Why become a member? ×

Manchester Bass Day 06/11/11

daz

Had a call from Stevie earlier and he has taken on board the comments and it is now simply £25 On-Line or On the day at the door, if tickets are still available.
It WILL be a full day from 12:00 midday to 10:PM and there will be another 4 live performances in addition to Marcus Miller and the Trade will be well represented. As Stevie is now on organising his 7th, (I thought last year was 7), Bass Day and believes this will be the best one yet, I tend to agree. BOTW has an awesome sound system and it could turn out to be the perfect venue.
More to follow as the planning unfolds with some surprises, I am sure.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like the BDUK website has been updated and it's a full house.
[url="http://www.bassday.co.uk/index.html"]BassDayUK Web-Site[/url]

Marcus Miller holding a Masterclass/Q&A.
Bernard Lackner.
Jah Wobble.
Phil Mann.
Pat Illingworth drumming for Marcus.
Scott Devine and Overwater's Chris May holding an Interactive discussion, "The Alchemy of Tone from Maker to Player."
Nigel Clutterbuck.
There is still room for another main stage performance and hopefully Stevie will be bringing his "Most Wanted" band. these guys are awesome and have 2 of the most talented guitarists I have seen.
You could even win a 33% discount on your custom bass from ACG Alan.
Some nice prizes as normal.
Final comment from Stevie in an email I had from him earlier in the week:
"[i]Tickets are selling fast ... I don't think there will be any on the door/on the day tickets left.[/i]"

[quote name='BassBunny' timestamp='1318153466' post='1398503']
Looks like the BDUK website has been updated and it's a full house.
[url="http://www.bassday.co.uk/index.html"]BassDayUK Web-Site[/url]

Marcus Miller holding a Masterclass/Q&A.
Bernard Lackner.
Jah Wobble.
Phil Mann.
Pat Illingworth drumming for Marcus.
Scott Devine and Overwater's Chris May holding an Interactive discussion, "The Alchemy of Tone from Maker to Player."
Nigel Clutterbuck.
There is still room for another main stage performance and hopefully Stevie will be bringing his "Most Wanted" band. these guys are awesome and have 2 of the most talented guitarists I have seen.
You could even win a 33% discount on your custom bass from ACG Alan.
Some nice prizes as normal.
"[i]Tickets are selling fast ... I don't think there will be any on the door/on the day tickets left.[/i]"
[/quote]

Hmm, I would have liked to have seen Jah Wobble and Chris's/Scott's talk looks very interesting.

[quote name='BassBunny' timestamp='1318153466' post='1398503']
[/quote]
The smaller venue and reduced capacity means this is indeed likely.

Are we[b] sure [/b]Mr Wardle is playing ? It's just that when i was a nipper in 1973, the local amateur football team [i]The Chester nomads[/i] were supposedly playing an exhibition game against an [i]all star team[/i], including Bobby Charlton, and Nobby Styles. As the ground was literally just up the road from me, we went as did many others. Some of whom had travelled miles. Needless to say Mr Charlton never turned up.(not his fault as he'd never actually said he would play we later found out) In fact nobody recognized a soul in the supposed 'Star Team' that wet and windy day. This is the day my youthfull innocence and trust in all things good and truthful was robbed from me. Strangled by the hands of greed disapointment and hyperbole.

Though largely unkown I belive this was the cause of the last lyching in british history, when certain elements who had travelled from affar to see Charlton (who had just retired from Man United) got hold of the organizers, who thought they were safe from harm in the Cricket Club 'members only' bar.

PS: first division footballers still played for charity teams back in the 70's. None of this club stopping them, or insurance company banning them nonsence. The stars from Liverpool and Everton could often be seen out on the East lancs road on a Sunday afternoon, doing sliding tackles on the concrete car park in their best suits,When they sometimes took on the local Sunday pub side. Can you Imagine Tevez, Ronaldo and Ashley cole doing that ??

(yes I've gone off on one of my tangents again :))

Edited by daz

• 2 weeks later...

OK, can anyone answer this one - would I have to pay £25 to get to the trade stands? I'm in the market for a good bass, having just sold the last of my valuable basses, and it'd be handy to have a look/try of various basses in one room (if, in fact, there's anything I'd like, and to be honest there wasn't much rang my bell last year), but I have no interest in Mr Miller or any of the other performers (and Nige I'm more than familiar with (in a good way) :) ) so £25 to go shopping for an hour seems like a lot of money. :)

[quote name='Muzz' timestamp='1319637168' post='1416717']
OK, can anyone answer this one - would I have to pay £25 to get to the trade stands? I'm in the market for a good bass, having just sold the last of my valuable basses, and it'd be handy to have a look/try of various basses in one room (if, in fact, there's anything I'd like, and to be honest there wasn't much rang my bell last year), but I have no interest in Mr Miller or any of the other performers (and Nige I'm more than familiar with (in a good way) :) ) so £25 to go shopping for an hour seems like a lot of money. :)
[/quote]

I think the simple answer is "Yes you would have to pay".
There isn't a seperate Trade Area .
If you look at the Trade Area "map" on the Bass Day UK website, most of it is in the same area as the stage.
It is very much going back to how it was when held at Life Cafe'.

OK, well, that's me out. Just found out Mark / Bass Direct won't be there, so that's a major shopping attraction out anyway, leaving the prospect of paying £25 for a browse round the other stands being deafened by slap, which just doesn't sound like much of a deal for me... :)

Edited by Muzz

I went to the first Bass Day at the Life Cafe and found it more of a gig than anything else. I suppose with London Bass Guitar Show on the map too now then it's not a problem to diversify and be more of a bass specific gig than a 'show'.

On the page marked schedule?

[center][/center][size=2][i][left][center][b]subject to change - check back for up-dates ![/b][/center][/i][/size][/left] [center][b]Doors Open 12:00pm - 10:00pm[/b]
[b]All Day Bar & Cafe[/b]
Trade Exhibitor Stands
check out the latest in bass gear ![/center][size=4][b][i][center]Don't Miss This Years Bass Day UK !![/i][/b][/size][/center][center][/center]