Why become a member? ×

Greetings from Warwick Basses & Framus Guitars!

Warwick_Official

[quote name='Warwick_Official' timestamp='1341248369' post='1715744']
AttitudeCastler, Yes...Erland Caspersen IS a Warwick endorser! He is very talented...thanks for the comment! You can see his profile here: [url="http://warwick.de/modules/endorser/list.php?type=musician&katID=14569&cl=EN"]http://warwick.de/mo...tID=14569&cl=EN[/url]
[/quote]

Thanks!

He is a MONSTER saw him and Jeroen Paul Thesseling on tour together this year. Crazy stuff!

Need to get my hands on a Warwick asap! Never had the fortune to try one, but they sound incredible!

I have always loved Warwick. In the past I had a Thumb BO that was lovely, but then I got this Ltd Edition Streamer from 1990...

[IMG]http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv52/Baryonyx2112/Streamer1.jpg[/IMG]

Truely, one of the best basses I have ever played. Absolutely stunning in every respect. One day I may enquire at the Warwick forums to try and find out more about it.

Chris2112, Your Streamer is gorgeous! What sort of info are you looking for? If you send pictures of the front and back, the serial number and control cavity...send them to [email protected] and you will get all information that is available. Records for those days are not great, but perhaps there will be something to learn. Please let me know if I can assist you in any way. Thanks!

I'm sure there are many others out there who would agree that it would be awfully nice if you would allow Rob Green of Status Graphite to build Buzzards again. Is there no way you can come to some amicable arrangement about this? Rob Green is a really nice bloke and Status are a tiny company compared to you guys and I don't see how their bespoke manufacture of Buzzards would cause you any problems at all. You can't really call them competition. Even if they were still making Buzzards they wouldn't even dent your profits and People wanting a wooden Buzzard would get one from you anyway. Personally I would like the option of buying a carbon graphite version.

I'm sure Warwick would earn a lot of new fans if they did this (and John Entwistle would stop spinning in his grave!). :mellow:

The Buzzard was thought up in a meeting between John Entwistle and Hans-Peter Wilfer, sketched on a napkin! 80% of the design was created by HPW in the weeks following that meeting, as proven in a court of law. As such, Warwick was the originator of the instrument and will be the sole producer of it. Thanks for your comments!

[quote name='steve-soar' timestamp='1341342340' post='1717450']
And Rob had to destroy the moulds, so I doubt these basses will ever be built again.
Shame. Maybe a Warwick/Status collaboration?
[/quote]

Rob has stated that even if he was allowed to make the Buzzard again he could not afford the tooling costs for the moulds. So there will never be another Status Buzzard, but no doubt a few more Warwick ones that never seemed as good.

Got an email back about my Streamer, addressed from H.P Wilfer (though I doubt he had anything to do with the email). It thanked me for sending me the pics and linked me to a 1989 Ltd Edition Streamer Stage one that looked nothing like my bass, I assume they don't have any images of the 1990 Ltd Edition to link me to.

[quote name='Warwick_Official' timestamp='1341341376' post='1717427']
The Buzzard was thought up in a meeting between John Entwistle and Hans-Peter Wilfer, sketched on a napkin! 80% of the design was created by HPW in the weeks following that meeting, as proven in a court of law. As such, Warwick was the originator of the instrument and will be the sole producer of it. Thanks for your comments!
[/quote]
"Ahem" said Ned Stienburger from the back! :)

[quote name='Warwick_Official' timestamp='1341356720' post='1717815']
Chris2112, I'm sorry the link was not to your bass. But...your email was indeed from Hans-Peter Wilfer. He personally responds to [b]all[/b] of the instrument requests. Your are correct, we currently do not have images of the 1990 LTD. Thanks for your support!
[/quote] you do now if you ask chris!

[quote name='Warwick_Official' timestamp='1341341376' post='1717427']
[/quote]

Wow that's telling me! It would appear I have touched a raw nerve and you haven't actually answered my question.

Let me put it another way. Is there any chance that Warwick, a Global company with a turnover of many many £$€1,000,000s and factories and distribution all over the World, might consider getting over itself and allowing a small British boutique instrument builder to continue making John Entwistle's first choice of bass? If he was still alive, both you and Rob Green would still be selling Buzzards and everybody would be happy. It's obviously a deeply personal issue for Hans Peter but my question is, is this not something that can be resolved between you? How can a tiny company like Status hurt your business? You don't hear about Alembic or Jaydee trying to stop them building Kingbasses, nor do you see Fender bothering anymore to try and stop jazz and p bass copies. They are all confident enough in the strength of their own brands and so should Warwick.

Another post has suggested a collaboration between the two companies which is a great idea. How about a Warwick Buzzard with a Status Graphite neck as an option? Both companies would benefit from this. I know I'd buy one.

[quote name='Warwick_Official' timestamp='1341356720' post='1717815']
Chris2112, I'm sorry the link was not to your bass. But...your email was indeed from Hans-Peter Wilfer. He personally responds to [b]all[/b] of the instrument requests. Your are correct, we currently do not have images of the 1990 LTD. Thanks for your support!
[/quote]

I find that pretty cool for a company as big as Warwick. Well, he has a copy of my images now for the file if he ever needs them, they were attached to the email!

[quote name='steve-soar' timestamp='1341342340' post='1717450']
And Rob had to destroy the moulds, so I doubt these basses will ever be built again.
Shame. Maybe a Warwick/Status collaboration?
[/quote]
[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1341346657' post='1717570']
Rob has stated that even if he was allowed to make the Buzzard again he could not afford the tooling costs for the moulds. So there will never be another Status Buzzard, but no doubt a few more Warwick ones that never seemed as good.

Got an email back about my Streamer, addressed from H.P Wilfer (though I doubt he had anything to do with the email). It thanked me for sending me the pics and linked me to a 1989 Ltd Edition Streamer Stage one that looked nothing like my bass, I assume they don't have any images of the 1990 Ltd Edition to link me to.
[/quote]

I'm curious to know what happened here. Why did Rob have to destroy the moulds? Doesn't make sense.

[quote name='Bass-Thing' timestamp='1341496063' post='1720041']
I'm curious to know what happened here. Why did Rob have to destroy the moulds? Doesn't make sense.
[/quote]

Likely the rights to the the Buzzard bass include the right to any means of producing an exact copy. The fact that Rob was forced to destroy the moulds has sometimes been presented as though it was an assurance for Warwick that he would not make any more, at other times it has been presented as just Warwick being spiteful because they had the financial means to bury Status Graphite and were determined to have their way.

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1341498087' post='1720074']
Likely the rights to the the Buzzard bass include the right to any means of producing an exact copy. The fact that Rob was forced to destroy the moulds has sometimes been presented as though it was an assurance for Warwick that he would not make any more, at other times it has been presented as just Warwick being spiteful because they had the financial means to bury Status Graphite and were determined to have their way.
[/quote]

Meanwhile.... ned steinburger's latest bass looks like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRBxxof_3Ww&feature=related

:D