Why become a member? ×

Rehearsal's cancelled because...

solo4652

[quote name='shizznit' timestamp='1329124378' post='1537287']

This one happened before I finally passed my driving test 8 years ago and I used to use the train to get from Cardiff to a rehearsal studio in Newport...

"I have to get to Swindon. I left my bass on the train!" (I was very keen to get it back asap. That particular bass was an Overwater Progress III!)
[/quote]

Did you get it back? :o

[quote name='Linus27' timestamp='1328896123' post='1534605']
Can we cancel rehearsal next week as its Valentines Day.
[/quote]

As previously mentioned; the singer in a band I was in actually had the nerve to blow out a gig that had been booked for 6 months for exactly that reason.

In my experience singers and drummers are by far the worst offenders for lame excuses - anyone else noticed anything similar?

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1329123541' post='1537270']
I have been late for Sunday lunchtime gigs twice in my life because the clocks went forward and I didn't know.
[/quote]

I had a young lad arrive for a course at 6 am and waited in the cold for two hours until we arrived. He put his clock forward instead of back.

[quote name='Krysbass' timestamp='1329136855' post='1537553']
In my experience singers and drummers are by far the worst offenders for lame excuses - anyone else noticed anything similar?
[/quote]

We have two BVs who are always swinging the lead. They say they are not as important as the rest of the band, so it doesn't matter so much if they don't turn up.
However, they still want an equal share of the loot when it comes to pay-out time. <_<
The fact that they're women has no bearing whatsoever on this, of course. Just to make that perfectly clear.

The drummer always turns up, which is great - but he's [i]always[/i] late. In my view he should arrive [i]before[/i] everyone else, as he has to spend thirty minutes setting up his kit, thus wasting the time of those who were punctual!
What [i]is[/i] the matter with these people?

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1329143762' post='1537701']
However, they still want an equal share of the loot when it comes to pay-out time. <_<
The drummer always turns up, which is great - but he's [i]always[/i] late.
[/quote]

Thought about timesheets?

[quote name='shizznit' timestamp='1329124378' post='1537287']

This one happened before I finally passed my driving test 8 years ago and I used to use the train to get from Cardiff to a rehearsal studio in Newport...

"I have to get to Swindon. I left my bass on the train!" (I was very keen to get it back asap. That particular bass was an Overwater Progress III!)
[/quote]

[quote name='shaundixon666' timestamp='1329135173' post='1537517']
Did you get it back? :o
[/quote]

Thankfully, yes! Had to ask the customer services staff at Newport station to see if someone could jump onto the carriage I was travelling on to find it. No-one bothered to do so at Bristol Temple Meads or Bristol Parkway, so it wasn't until the train stopped at Swindon when they managed to get on and keep it for me until I could get there to collect it. One of the most stressful moments in my life! :unsure:

[quote name='shizznit' timestamp='1329147260' post='1537806']
Thankfully, yes! Had to ask the customer services staff at Newport station to see if someone could jump onto the carriage I was travelling on to find it. No-one bothered to do so at Bristol Temple Meads or Bristol Parkway, so it wasn't until the train stopped at Swindon when they managed to get on and keep it for me until I could get there to collect it. One of the most stressful moments in my life! :unsure:
[/quote]

Yeah, sounds it. I accidentaly left a bag on a train once. Luckily it was at the station where that train terminated.

Back in Novenmber, yes 2011, our guitarist had to do a month in the States, day after he returned in late Dec the drummer went to Argentina with his wife for 6 weeks ! when he returned in late Jan the same guitarist had to do another fortnight in the States, closely followed by the singer taking a week off. We have our first rehearsal in months tomorrow night, so far .....

In the meantime i got fed up, tried to learn jazz and join a trio !

[quote name='chaypup' timestamp='1329149006' post='1537856']

Was that recently? And was it the one off of Whitchurch Road?
[/quote]

No, this was a studio in Pontypool about 10yrs back. I heard something about a studio somewhere on Whitchurch Rd a few months ago. I dunno which one.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1329143762' post='1537701']
The drummer always turns up, which is great - but he's [i]always[/i] late. In my view he should arrive [i]before[/i] everyone else, as he has to spend thirty minutes setting up his kit, thus wasting the time of those who were punctual!
[/quote]

A drummer I knew would leave it until the time the gig/rehearsal was about to start, before saying "I guess we'd better load the wagon. let's have one more spliff first". This was tolerated as he was a most excellent drummer, but we got around it by telling him the start time was 90 min or 2 hours before. So if we wanted to start at 2030 we'd tell him 1830 ...

[quote name='musophilr' timestamp='1329217069' post='1538826']
A drummer I knew would leave it until the time the gig/rehearsal was about to start, before saying "I guess we'd better load the wagon. let's have one more spliff first". This was tolerated as he was a most excellent drummer, but we got around it by telling him the start time was 90 min or 2 hours before. So if we wanted to start at 2030 we'd tell him 1830 ...
[/quote]

Ah, so you've met my Ex then! :lol:

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1329214874' post='1538766']
Did she manage to make her own way home?

...On Valentine's Day, too! I'll get me coat [i]and[/i] hat.
[/quote]

Oh no, I'm not a bag type of person. I would rather stay single for the rest of my life than go down that route again :)

[quote name='musophilr' timestamp='1329217069' post='1538826']
[/quote]
[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1329223384' post='1538974']
Ah, so you've met my Ex then! :lol:
[/quote]

I keep getting your avatars mixed up! I thought for a second one of you were talking to yourself lol.

Edited by EdwardHimself