Why become a member? ×

Doddy The Jammy Bugger

Pete Academy

Cheers guys.

Funnily enough,it's not a huge reading gig for me,because I'm going on as part of a 'guest band'.
There are full charts for some of the stuff,like the big band style set,but for the most part it's just
knowing literally hundreds of tunes.

Anyway,it'll be ace to spend most of the winter somewhere nice. :)

[quote name='Doddy' timestamp='1320709939' post='1430515']
Cheers guys.

Funnily enough,it's not a huge reading gig for me,because I'm going on as part of a 'guest band'.
There are full charts for some of the stuff,like the big band style set,but for the most part it's just

[/quote]

Good luck to you mate, hope you have a lot of fun.

[quote name='Doddy' timestamp='1320709939' post='1430515']
Cheers guys.

[/quote]

Wishing you smooth sailing, in every sense :)

[quote name='Pete Academy' timestamp='1320692476' post='1430146']
Doddy leaves tomorrow for LA, where he will be playing on the cruise ship Golden Princess, travelling to Hawaii, for four months.
[/quote]

I'm obviously not right in the head. I turned a cruise job down once as for me it would have been kind of like having a permanent job in Hell. LA, great, Hawaii, great, but the job itself (assuming he's playing cabaret/covers - no difference to me - and not actually playing with Return to Forever or something)? No thanks. Good luck to him though!

[quote name='4000' timestamp='1320756964' post='1430866']
I'm obviously not right in the head. I turned a cruise job down once as for me it would have been kind of like having a permanent job in Hell. LA, great, Hawaii, great, but the job itself (assuming he's playing cabaret/covers - no difference to me - and not actually playing with Return to Forever or something)? No thanks. Good luck to him though!
[/quote]

So your post would read...............
"4000 The Jammy Dodger"

Garry

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1320776102' post='1431307']
Sure Im not a big caberet fan but if its instead of my day job rather than aswell as then Id play anything!
[/quote]

If you had endured some of the turns i have had to, you would not say that.
In fact at one point i was going to run away and join a Factory.

Garry

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1320694620' post='1430214']

The wife of some friends of mine has plugged into the cruise ship lecture circuit. Her last trip was a two week cruise somewhere in south America. She was flown out & back business class, put up in a 5* hotel before boarding the ship, put up in an outside cabin and had to give two, yes just two, 45 minute illustrated talks. The rest of the time was hers!

[/quote]

This is the work I do on Cruise ships as an entertainment 'theatre act' it's nice work

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1320779114' post='1431354']
12 hour shift in a dirty factory churning out the same crap day in day out and you would want to swap back Im sure.
[/quote]

Ah, i see you don't know the old joke.....
'The Factory worker running off to join the show business Circus'? old one. but good one.

Garry