Why become a member? ×

geddy lee/bravewood body, neck etc

CHRISDABASS

hi

after creating a really awesome bass from all my favourite parts of my geddy lee (the neck and bridge) and my bravewood jazz (body, pickups, scratchplate etc)

i now have a bass created from all the parts left over

its a geddy lee body, pickups and scratchplate

a bravewood neck, tuners/machineheads, and bridge

i also replaced the stack knob arrangement on the bravewood body with an audere pre (cheers Nick)

so that stack knob complete plate with pots etc etc could be available too

the bass i created from this little experiment is purely my prefference, it doesn't mean that the parts left over are somehow inferior! they're just not as "me" :)

so this feeler is to try and work out if any of these parts would sell??

anyone interested yet? lol

also advice on price would be nice...... :huh:

fully loaded geddy lee body £££???

bravewood maple/rosewood neck £££???

bravewood jazz control plate with stack pot arrangement £££???

any help or advice would be great!! ;)

and if all else fails i'll just keep complete it

cheers

Edited by CHRISDABASS

Don't do it. Keep both basses so that you can put them back to original should you decide too. I think you will destroy the value of the Bravewood in particular if you part it out.

Just my opinion. You are happy with the super bass you have now so you may disagree.

What do others think?

Steve

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='176656' date='Apr 14 2008, 09:10 PM']hey

any more thoughts on what i should do??

i really cant see me putting the basses back to original spec any time soon as i love what ive created! :)

just kinda seems like a waste having all the other parts not being used properly!

help!! lol[/quote]

Sell 'em. I have a load of old 70's Fender parts, who cares iof they left the factory in their current combinations, they make great basses in any combination. I'm a player not a collector so I don't look for investement, just quality instruments. Get the feeling you're a similat guy Chris?
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='176662' date='Apr 14 2008, 09:16 PM']Sell 'em. I have a load of old 70's Fender parts, who cares iof they left the factory in their current combinations, they make great basses in any combination. I'm a player not a collector so I don't look for investement, just quality instruments. Get the feeling you're a similat guy Chris?
Chris[/quote]

yeah totally!!

if i was an investor i'd be a pretty bad one with all the money ive probably lost over the years selling/trading basses!

and your right its not about how they left the factory!

if i get em sold i might be coming after you p bass!!!! :)

mwahahaha!!!! lol

MB1. :)
Hello again Chris!
Id keep hold of them parts!... a complete Geddy lee signature is always gonna be worth more than a FRANKENSTEIN one me thinks!
if you do get bored of it ,you can rebuild it!......sounds like the Bionic Woman This! :huh:

Oooooo, stack knob control plate?? :-D

If u part out, i got shotgun! The pots aren't for me though as I'm after 500k and i assume the Bravewood stuff is all 250k

Si

Edited by Sibob