Why become a member? ×

Christmas gifts

Bass_man219

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1325191941' post='1480849']
Jocelyn Brown at the Jazz Cafe
[/quote]

Blimey, Jocelyn Brown. Years ago I owned a half-share in a studio...it came with loads of 1" masters. One of the masters was full of vocal takes Jocelyn Brown recorded for some road safety thing. It was hours of her singing, 'OK kids, watch out!' or 'Oooh, look left!' or 'Oooh, look right', 'Walk, don't run!' and so on. The raw vocal ability knocked me out. We gave them to this guy who had a studio elsewhere and amazingly he sampled everything and did a dance track with the samples. There were a few 12" pressed. I'm sure I have it in the attic.
P

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1325195851' post='1480925']

Blimey, Jocelyn Brown. Years ago I owned a half-share in a studio...it came with loads of 1" masters. One of the masters was full of vocal takes Jocelyn Brown recorded for some road safety thing. It was hours of her singing, 'OK kids, watch out!' or 'Oooh, look left!' or 'Oooh, look right', 'Walk, don't run!' and so on. The raw vocal ability knocked me out. We gave them to this guy who had a studio elsewhere and amazingly he sampled everything and did a dance track with the samples. There were a few 12" pressed. I'm sure I have it in the attic.
P
[/quote]

She's been well sampled over the years :)

Drum machine (Alesis SR16) and a couple of books/Dvd's for me. Victor Wooten Groove Workshop + the Music Lesson Plus The Slap Bass Program by Alex Sklarevski.

Just need to generate about 4 extra hours a day and I'd be very happy, probably have to settle for an hour a day in between family stuff and other hobbies to avoid divorce!

[quote name='GregHughes' timestamp='1325329527' post='1482122']
Drum machine (Alesis SR16) and a couple of books/Dvd's for me. Victor Wooten Groove Workshop + the Music Lesson Plus The Slap Bass Program by Alex Sklarevski.

[/quote]
Nice sounds but not the easiest to program. Be warned there is no way that I have ever found to associate a drum kit setup with a particular patch.