Why become a member? ×

****SOLD**** Fender Japan Jazz Bass. 95/96 model ****SOLD****

JP Soundsystem

Hi there

For sale here is a Fender Japan Jazz Bass. I think it's a 96 because it's got a '50th Anniversary' sticker on the back of the headstock.

I'd love to say this is in superb condition, but it just isn't. Electrically, it's fine, and playability is fine. But the body has A LOT of dings/chips.

I have tried my best to show these in the pics, but in any event, this is offered as collection only, as I want any potential buyer to fully inspect the bass and be happy with what they are getting. If you insist on delivery, a courier can be arranged at your expense. The bass is located in Barnsley.

The bass comes with a hard case made by '5 star cases' which is also tatty.

I sell this with a slightly heavy heart, as it was my first bass. But, alas, I just don't use this anymore as I much prefer the sound of Thunderbirds.

Any questions/requests for more photos, get in touch!!

£350

[b]NOW SOLD[/b]

Edited by JP Soundsystem

[quote name='JP Soundsystem' post='1346544' date='Aug 20 2011, 05:34 PM']I was tempted to list it as 'road worn'!! But alas, common sense prevailed.[/quote]

Dern! If someone hurries up and buys my Hohner Jack and the Musicman case, I would tear your arm off for it, warts and all.

I do have some ebay listings of microphones and compressors coming up, so who knows?

Hello!

Yes, I have changed the price of this bass after receiving advice stating that my original price was far too low. I don't want to offend anyone, but I don't want to sell myself short either. I hope this is understandable. I hope the price is still competitive.

JP

[quote name='JP Soundsystem' post='1346879' date='Aug 21 2011, 03:23 AM']Yes, I have changed the price of this bass after receiving advice stating that my original price was far too low.[/quote]
Ah well that clears up the confusion I felt about the early posts talking about a 'bargain'! :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1346926' date='Aug 21 2011, 09:32 AM']Ah well that clears up the confusion I felt about the early posts talking about a 'bargain'! :)[/quote]

That'll teach me for trying to justify myself while very, very drunk!

I was advised that this bass was worth £500, which still makes this bargain-esque I reckon.

I really want a new amp, so would consider trades for a Orange Bass Terror, or something valvey (or is that tubey?) and vintage.

[quote name='JP Soundsystem' post='1349274' date='Aug 23 2011, 06:20 PM']That'll teach me for trying to justify myself while very, very drunk!

I was advised that this bass was worth £500, which still makes this bargain-esque I reckon.

I really want a new amp, so would consider trades for a Orange Bass Terror, or [b]something valvey (or is that tubey?) and vintage[/b].[/quote]

Would you be interested in a Selmer Treble n Bass 50 (just been serviced before being put up for sale, I'm picking it up tomorrow) ? It's the version with the brushed aluminium front.

edit: with some cash your way too

Edited by nollaig

[quote name='nollaig' post='1355681' date='Aug 29 2011, 08:54 PM']Would you be interested in a Selmer Treble n Bass 50 (just been serviced before being put up for sale, I'm picking it up tomorrow) ? It's the version with the brushed aluminium front.

edit: with some cash your way too[/quote]

Unfortunately, I have my heart set on something else, so would prefer a straight cash sale.

Cheers though.

JP

P.S. Pay-day bumpage!!!

• 2 weeks later...