Why become a member? ×

London + Surrey Basschatters

Bankai

After a few interviews I've been offered a trial position at the brand new GuitarGuitar shop in Epsom. I'll be working there tomorrow (Sunday) in the bass section (Yes we have a bass section!)

For those of you who haven't dropped in yet, then this may well be the perfect opportunity! The store has got extensive stock (over 1000 guitars), good prices, and a bc'er as staff! We've got most brands on display and ready for trying out; lakland, suhr, rickys, fender, aguilar, orange and more. We're also giving free sets of guitar strings to anyone who comes through the door.

Drop me a PM if you're planning on coming by and I'll keep a look out for you. We're doing 3 for 2 on boss pedals as well if that takes your fancy :)

Hope to see you there!

[quote name='Bankai' post='1273993' date='Jun 18 2011, 06:27 PM']After a few interviews I've been offered a trial position at the brand new GuitarGuitar shop in Epsom. I'll be working there tomorrow (Sunday) in the bass section (Yes we have a bass section!)

For those of you who haven't dropped in yet, then this may well be the perfect opportunity! The store has got extensive stock (over 1000 guitars), good prices, and a bc'er as staff! We've got most brands on display and ready for trying out; lakland, suhr, rickys, fender, aguilar, orange and more. We're also giving free sets of guitar strings to anyone who comes through the door.

Drop me a PM if you're planning on coming by and I'll keep a look out for you. We're doing 3 for 2 on boss pedals as well if that takes your fancy :)

Hope to see you there![/quote]

Congratulations mate :)

Nice one! As Cliff would say "Congratulations!"

Epsom's not far from me, but I'm not sure I'll be able to pop in for the free strings tomorrow :) - I never change the strings on my geetars anyway! I'll probably be able to make it over to check the shop out at some point soon though. Is there any parking nearby or is the Ashley Centre my best bet?

[quote name='Bankai' post='1273993' date='Jun 18 2011, 06:27 PM']We're also giving free sets of guitar strings to anyone who comes through the door.[/quote]

I'm guessing these are of the thin & slinky 6 string variety & not the chunky old cables us bass players use?

[quote name='lojo' post='1274209' date='Jun 18 2011, 10:29 PM']Congrats on the job

I'm a few miles away and have not heard of this new shop ?

You there beyond Sunday ?[/quote]
Hiya. They opened yesterday. The company has got a few stores up north but this is their first down here. It's also their biggest and the UK's biggest!

Today (Sunday) is my trial, so providing I'm what they're looking for then I'll be staying on as it'll become my full-time job! Which I hope it does :)

And yes, sadly we're not giving bass cables, only electric and acoustic guitar ones. But I'm sure if you drop by and get a set they could be swapped for a beer with your band's guitarist!

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='1274220' date='Jun 18 2011, 10:43 PM']Is there any parking nearby or is the Ashley Centre my best bet?[/quote]
There's a car park behind the Odeon which is only about 50 metres away. To get in to the car park head up the upper high-street past the Odeon. Then park right down in the corner nearest the store. There'll be a path out to the road side.

[quote name='billyapple' post='1274346' date='Jun 19 2011, 02:26 AM']What!? Bass Strings?![/quote]
If only :)

Electric and Acoustic only I'm afraid. Although as I said, I'm sure your guitar-playing bandmate would probably have 'em off you for a beer!

[quote name='Bankai' post='1274348' date='Jun 19 2011, 02:28 AM']If only :)

Electric and Acoustic only I'm afraid. Although as I said, I'm sure your guitar-playing bandmate would probably have 'em off you for a beer![/quote]

Hey, no worries, It's better than a poke in the eye. Anyway, guitar strings are better for snaring rabbits! I might well have a drive out, and tell the management how many contacts you have on BC, and all the revenue that will bring. Congrats on the job, but go to bed for Christ sake, you've work in the morning

Nice one. Me and other guitar playing chums (both bass and treble) intend to descend posse like in the not too distant future. I'm so glad we've finally got a decent musical instrument outlet locally :)

Keep us updated of your Job offer , and ill pop in sometime and say hello

I'll also send all and GAS affected local guitarist friends along when there next thinking about throwing money away at andertons

Hows there stock of bits , like flatwounds etc, andertons only sell one type and there not for me ?

[quote name='lojo' post='1274830' date='Jun 19 2011, 03:30 PM']Hows there stock of bits , like flatwounds etc, andertons only sell one type and there not for me ?[/quote]
There's a lot, I'll have a look to see what flatwounds we've got for you.

[quote name='brummie' post='1275003' date='Jun 19 2011, 05:35 PM']Sorry, I missed the bit about how much BC'ers get?[/quote]

I am not sure what you mean?

I've been invited back to work on Tuesday so will be in then if anybody else fancies coming by, I know wayne will be in that day if that's an incentive!

[quote name='lojo' post='1274830' date='Jun 19 2011, 03:30 PM']How's there stock of bits , like flatwounds etc, andertons only sell one type and there not for me ?[/quote]
Checked today, flatwounds wise we have 4.

D'Addario XL Flats in Light and Medium Gauge
Rotosound Flats in Light and Medium Gauge

[quote name='blackmn90' post='1278311' date='Jun 22 2011, 11:13 AM']do you have that lush new gold custom shop jazz bass?[/quote]
A thousand times yes :) Tis one of my favourites, presuming we're talking about the 60/64 Custom Shop Gold Jazz? :)

[quote name='Bankai' post='1278568' date='Jun 22 2011, 01:34 PM']A thousand times yes :) Tis one of my favourites, presuming we're talking about the 60/64 Custom Shop Gold Jazz? :)[/quote]

sweet, do you do the take away scheme for students as well? Might have to come in and give it a go, i love the brazilian fingerboards they are putting on the custom shops models. i unfortunately missed out on the dakota red on but it remains my favourite bass so far