Why become a member? ×

Basses you regretted selling.

Guest McBass

I think I've always gone up one everytime I've sold a bass.

MB1. :)
Fnarr Fnarr!

I regret sellimg the Namm commemerative steel grey Musicman 4 with status carbon graphite neck
that is all,......."You wouldnt let lie? would ya?". :)

Edited by MB1

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1317057824' post='1386156']
Why would you be selling a bass?

Sorry don't understand the question... ;-)
[/quote]

Because you foolishly think you are upgrading...hahaha

I had a 2-colour sunburst Fender P that I swapped for a Mustang in 1981 when I joined a band to play rhythm guitar (I had another P bass, a '76 which I still own). I'm now convinced that it was an early 60s one and go into a cold sweat when I think about it. Hey ho!

I also had a Fender Telecaster which I sold and then missed really badly. I bought a Strat which I just didn't get on with, but the guy I sold the tele to did like it, so two years later I got my beloved tele back in a straight swap.

My P, the Jazz and the Tele will never be sold!

Status seems to be popping up a lot here! I've had three and it would take a lot for me to let go of my Series II as it really is a special one! Might as well post a picture of that then...

Any Excuse Chris!.... Doh!

Edited by MB1

I think the only one I really regret selling would be my MIJ Fender Precision 51 Reissue. Not the right sound for me, but I loved that bass, it just looked so cool. In fact, I sold it once, and regretted it, so bought it back. Only sold it again as it wasn`t getting played, decent bass like that needs to be cherished and played, not just stuck in a rack.

2 basses for me - my Mk1 Kingbass and a MIJ 62 reissue Jazz with Bartolini pickups. Both great basses.

Sold the Jazz when i was playing more 6 string guitar, and sold the KB as it needed constanty tweaking to get a decent sound, that said, it played like a dream and build quality was awesome.

These pair. I must have been insane. I don't even like thinking about it. Oh the pain.

[attachment=90280:king and S2 001.jpg]

:) Cocabola series one status kingbass (16.5 mm string spacing with bendwell and swichable side and front face L.e.ds) :)
.................Go and sit on the naughty step John!

Edited by MB1

I [quote name='MB1' timestamp='1317065804' post='1386365']These pair. I must have been insane. I don't even like thinking about it. Oh the pain. [attachment=90280:king and S2 001.jpg] MB1. :) :) Cocabola series one status kingbass (16.5 mm string spacing with bendwell and swichable side and front face L.e.ds) :) .................Go and sit on the naughty step![/quote]

I feel your pain!

[quote name='MB1' timestamp='1317065804' post='1386365']These pair. I must have been insane. I don't even like thinking about it. Oh the pain. [attachment=90280:king and S2 001.jpg] MB1. :) :) Cocabola series one status kingbass (16.5 mm string spacing with bendwell and swichable side and front face L.e.ds) :) .................Go and sit on the naughty step John![/quote]

Looks just like the one Mark King was playing the first time I saw Level 42 live! His Status sound is by far his best, no doubt!

[quote name='BurritoBass' timestamp='1317061251' post='1386231']
You've obviously not got divorced then? :)
[/quote]
Never got married in the first place...

In the 37 years that I've been playing I have sold a total of 5 guitars and basses and I got rid of all of those because on reflection I didn't really like them.

The only one I would vaguely have like to have kept is the Futurama Bass, but only because now I could get a lot me for it in real terms then I did back in 1983. OTOH it's sale did help buy a Roland SH09 Synth which was a far more useful musical instrument.