Why become a member? ×

BC London Meetup - Saturday 26th May

Silvia Bluejay

As promised, I'm copying the info in a new thread for clarity.

[b]BC London Meetup[/b]
[b]Saturday 26 May, from 12 pm[/b]
[b]Queen Elizabeth Hall Roof Garden, grassy area to the left of the entrance.[/b]

I hope to see as many of you as possible!

If the meetup is successful, I would be happy to organise something similar regularly in the future, for instance once a month, so that those who have to miss this one will be able to attend the next.

Edited by bluejay

Many thanks for organising this, Bluejay.
As usual I'll be combining this with a trip down to Surrey to visit my ancient old Dad.

It will make a refreshing change. When I get fed up with all the demented rambling, repetitions of old stories and spilling of dinner onto trousers.... I'll go and visit Dad!!! :lol: :lol:

Just joking, BCers... looking forward to seeing you all on 26th. ;)

:lol:

Yes, let's hope that the weather is fine and that this may be the start of a well-attended series of meetups.
It's good to know each other in person, and not just because we might sell or buy something from each other in the future. We are a great community with the love of music at its heart.

Well I know what I would rather be doing... Hope you have a great time and seriously, don't get arrested too much. We can't handle the press fallout right now. In fact I'm washing my hands of the whole thing.

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1334302431' post='1613952']
Good work, hope to be there.

Will there be slapping?
[/quote]

No. as Ped said, we must not get ourselves arrested, which means Seashell and I - and any other girl attending - will NOT be wearing leather miniskirts, skimpy tops, stilettos or fishnets. And the long-haired, leather-clad guys among you will have to make sure you're not carrying any drugs :D :P

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1334311470' post='1614169']
No. as Ped said, we must not get ourselves arrested, which means Seashell and I - and any other girl attending - will NOT be wearing leather miniskirts, skimpy tops, stilettos or fishnets. And the long-haired, leather-clad guys among you will have to make sure you're not carrying any drugs :D :P
[/quote]

OK, so I'll wear my leather miniskirt, skimpy top, stilettos and fishnets, and rely on the girls to bring the drugs.

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1334228700' post='1612797']
[b]BC London Meetup[/b]
[b]Saturday 26 May, from 12 pm
IF the weather is dodgy, we'll meet up at More London Riverside
IF the weather is fine for a picnic, we'll go to Regent's Park (we'll decide the exact location in due course).[/b]
[/quote]

Great. I shall be there

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1334228700' post='1612797']
If the meetup is successful, I would be happy to organise something similar regularly in the future, for instance once a month, so that those who have to miss this one will be able to attend the next.
[/quote]

I'm not sure if that is a little optimistic that we'd all turn out so often, but I think there is definate space for an annual London Summer do. Then we could have a Christmas Punch-Up, and not forgetting meeting at various gigs and shows, I think we'd be pretty well covered socially. Did you start a new thread? Here's the title... Ladies and Gents, The 1st Annual London Basschat Picnic.

Edited by billyapple

I only suggested to make the meetup regular because there's always a sizeable number of people who can't make whatever date we choose, so presumably we'd see new faces every time. But you're right, it's probably overoptimistic. We'll see what we feel like doing once the first meetup has taken place.

Unfortunately I can't make it this time as it the day before I'm due to run a charity treasure hunt, so I shall be in 'headless chicken' mode sorting the last bits of preparation out, hopefully there will be another meet up in the future on a date I can make - Have Big Fun!

R.

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1334575217' post='1617768']
There will be! Not just from my humble Canon compact but also from Dave, whose photo equipment and editing skills will eclipse anything I can do. I'm looking forward to this meetup!
[/quote]

You're making me blush now :-)

Some bad news on my part. Ive been notified we have a 3pm sound check that day. Apparently the gig is now a "Variety night" and instead of just us its going to be about 4 acts on that night, so being the main act we have to be in early.
ill still be around, just not for too long as ill need to leave my place at 2pm.