Why become a member? ×

Jens Ritter

Pete Academy

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='1316132' date='Jul 25 2011, 07:33 PM']Check this out.

[url="http://www.ritter-instruments.com/newsletter/af_formmail/index.php"]http://www.ritter-instruments.com/newslett...mmail/index.php[/url]

Even if you hate his basses, you have to congratulate him on this.[/quote]

What, him breaking his arm/shoulder? That's a bit harsh...?!
Seriously, not sure whether it's a good thing the Bass is going into a Musuem: thought those things were meant to be played!

Quite surprised that the bass is quite tame looking compared to his normal efforts! A great achievement all the same. Good on Herr Ritter!

But to echo Steve-Soar, it's a shame that the preamp and pickups aren't as "revolutionary" as his designs. Same old stuff albeit in a different shell.

Edited by EBS_freak

Ah, I think I will get a bit of oak and my jig saw and make my own creation.

Pickups are going to be 'open' wound and it's going to work on WiFi (router to be optional).

Tuners to be thought guided (like on a MIG32 missile guidance system).

That should get me [s]locked up[/s] in the Smithonian..... :lol;

I played a couple of Ritters earlier this year and was really impressed by the workmanship and feel of them. Unfortunately they weren't amped up so couldn't hear what they sounded like.

Heard on the grapevine that there might be a UK distribution deal for Ritters coming soon which will actually see some in stock for demo purposes :)

I saw via another site that the Smithsonian really does only have one bass currently in its collection. Some places said it was one of the very first made but their own site says it's a '55 / '56 model. Meanwhile they have about 30 different six stringers. . .