Why become a member? ×

so i've got my first gig on DB this friday

artisan

can't wait,although i'm just a little worried incase i balls it up but i'll just keep it simple & steady so all should be ok, + it's also the first outing for my new GK MB210 amp' too ,exciting or what. :)
mind i've done a couple of gigs with my Stagg & my Strunal is a lot nicer to play so i'm sure i'll manage just fine (gulp)
the only slight worry is that our drummer has had a major op' on his neck so he's out of commision,our usual stand in is away on his jollies & the only other drummer i know is the loudist most over the top earth quake kind off drummer which is not what we need for old school 50's tunes.
oh well who needs a bloody drummer anyway,i guess i'd better improve my slapping skills before the gig :huh:

Edited by artisan

:D thanks everyone.
i'll be taking it very steady & not attempt anything flash at all.
looks like it's a drummerless gig too (trying to calm him down would be impossible :dash1: ),but most of the songs we play didn't originally have drums on anyway.

Bluejay - i'll report back on how my baby performs on the night,it sounds awesome through the GK i just hope i can do it justice.

[quote name='Mr Bassman' timestamp='1331745915' post='1578229']
You'll be fine

that bass almost plays itself!
[/quote]

mind it was set up by a master :)

cheers for all the comments guys,i'm really looking forward to it,i've not been this excited about a gig for a while

Edited by artisan

[quote name='artisan' timestamp='1331813874' post='1579244']
the Harlow (formally known as The Sheppard's Dog) pub in Harrogate,it's only a fairly small gig but they are usually the most fun.
[/quote]

It's within walking distance for me

15 mins there, 30 mins back :)

:D lol i forgot you took those jam session pics,i look like a right miserable sod,must remember to smile.
aha how did the video turn out ?

edit: must remember to hold the beer belly in a little too,although of course i'm only fat in photographs :blush: Edited by artisan

a big thanks for all the replies guys.
we had a 3 hour rehersal last night which went really well although i was totally knackered at the end,it sure is a very physical instrument but so so rewarding,i just love it :gas:

Edited by artisan

Good luck for tonight!

[quote name='artisan' timestamp='1331885045' post='1580258']
edit: must remember to hold the beer belly in a little too,although of course i'm only fat in photographs :blush:
[/quote]

I just rest mine on the upper bout of my bass - works a treat.