Why become a member? ×

Greetings from Warwick Basses & Framus Guitars!

Warwick_Official

Another kudos to Warwick for creating some incredible basses and following strict guidelines from the FSC and making everything environmentally friendly. Cant be easy and especially seeing what sh*t Gibson went through.

Any idea if Sam Rivers will be getting a Sig bass? ;) love his Warwick beasts.

[quote name='bigsmokebass' timestamp='1339039179' post='1682771']
Fair play but even the (Warwick) Rock Basses are fetching a few grand now, although their quality has improved a thousand times since as far as I can recall, it's just hard to own one of these basses now.
Just saddens me that what I *could* afford now for a Warwick, the prices have moved on and even finding a decent enough secondhand Im still looking to spend a fair bit or they're a bit tatty.

I just wanna Warwick :(
[/quote] you'll be able to get decent secondhand for reasonable price, not as low as a year or so ago but still pretty good. What model you after?

Garey, this makes me even more proud and pleased to be a Warwick player.

[quote name='Warwick_Official' timestamp='1339016776' post='1682616']
Truckstop: There are quite a few answers to your question. Many things have changed at Warwick in the last 4 years. Production has been reduced from around 9000 instruments per year, to about 2500 per year. The focus is on making instruments of the highest quality and consistency. All of the wood we source is certified legal wood, and not coming from places that cannot be guaranteed. Every step of the process is certified, and that means a lot of fees and clerical work.

Additionally, Warwick is now a leader in using FSC-Certified Ebony and US Swamp Ash. The FSC Ebony (Forest Stewardship Council) is carries the strictest guidelines - not only does the wood need to be FSC-Certified, but the factory too. There are 3 manufacturers in the US (Martin, Gibson, and as of February PRS) that are FSC-Certified. In Europe it is Sonor and Warwick. This guarantees, every step of the way, that our wood comes from legal certified forests, no forests that are being cut for agriculture use, no wood from countries with civil or traditional rights violated, and no genetically altered woods. All of the wood at Warwick & Framus is allowed to air-dry for a minimum of 3-5 years (usually much longer), then it is slowly brought to an exact moisture-content with a special humid-air kiln. We only build with wood that is at the optimum 8% moisture content. A special machine is used to check EACH piece of wood individually for moisture-content...at which time it is hand-sorted for defects, and also hand-matched for use in an instrument. Every instrument is sorted by hand with a template, to be sure only the finest matching is made.

Even though Warwick & Framus have some of the most advanced machines in the world, we go through many steps of hand-crafting and hand-finishing, which takes an enormous amount of time. A lot of builders do things to simply save time and energy...we want to create the best instruments possible. Every neck is made in a laminate fashion for strength and stability, again - done by hand. The grains are sorted and put together like this: \\\||///. We have 5-axis routers instead of the industry standard 3-axis routers, which allow us to contour the instruments in a special fashion as well as little things, like drill our neck pocket bolts at the same angle as the body contours so that the ferrules are completely seated. Our Invisible Fret Technology machine is the only one in existence, and insures a perfect fret job within 1/100mm. It is capable of creating a fingerboard with any radius between 9.5" and 47", and it perfectly levels and crowns the frets. We offer 5 types of fret wire, depending on your preference. Once again, every neck is completed by hand - sanding and rounding the fingerboard edges, applying oil, and making sure each one if perfect.

We use a type of lacquer finish that is also unique in the world of instrument building. Its a water based lacquer that is environmentally friendly, and ultra-thin. We do this in a UV curing machine, that is flushed with nitrogen - so there is no chemical reaction taking place. The finish is ultra-durable as well. Common poly finished can only attain a clarity of +/- 85%...whereas our UV lacquer is 93%-95% clear, similar to a diamond. Every instrument is wet-sanded by hand for the finest detail work, and hand-buffed...swirl marks are not acceptable to leave the German custom shop. Our neck pocket is also hand-fitted...a bolt-on neck instrument (with no bolts holding it together) can be swing around and shaken, and the neck will not slip out of the pocket. It is a precise fit, for perfect transmission of vibration.

These are the main points, there are many others - and again, our goal is utmost quality and perfection. The last 4 years have seen serious improvements, and some of that is reflected in price. We will continue to strive to make instruments of the highest quality and also consistency...as well as our dedication to the environment. As I stated - We are FSC-certified, and we also have been awarded the EMAS-III designation for our strict commitment to a better future environment. We burn all of our wood waste for thermal energy which supplies our facility with heat, and we have the largest solar array in our part of Germany. I hope this lends some insights into what Warwick & Framus believes in. Thanks!
[/quote]

Edited by silddx

[quote name='Moos3h' timestamp='1339063429' post='1683000']
All of this makes me want to buy a Warwick. Much more than any of your awful, awful adverts do!

Really impressed. Good work!
[/quote]

They are absolute class, mate. Glorious.

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1339063173' post='1682995']
Garry, this makes me even more proud and pleased to be a Warwick player.
[/quote]

+1! And darn it, I'd only just convinced myself that I don't [u][i]need[/i][/u] a Streamer. But I guess we all have an obligation to help save the environment,,, :gas:
Seriously though, really impressed! Despite the price-hike I think the new Warwicks are great value considering what I've just read. I dread to think of the conditions under which half my clothes were probably made, so knowing that these basses are put together properly under these regulations makes me very proud to play my Corvette! Nice one, Warwick :)

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1339052440' post='1682811']
you'll be able to get decent secondhand for reasonable price, not as low as a year or so ago but still pretty good. What model you after?
[/quote]

Ideally a Streamer but I'm quite picky LOL

Saw a beautiful Red Covette $$ 5 but I haven't got the money and the bloody thing sold :(

BSB

[quote name='bigsmokebass' timestamp='1339039179' post='1682771']
Fair play but even the (Warwick) Rock Basses are fetching a few grand now, although their quality has improved a thousand times since as far as I can recall, it's just hard to own one of these basses now.
Just saddens me that what I *could* afford now for a Warwick, the prices have moved on and even finding a decent enough secondhand Im still looking to spend a fair bit or they're a bit tatty.

I just wanna Warwick :(
[/quote]

RockBass' are usually available for under US$1k. Is it possible you're confusing the Pro-Series and Artist-Series basses made in Korea? I'd like to know about a dealer selling a RockBass for a few grand...thanks!

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1339063173' post='1682995']
Garey, this makes me even more proud and pleased to be a Warwick player.
[/quote]
[quote name='Moos3h' timestamp='1339063429' post='1683000']
All of this makes me want to buy a Warwick. Much more than any of your awful, awful adverts do!
Really impressed. Good work!
[/quote]

[quote name='Ben Jamin' timestamp='1339064810' post='1683033']
+1! And darn it, I'd only just convinced myself that I don't [u][i]need[/i][/u] a Streamer. But I guess we all have an obligation to help save the environment,,, :gas:
Seriously though, really impressed! Despite the price-hike I think the new Warwicks are great value considering what I've just read. I dread to think of the conditions under which half my clothes were probably made, so knowing that these basses are put together properly under these regulations makes me very proud to play my Corvette! Nice one, Warwick :)
[/quote]

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1339069637' post='1683157']
So we officially have reason to agree that playing a Warwick is eminently cool B) :D :P
[/quote]

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1339089076' post='1683518']

[/quote]

Thanks VERY much for all the great replies! When I came on-board with the company, I was truly amazed at how much goes into the instruments...both in terms of craftsmanship and technology, as well as all of the environmental policies. I've said it before...a LOT of things have changed in last 4 years, and at the end of the day - Warwick & Framus is proud of the things we are doing. We are also honored by EVERY person who believes in us as a company. Its not easy to get some of this information out there without seeming like we're simply spouting marketing/ads - so I thank you again for the candid question, and hope everyone - customer or not - can learn from it, and discover the path we have taken and why. Thank you!

Edited by Warwick_Official

[quote name='Warwick_Official' timestamp='1339096828' post='1683679']

RockBass' are usually available for under US$1k. Is it possible you're confusing the Pro-Series and Artist-Series basses made in Korea? I'd like to know about a dealer selling a RockBass for a few grand...thanks!
[/quote]

You are correct Garey, second look and it's the Pro Series I was looking at, what guidelines do the Koreans follow if you don't mind me asking?
I know it won't be like a Chinese sweat shop but just wondering :) ;)

Sorry for the I correction

[quote name='bigsmokebass' timestamp='1339102840' post='1683860']
You are correct Garey, second look and it's the Pro Series I was looking at, what guidelines do the Koreans follow if you don't mind me asking?
I know it won't be like a Chinese sweat shop but just wondering :) ;)

Sorry for the I correction
[/quote]

No problem! The Pro-Series and Artist-Series basses made in Korea use the same quality tonewoods found in the German-made models - US Swamp Ash, Bubinga, Ovangkol, US Cherry, Flamed Maple, and Maple. They are built to the same specifications, under the quality control of Warwick Germany. For example, we offer the Pro-Series Corvette Standard with a Bubinga Body, Ovangkol Neck, and Wenge fingerboard for fretted, Tigerstripe Ebony for fretless. They feature the same hardware as German basses, along with MEC pickups and electronics. You can find a pricelist for the Pro-Series here: http://warwick.de/media/prices/ProSeries_UK.pdf. Have a look at the Corvette I just described, and you might be pleasantly surprised! Thanks!

Hi LukeFRC, - now Facebook wants to charge a fee so more of your 'friends' will see the posts in their news feed. Even If you 'like' the page, posts still only show on a small percentage of people's news feeds. Apparently, the more a person interacts with a page the more likely they are to see your posts in their news feed. So even if you like a page, you may not be seeing their content. Thanks for your comments!

• 3 weeks later...

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]For those of you who've asked where they can find Warwick instruments. I wanted to announce a very special service...Warwick & Framus will have instruments available through its own Online Store! All instruments will be available for purchase through the web-store, world-wide, beginning July 1st! For those of you who've had trouble finding a local dealer or distributor, you can now buy direct. We are very pleased to be able to bring direct sales to our customers. Keep an eye out, and look for the updated Online Store in the coming days! Thanks for your support![/color][/font][/size]

And I just bought (from deaver on here) a German Streamer Standard (pre-Rockbass but Rockbass spec made in Germany) so I could nick the neck off it for my home built Chris Squire Electra copy. It's a nice neck, ovangkol and wenge. I stripped it, levelled and dressed the frets and Briwaxed it. It's come up lovely! Got new tuners and various bits from the Warwick shop. Can't wait to get it all up and running again, it been a year since I parted it out after the Chinese RockBass neck let me down and moved around a lot with temp and humidity changes. Just need an East preamp for it now.

Have you ever wondered about the process behind building Warwick basses and Framus guitars? Here's a link to our Factory Tour information page, with a quick video about the tour! Enjoy, and hopefully we'll see YOU on a factory tour sometime soon! http://www.warwick.de/modules/infos/info.php?katID=24107&cl=EN Thanks!

[quote name='BassPimp66' timestamp='1341005610' post='1712874']
Noooooooooooooooo !!!! :dash1: I thought they came from Warwick in Warwickshire , and were Made in UK
[/quote]

Doesn't matter to me. I strictly buy all my Warwicks from Leamington (Royal Leamington Spa for you), so I'm not affected by this.