Why become a member? ×

Just won an Ashdown!

untune

[quote name='soopercrip' timestamp='1330625261' post='1560700']
Saw That on FB.
Was going to enter myself but I look a tw@t holding a bass...
err,I look a tw@t without one I've just been informed over my shoulder...

Well done matey

Andy
[/quote]

You should have got your electric blanket to do it instead then :-P

Hi folks

Many thanks for the comments, sorry I didn't get back to this sooner - it just so happened they announced it the same day I've come down to stay with my mate in Cornwall for the weekend, so been on the road all day!

As requested by John! The pic is attached - had to steal it off FB as I've only got my laptop with me and the original pic is on my comp back oop North :P The idea was to make it look as though I was living the dream... actually took the pic in my dads shed and used a little guitar practice amp (that I ripped the cloth off and made a grille for, complete with added actylic paint rust and holes) for comedic effect.. the costume was made from bits I bought on the cheap and modified last year from charity shop finds etc.. my brother-in-law's 30th was 80's themed and I decided to go as a Vince Neil/Steel Panther inspired glam rocker and thought it might be a good idea to recycle the costume for the photo :D I also managed to break my rather expensive camera when I accidentlaly knocked it over with the cable remote plugged in.... landed right on the jack and forced it in, won't focus on a half press anymore...

But yeah, I've never won anything and it was a massive shock, especially since I've always wanted an Ashdown and this will be my first 'proper' amp - I've been stuck with a crappy little Fender practice amp for the last 2 years because I couldn't afford anything better!

Really hoping that my good fortune drags out a bit longer because I've got a really promising second interview for a job next Friday :D

[quote name='untune' timestamp='1330652589' post='1561160']
Really hoping that my good fortune drags out a bit longer because I've got a really promising second interview for a job next Friday :D
[/quote]
Hope you don't go dressed like that...

[quote name='untune' timestamp='1330652589' post='1561160']
Hi folks

Many thanks for the comments, sorry I didn't get back to this sooner - it just so happened they announced it the same day I've come down to stay with my mate in Cornwall for the weekend, so been on the road all day!

As requested by John! The pic is attached - had to steal it off FB as I've only got my laptop with me and the original pic is on my comp back oop North :P The idea was to make it look as though I was living the dream... actually took the pic in my dads shed and used a little guitar practice amp (that I ripped the cloth off and made a grille for, complete with added actylic paint rust and holes) for comedic effect.. the costume was made from bits I bought on the cheap and modified last year from charity shop finds etc.. my brother-in-law's 30th was 80's themed and I decided to go as a Vince Neil/Steel Panther inspired glam rocker and thought it might be a good idea to recycle the costume for the photo :D I also managed to break my rather expensive camera when I accidentlaly knocked it over with the cable remote plugged in.... landed right on the jack and forced it in, won't focus on a half press anymore...

But yeah, I've never won anything and it was a massive shock, especially since I've always wanted an Ashdown and this will be my first 'proper' amp - I've been stuck with a crappy little Fender practice amp for the last 2 years because I couldn't afford anything better!

[/quote]

That's a great little story, congratulations. I have to admit I was going to enter but was far too lazy, however if I had won I would have just put it up for sale so you deserve MUCH more than I would have.

Hey again everyone

Thanks again for all the comments and congrats, much appreciated. I didn't think of going to that interview in glam gear, don't think it'll say much for my professionalism :P I was a bit worried because my camera is vital to the interview so I'm lucky it's not in a worse state, everything else still works thankfully!

@Merton, Joe's picture was great - I had a flick through all the entries on Wednesday night and thought that one was the major competition, the Panda suit is brilliant!

Looking forward to having a play with the amp though, me and a mate have got some blues tracks in the works and I'm looking forward to doing some recordings... also got a box of vintage valves (A Brimar, few Mullards etc) in a box somewhere, they'll be fun to try out!