Why become a member? ×

Fave Female Bassists

pickle

These bassplayers were a genuine influence to my early playing days:

Tina Weymouth - Yeah I know already mentioned
Kim Deal - Yeah I know already mentioned
Leslie Langston - Still playing today but I was influenced by her work with The Throwing Muses (on the House Tornado album in particular) and The Wolfgang Press (the Queer album).

Edited by NowVertical

It's time to spread the love for Polish 'basistkas' :)

My personal favourite, Marta Zalewska from SheMoans:
[attachment=82783:Marta_SheMoans.jpg]

Here's Ewa Koc from Nasty Habits:
[attachment=82784:Ewa_Koc_...y_Habits.jpg]

And Natalia Brzozowska from Nail Quartet:
[attachment=82785:Natalia_Brzozowska.jpg]

[quote name='dc2009' post='1271335' date='Jun 16 2011, 11:41 AM']wow, the first and third ones are seriously pretty, the second looks like her ric! :)
But SheMoans for a band name, seriously?[/quote]

Ha! Nice one! Marta and Natalia are both trained professional musicians, Ewa is punk rock through and through!

SheMoans are the house band for the TV show "The Szymon Majewski Show", Szymon is pronounced 'she mon' hence the name SheMoans...

Marta is also a demon on the violin too:
[attachment=82790:Marta_2.jpg]

[quote name='matski' post='1271364' date='Jun 16 2011, 01:00 PM']Ha! Nice one! Marta and Natalia are both trained professional musicians, Ewa is punk rock through and through!

SheMoans are the house band for the TV show "The Szymon Majewski Show", Szymon is pronounced 'she mon' hence the name SheMoans...

Marta is also a demon on the violin too:
[attachment=82790:Marta_2.jpg][/quote]

Awesome :)

[quote name='matski' post='1271275' date='Jun 16 2011, 01:01 PM']My personal favourite, Marta Zalewska from SheMoans:

Here's Ewa Koc from Nasty Habits:

And Natalia Brzozowska from Nail Quartet:[/quote]

If we could make a nail quartet to do all the nasty habits..do we find out if she moans? :)

Edited by 73Jazz

[quote name='ras52' post='1271495' date='Jun 16 2011, 02:07 PM'][quote name='JamieCooper91' date='Jun 15 2011, 08:40 PM']
Melissa Auf Der Maur!

What a girl.[/quote]

I've neither seen her nor heard her, but her name is hot!
[/quote]

Only since she dropped the 'de' from the end of it. :)

She is actually pretty cute too, as well as being a great player; I'm a total sucker for redheads, mind.

That hairy girl from The Magic Numbers had a really pleasing style

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s29S51KSbiQ&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s29S51KSbiQ...feature=related[/url]

Edited by krispn

[quote name='Ian Savage' post='1271781' date='Jun 16 2011, 04:29 PM']I've neither seen her nor heard her, but her name is hot!

Only since she dropped the 'de' from the end of it. :)

She is actually pretty cute too, as well as being a great player; I'm a total sucker for redheads, mind.[/quote]

[i]Taste You[/i].... generic, albeit entertaining rock

[quote name='fatgoogle' post='1271370' date='Jun 16 2011, 01:05 PM']If you google Jenny Lee Lindberg theres rather a good pic of eh.. some parts.[/quote]

that stuff isn't suitable for people who browse BC in work, but it's a fiiiine picture. :)

If you after hot female bassists then the Pumpkins had had most of them, four now in fact. lol

Difficult to pick a favourite one as they are all hot in different ways but Ginger Reyes is probably the hottest. IMO, of course.

[quote name='escholl' post='1269778' date='Jun 15 2011, 10:42 AM']Grog! :)[/quote]

In 2004 my band supported Die So Fluid in Southampton and, before the show, my guitarist and I walked in on Grog whilst she was getting changed backstage.

Bass boobies!

This thread is sexist and a disgrace. :)

Having said that, Jessica Fagre is quite hot...

I hadn't seen her before but that Jenny Lee Lindberg is super hot :lol: ... I'm struggling with the fact that she bears more than a passing resemblance to my sister in law. :)
Dr. Freud, patient waiting.