Why become a member? ×

ACG Harlot singlecut for sale

Chris2112

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1336236895' post='1642978']
I have a wee wait at newcastle station, if only I had the $ in my pocket I would come see ya and get a later train.

Still think you are a wee bit mad to sell this. :)
[/quote]

Mad, possibly. But my GAS for a Yamaha TRB is intense and a 6 string would fill out my collection quite nicely.

Martin, if I get rid of this Ashdown combo I won't have any amp anymore! It is is also the tits, when I had my Status Series II it was classic Mark King sound all day long.

Afternoon bump. TRBs, perchance?

EDIT to add, I'd be happy with £950 for it which is what I paid for it two years ago. Collection from Newcastle Upon Tyne or I can post it in it's hardcase for a small cost. A Yamaha TRB approaches on the horizon and I need a new kitchen too.

Chris

Edited by Chris2112

[quote name='MB1' timestamp='1336591823' post='1648170']
'Chris2112'

Martin, if I get rid of this Ashdown combo I won't have any amp anymore!

MB1. B)
DOH! ;)
BUMP!
[/quote]
Maybe if you buy all his basses he won't need the amp anymore?

I quite like this amp just for the decoration it provides. It has the Level 42 'Princess' logo on it!

Re: the ACG, I may take an offer slightly below asking as there is a potential 6'er on the cars atm. If it doesn't sell, I have a gentleman on the continent refurbishing a Warwick Thumb which we have arranged a trade for and it will likely go there. So it won't be here forever.

But if I get the Thumb, what will happen to my Streamer? :lol:

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1336666365' post='1649216']
I quite like this amp just for the decoration it provides. It has the Level 42 'Princess' logo on it!

Re: the ACG, I may take an offer slightly below asking as there is a potential 6'er on the cars atm. If it doesn't sell, I have a gentleman on the continent refurbishing a Warwick Thumb which we have arranged a trade for and it will likely go there. So it won't be here forever.

But if I get the Thumb, what will happen to my Streamer? :lol:
[/quote]

you'll sell it and buy an ACG

Well, nothing is forever as far as bass guitars go, even the very best standards. I have previously been very close to ordering a fretless Harlot singlecut to match this fretted one but things always got in the way demanding the money I had saved (cars, mostly).

Well John, I'm not sure of the weight but I believe it to be somewhere around 8 pounds. When I pick up my Streamer afterwards, the streamer feels noticeably heavier and the neck a little more divey. Mind you, I still find the Streamer very manageable. The weight of the ACG is surprising, especially for a singlecut.

Ideally I'm after a Yamaha TRB or a Thumb. A straight sale would be useful but in terms of the all the money changing hands over my house at the moment £1000 is not a great deal. It's not going to be the difference between me moving in one week and the next, say, so I'd rather keep that money tied up in a nice bass. Something I can hang on the wall when I've moved!

I would be open to any trade offers though, I'd give consideration to any item. Give me a PM about the Warwick and Spectors, John!

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1337063103' post='1654642']
I would be open to any trade offers though, I'd give consideration to any item.
[/quote]
one acoustic guitar, two mathesons smoked sausages (you can choose the type), two old books, one limited edition Kiss LP, two dozen free range scottish eggs from happy chickens and an almost full spool of waxed thread.
:D

• 2 weeks later...

I took a few pictures of the ACG today, apologies as I had to take them in my little brother's room, which is a tip, as my basses are still at my mam and dad's house (suffice to say once I'm finished redecorating my new house my amp will be in the front room and my basses hanging on the wall).

[IMG]http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv52/Baryonyx2112/ACG%20Bass%20and%20Mercedes%20S%20Class/ACGbass017.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv52/Baryonyx2112/ACG%20Bass%20and%20Mercedes%20S%20Class/ACGbass016.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv52/Baryonyx2112/ACG%20Bass%20and%20Mercedes%20S%20Class/ACGbass015.jpg[/IMG]

This is just to demonstrate for another user who had enquired about the balance of the bass and how it sits. In a sense, you can see it's not really unlike a jazz bass here in that the bridge is slightly offset from your body which means it's not a stretch to the first position and it will feel fairly familiar to most bassists pretty quickly. As you can see, the neck also hangs at a handy angle and doesn't dive.

I'm currently in two minds as to whether or not I want to get rid of this. A 6 string would suit me for a gig I've had an offer on, but I have been thinking of getting back to fretless playing as well. Having two fretted 4 string basses seems frivolous at the moment when I can't afford to indulge my main passion (cars) because of buying a house. To that end, I certainly can't go spending more money on another bass. But I shall keep the advert up and see what comes along. Anyone with a 6 string or a fretless who fancies a trade, give me a shout. :)