, I don't play guitar and I don't want to subscribe to any information about it. Also I know what the Warwick range is, I don't want advertising for it every day in my social media feed!

Dan
[/quote]

What dc2009 said. I've had to "Hide" your Warwick and Framus page on FB, which I'm sure is exactly the opposite of what you guys wanted to achieve.

Edited by bluejay

[quote name='dc2009' timestamp='1337023853' post='1654278']
Hi Garey.

Dan
[/quote]

+1 on that , their should have some kind of option to this matter , & welcome to the forum

Thanks for the warm welcome! Sorry if you're having issues with the new Facebook page. We're trying to provide up to date content on instruments, artists, events, and more....of course everyone has their own feelings on that! I will be sure to share all comments with the Social Media Team! Thanks again!

Thanks for the feedback! We've recently combined the pages to offer the New Warwick & Framus Facebook page. Warwick Basses and Framus Guitars are made side by side here in Markneukirchen, Germany (as well as the Framus Vintage/Artist Series and the Warwick Pro/Artist Series, made in Korea)...which many people do not know! Fred Wilfer (Father of Warwick's Hans-Peter Wilfer) created the Framus company in 1946. For decades Framus was one of Europe's leading stringed instrument company, played by artists such as John Lennon, Elvis Presley, Billy Lorento, and Bill Wyman. In the late 70's Framus was forced to close due to competition from the Asian market...but after a couple years of transition, Warwick was founded: 13 September 1982, by Hans-Peter Wilfer) Now, 30 years later, Warwick and Framus offer an amazing array of models and options...as well as an incredible Artist roster. The factory is a blend of cutting-edge technology and hand-craftsmanship...with a dedication to high environmental standards. We welcome all your comments...thanks!

@ Garey, I know, but still, many bassists are not interested in being kept up to the second about guitars, and vice versa for guitarists. I - and I'm sure many other Warwick fans - already receive your newsletters and other marketing material via separate emails, so I suppose at least your FB output could be tailored. Just a suggestion, and thank you for getting on to this forum and listening to us.

Edited by bluejay

[quote name='Warwick_Official' timestamp='1337085252' post='1655097']
Thanks for the feedback! We've recently combined the pages to offer the New Warwick & Framus Facebook page. Warwick Basses and Framus Guitars are made side by side here in Markneukirchen, Germany (as well as the Framus Vintage/Artist Series and the Warwick Pro/Artist Series, made in Korea)...which many people do not know! Fred Wilfer (Father of Warwick's Hans-Peter Wilfer) created the Framus company in 1946. For decades Framus was one of Europe's leading stringed instrument company, played by artists such as John Lennon, Elvis Presley, Billy Lorento, and Bill Wyman. In the late 70's Framus was forced to close due to competition from the Asian market...but after a couple years of transition, Warwick was founded: 13 September 1982, by Hans-Peter Wilfer) Now, 30 years later, Warwick and Framus offer an amazing array of models and options...as well as an incredible Artist roster. The factory is a blend of cutting-edge technology and hand-craftsmanship...with a dedication to high environmental standards. We welcome all your comments...thanks!
[/quote]

After that post, and the intense FB advertising, my warm relationship to Warwick is already cooling down, I'm sorry to have to say.

bert

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1337091733' post='1655259']
After that post, and the intense FB advertising, my warm relationship to Warwick is already cooling down, I'm sorry to have to say.

bert
[/quote]

I can appreciate that the FB advertising may be annoying (but at least they have voiced that they will take this on board) and the response in the post that you allude to does appear to be a bit of a corporate 'cut n paste' job but I'm not sure why that should cool your opinion of them!

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1337092180' post='1655273']
but I'm not sure why that should cool your opinion of them!
[/quote]

Well, at any rate, It's not about my opinion on the basses themselves.

But I do react strongly negatively to this type of forum abuse.
As an importer/distributor, and having my own forum on my own website, I never use that forum (my own forum, mind you) for corporate cut 'n' paste or blatant adspeak. It's distateful. I hope it also is unintelligent.

best,
bert

I see your point, Bert, I was slightly irritated by that post of Garey's too, but I think we should cut him some slack, as he's new here, and stick to constructive criticism. I'm sure he - and his company - are more likely to take our suggestions on board that way.

Edited by bluejay

Hi guys. Sorry if anything came across wrong. Its certainly not a corporate cut'n'paste...but rather an extension of ourselves through the forums, and I thought some history on the company would be nice. I just want to be present to support anyone interested in Warwick or Framus. I will certainly take all comments to the team....and constructive criticism is more than welcome! I hope, with time, this will become evident. Thanks...

Edited by Warwick_Official