Why become a member? ×

Which colour Aguilar cabs?

molan

So I've recently swapped colours of an Aguilar DB112 rig and absolutely love the colour of my new ones. Meanwhile the person who bought the old ones also really likes them so we're both very happy :)

Given that many speaker cabs are just plain old black I wondered how many people would prefer a different colour if given the choice?

I'm not sure how many Aggie dealers actually stock anything other than black so maybe the others are custom orders only?

Here's the current range anyway:

[quote name='JTUK' post='1316963' date='Jul 26 2011, 01:08 PM']Classic black DB series for me. Best looking cab around by miles, IMO. and not half bad sounding either..:)[/quote]

Interesting to see Black is romping away with it so far.

I'll own up that I bought Chocolate Thunder, with a matching coloured head, as a replacement for the Hot White. This was partially based on a recommendation from a bit of a 'name' player that said they looked cool as a full set but also because they just happened to pop up here for sale!

The brown range looks really nice in the flesh but tough to say what I would have bought if I'd been given 'free rein' to choose any colour.

[quote name='molan' post='1316976' date='Jul 26 2011, 01:16 PM']Interesting to see Black is romping away with it so far.

I'll own up that I bought Chocolate Thunder, with a matching coloured head, as a replacement for the Hot White. This was partially based on a recommendation from a bit of a 'name' player that said they looked cool as a full set but also because they just happened to pop up here for sale!

The brown range looks really nice in the flesh but tough to say what I would have bought if I'd been given 'free rein' to choose any colour.[/quote]

You want to hear them with a TF :) :)

Black, closely followed by Brown.

Aguilar have the best aesthetics out there...many high end makers should take note! Yes, its all down to tone, but its good to sound AND look good!

I had DB212s in Chocolate Thunder, and now I have one 4 ohm DB212 in Black. The thing I prefer on the Black is the tolex is a little thicker.

I wouldnt mind a set of DB112s in addition. No idea why.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1317146' date='Jul 26 2011, 02:57 PM']I voted Boss Tweed even though I own the (popular) black![/quote]

Good man! Although I agree that the material thickness depends on the colour. A friend has the chocolate ones and they seem much more snag resistant. Liking aggies and going for black shows a distinct lack of imagination!

I like the White or the Green!

That said, I kinda like the idea of a set of cabs in British Racing Green with a black grill and maybe chrome hardware. Then maybe an Aston Martin badge on the front! (Well, that or Austin Mini!!!!!!!)

[quote name='dood' post='1317624' date='Jul 26 2011, 08:53 PM']I like the White or the Green!

That said, I kinda like the idea of a set of cabs in British Racing Green with a black grill and maybe chrome hardware. Then maybe an Aston Martin badge on the front! (Well, that or Austin Mini!!!!!!!)[/quote]

Old Trace, here we come! They're (nearly) BRG with black grilles.