Why become a member? ×

GUESS THE BASS!!!!!!

RichZbaraski

Yay, another guess the bass thread!

Right, my band, The Deli's Mix recorded a new song recently called the Shaman's dance and I want you to tell me which bass this is! There were many bass' around me that I could of used and here are some of them. It's a toughy I think, here are your options:

1. Fender Jazz bass MIM modified
2. Squier classic vibe Jazz bass
3. Fender Jazz bass MIA standard
4. Fender Precision bass 1973
5. Fernandes gravity deluxe 4

FIRE AWAY!! I'LL BE BACK ON SUNDAY! YOUR PRIZE?! my love

oh yea, the song

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imCXaBWoYTE&context=C3fa76b6ADOEgsToPDskLscI3yF4UyJx_PaPHLXnRb"]The Deli's Mix - Shaman's dance (original demo mix) - YouTube[/url]

No idea! To me there is little difference between a P-bass and a J-bass on the neck pickup.... No idea what a Fernandes would sound like. The bass is also a bit low in the mix to make out clearly.

Good track though! If I were to guess I would say it was one of the Js.... er, the Squier CV??? :blink: :yarr:

I can't tell the difference between basses with cellulose or any other type of paint so how am I supposed to tell different makes?

Seriously, I honestly can't tell a jazz on the neck from a Precision, but I would say this is different enough from what I would expect from a Precision that I would say it isn't no. 3.

In the quiet bit it has an un-fenderish characteristic so if I had to say one its no. 5.

Yes, impressive sounding track too. Was this really a competition (and an excellent one at that, I'd like to see more of these) or are you showing off a track with which you are justifiably proud?