Why become a member? ×

New EBS micro head on the way...

wateroftyne

Shamlessly C&P'd from AlexanderB over on TB:

[quote]
The swedish bass gear company EBS launching a new product - the Reidmar micro head.
125W RMS @ 8 Ohms
250W RMS @ 4 Ohms
3,2 kg

Seems it will cost about €520 in Sweden.

Not yet in their homepage, but is included in the 2011/12 catalogue I got yesterday.

I have no affiliation with EBS.

/Alexander [url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/report.php?p=11552351"][/url]

[/quote]

I wonder if EBS were ever tempted to take the TC route and declare it as 800w, or something...

(I'm joking, Kind-of).

Interesting. What I also found interesting is that the Streamliner has the same power module as the Aguilar Tonehammer 500W amp....!

Apparently, and Ive no idea when this is coming into fruition, but TC have some very interesting news on the TC amps specs. No changes to the amps, but information on specs that will put that all to rest.

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1317377260' post='1390004']
Interesting. What I also found interesting is that the Streamliner has the same power module as the Aguilar Tonehammer 500W amp....!

Apparently, and Ive no idea when this is coming into fruition, but TC have some very interesting news on the TC amps specs. No changes to the amps, but information on specs that will put that all to rest.
[/quote]

Drums rolling!

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1317377260' post='1390004']
[/quote]
They haven't published the information yet because they are still making it up! :)

[quote name='stevie' timestamp='1317380191' post='1390058']
They haven't published the information yet because they are still making it up!
[/quote]

:)

The news is that the RH450 is actually a 450 megawatt head, comparable in volume terms to the hum that comes from an electricity pylon of course...

[quote name='thodrik' timestamp='1317478454' post='1391134']
EBS really should have had this head out a few years ago about the time they were releasing the compact 1x10 and 1x12 cabs. This should be a good amp though.
[/quote]

This head has been in development for years but I think they may have missed the boat and the figures don't look too favourable against the competition. If you do a search for the Classic 160, you'll see the first incarnation that was first released (but never got to retail) at Frankfurt a few years back now...

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1317559831' post='1391749']

This head has been in development for years but I think they may have missed the boat and the figures don't look too favourable against the competition. If you do a search for the Classic 160, you'll see the first incarnation that was first released (but never got to retail) at Frankfurt a few years back now...
[/quote]

I think I remember something about that now that I think about it. I am an EBS fan as well but I think that they have missed the boat when it comes to micro amps. Instead they have brought out the Fafner II that just seems like overkill for 90% of most gigging needs. I'll probably be sticking with the Fafner mk I until EBS does 200 watt all tube head or something. Not sure I'll ever be a micro amp person, but I understand the benefits.

[quote name='BigJim' timestamp='1317908055' post='1396052']
Only 250 watts though!
[/quote]

In all the years I had my HD-350, there was never a moment when I thought "it's only 350w and I wish I had more volume".

Maybe the Reidmar isn't designed to take out windows and has enough volume for most small to medium gigs that the majority of us do. Perhaps the plan is to see how it goes with the output and then maybe produce a souped up version if there's demand (like Orange did with the OTB 1000).

To me, first impressions already are that it's got that trade-mark articulate EBS tone but in a much smaller package. Sounds great. Lots of top end, lovely tight punchy mids and enough bottom end for me.

TBH, I'd be very interested trying one out as it could potentially give me back the unique EBS tone I used to love from my previous rig before I had to downsize to the TC Classic and RS cabs I've got now.

T

Edited by tonyf

[quote name='tonyf' timestamp='1317909156' post='1396073']

In all the years I had my HD-350, there was never a moment when I thought "it's only 350w and I wish I had more volume".

Maybe the Reidmar isn't designed to take out windows and has enough volume for most small to medium gigs that the majority of us do. Perhaps the plan is to see how it goes with the output and then maybe produce a souped up version if there's demand (like Orange did with the OTB 1000).

To me, first impressions already are that it's got that trade-mark articulate EBS tone but in a much smaller package. Sounds great. Lots of top end, lovely tight punchy mids and enough bottom end for me.

TBH, I'd be very interested trying one out as it could potentially give me back the unique EBS tone I used to love from my previous rig before I had to downsize to the TC Classic and RS cabs I've got now.

T
[/quote]

Calm down luv! I use the EBS HD 350 for almost 8 years now and It's loud as. I was only insinuating (very badly) that some people may be put off by this. As soon as it lands, don't worry, I'll be in the queue! I've just converted the Swedish price, and even if it's added £60 for shipping, i'll be there at the front!!

[quote name='BigJim' timestamp='1317909902' post='1396084']Calm down luv! [/quote]

Oh lordy Jim, not to worry mate. Really didn't realise I sounded a bit hysterical like. Reading it back though, it's obvious that I've forgotten the smileys ;-)

I've dropped an email to Mark at Bass Direct to see if he's any idea when they'll land on these here shores. I'll email the EBS bods too.

T

I will be really interested in trying one of these but I have to say that I am slightly dissapointed with the looks and power (unless this does produce some serious db from the wattage). It doesnt look that small either, bigger than a Markbass LM or a TC judging by the pictures.
I am sure it will be superb and I am a massive EBS fanboy but just feel a little underwhelmed, 500w at 4ohm, a bit smaller and a bit of chrome like on the fafner and i would be queing for one.

[quote name='NJE' timestamp='1317912713' post='1396157']
I will be really interested in trying one of these but I have to say that I am slightly dissapointed with the looks
[/quote]
Ahh.. I think it's quite bonny!

[url="http://www.ebs.bass.se/2009/manuals/reidmar250.pdf"]..here's a link to the manual, too.[/url]