Why become a member? ×

ACG Harlot singlecut for sale

Chris2112

Afternoon all,

I've decided to put my ACG Harlot Singlecut up for sale on the boards. At present, I am simply playing my Warwick Streamer more and I only really have need for one bass now, as I have long since stopped gigging live. As such, this beautiful instrument has led a pampered life and is presented in 'as new' condition, save for minute corrosion on the series/parallel switches.

I have owned this bass for a long time, if I recall correctly I bought it from Greeneking, who was the original owner of the bass, in October 2010. It has been my longest owned bass for quite some time, and I have vowed many times never to sell it. I must face facts though, that I am simply not playing as much as I used to and my real passion is cars. I am planning on selling my MR2 Turbo and buying a Subaru Impreza, so I thought I'd sell this to offset the insurance hike an Impreza would bring.

It is the first Harlot Singlecut shape made by Alan at ACG.

You can see more pictures and read about the spec here:

[url="http://www.acguitars.co.uk/Gallery/171/"]http://www.acguitars...uk/Gallery/171/[/url]

To order a similar model now would be at least twice as much as what I am selling it for. The high gloss finish and capped back with a set neck are not standard options. I am not 100% sure about selling this as I can afford the Impreza anyway, but it seems like a shame to have two great basses and not have enough time to really play either like it deserves.

The bass has just been strung with some new EBMM Slinkys and comes with a Hiscox hardcase. I can post it in the UK at the buyer's expense. There may be a discount for collection.

****Now for trade for a Warwick****

Edited by Chris2112

When I first started looking at Single-cuts, I think you posted a pic of this girl on my thread, it was the first time I'd clapped my eyes on an ACG, and I was hooked. So much so that a couple of weeks ago I put a deposit down with Alan to build my very own ACG. You are right in your assessment of how much this baby would be new, and I think this is an awful lot of bass for the money.

My advice would be not to let her go. There are many Impreza's around, but this is a true individual. But, good luck with the sale, I can't see her hanging around long.

Edited by billyapple

I'm trying to be pragmatic John, and asking myself 'can I keep this'?

I should add that I am not struggling for cash, rather I'm trying to save for a house and indulge my passion for performance cars at the same time. I play for a few hours a week and on one hand, it seems a shame to have two beautiful instruments sitting around, especially when I have cash tied up in them. On the other hand, my ACG has a lot of sentimental value (something I never attach to cars!). It is as finely crafted an instrument as you will find and it sounds absolutely superb.

As I say, I am not 100% sure I'll sell it yet, but better to guage interest in it. If someone really wants it, I am sure they would find as much enjoyment as I have in it and I'd feel less guilty about having £1000 of bass guitar playing second fiddle to my new toy, the Streamer!

Blimey Chris, that's the most unexpected For Sale thread I've seen in a long time (probably since my Rim one... :( ). Best of luck with the sale. although personally Id sooner have the bass than an Impreza! Easy choice for me though as I don't drive....

Good grief. I just sat down and looked at the ACG for about 5 minutes before having a little play. I had forgotten how amazing the craftsmanship is and how great it sounds. This is no longer for sale, I have to take this down before I make a huge mistake! I'd never find another like it. How silly I have been.

My apologies to everyone who was interested.

[quote name='lettsguitars' timestamp='1328555697' post='1529063']
Personally I'd take that over a warwick anyday. A one off whereas ww's are ten a penny, so to speak.
[/quote]

Well, I should add that my Warwick is a limited edition model from 1990, from the private collection of Warwickhunt no less...I'd consider it a rare find and one of the best Warwicks you could find! But my ACG has been with me a while, and it's awesome. Those filters are just the thing for when you want to fiddle and create sounds!

• 1 month later...

Yes, it is quite the cracker. Still in two minds as to whether or not to trade it, but I feel I would get a bit more use from the Thumb as I tend to reach for my Streamer mostly now, unless I'm in the studio where I'd probably go 50/50.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1334799450' post='1621582']
Bump,

Ideally after a Warwick Thumb but will consider trades for a 6 string too, since I have an offer of a gig that needs a 6 string.

Chris
[/quote]bass or guitar??