Why become a member? ×

More new Fender models - The 'Modern Player' Series

wateroftyne

At below £400, I can't see them being Mexican. The blacktop stuff is cheap, this is even cheaper and bordering on Squier VM/CV series prices. They're also bringing back the 'original' japanese made jaguar bass (around £800), so it'd be interesting to see how this one compares to that at half the price...

[quote name='Johnston' timestamp='1317494958' post='1391315'] Ah I've been looking a pic of that.!!! Whats the verdict of it with a rosewood board. I'm seriously thinking of picking one up (Even 2nd hand down the line) and doing a neck swap with my Dirnt. (Would maybe change the guard to white though. Edit if anyone wants to do a photo shop (Because my skills are severely lacking) If you overlay the Dirnt/50's style guard and telecaster style control plate how do they line up?[/quote]
[IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b95/merello/fender-mod.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Johnston' timestamp='1317544089' post='1391588']
damn doesn't look like the routes will line up. :)

cheers for the shop.
[/quote]
I'd love to say I left the remnants to show you they don't match - I just could not be bothered tidying up!

[quote name='Lylodile' timestamp='1317380153' post='1390057']
Love the tele hate the jag. I prefer the old Japanese jaguars look wise (red with matching headstock...)
[/quote]

Same here, the tele looks pretty good. Problem is, I'm pretty small and wear my bass high so most long, slim looking basses look daft on me.

Updated:
Original:
[IMG]http://www.dawsons.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/fender-mod-play-tele-bass-new.jpg[/IMG]
'Dirnted!
[IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b95/merello/mod-tele-dirnted.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by merello

So £273 for the single pickup squier and £399 for the Fender.

£126 for an extra pickup, pot and a Fender decal. Nah

If they'd put the Squier decal on it and said maybe £325 then that would seem fair enough.

A lot of made in China stuff is scarily good so I'm sure this will be a corker.

I wonder if this is Fender slowly removing the Squier range and replacing it with all Fenders since we already have the Cheapy nasty Fender Starcaster Jazz junk.

[quote name='krazy_olie' timestamp='1317651305' post='1392705']
It think Fender Fender's design team is a bloke with a few buckets containing bits of card that say things like "jazz pickups".

Fender do make some top notch basses, just a shame they can't be bothered to apply their skills to something genuinely new.
[/quote]

Do we really need something genuinely new? Doesn't what we have available now do a good enough job?