Why become a member? ×

would it be wrong of me.......

blind pilot

Got the body coated in primer [attachment=82322:primer.jpg][attachment=82321:primer_front.jpg]

Then got some colour on [attachment=82323:shiney.jpg]

Needs a couple more coats of laqcuer, then flat,mop and polish, going to turn out quite tasty.

I had to put a fair bit of filler in, as there was lots of digs and scuffs, but it has turned out nice - will get some more lacquer on next week, then should get it built up later in the week!

Need to save some pennies for the pre-amp, but its taking shape!

Edited by blind pilot

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1264412' date='Jun 10 2011, 09:35 PM'][b]M[/b]usic[b]i[/b]an [b]S[/b]tung on e[b]B[/b]ay

Would work with the EB font well IMO, Go for it Jose :)[/quote]

I already had a quick look for the font. Unsuccessful, but I'll keep trying :)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1265003' date='Jun 11 2011, 03:23 PM'][url="http://wordsmith.org/anagram/"]http://wordsmith.org/anagram/[/url] Enjoy :)[/quote]
Music Man StingRay = Gymnastic Anus Rim ... or ... C***-Rimming Assay

You want either of those on your headstock, you've got problems. :)

keep the ideas coming guys!

anyway, its all bolted together, and looking rather swish. Still a little more flatting and polishing required in places, but I need the lacquer to harden fully for that to happen.

just needs the pre-amp and strings, and a set up, and its ready to rock!

[attachment=82648:bass_complete.jpg]

[quote name='Prime_BASS' post='1268291' date='Jun 14 2011, 10:01 AM']MusicmanStingray

MysoniSagay[/quote]

Prime, dont think he is though, he (at the age of 7) told me he only watches Britains go talent(or some programme like that), because of Amanda Holden and how he wants a wife that looks like that!

I'm not sure, If you were nearer I would gladly whip one for you to try. Obviously you have no wheel of fortune so there will be an unused slot for that unless you fit a genuine pre EB one but that would be both hard to find and about £100+ at least. You could get one made from yours as a template though?

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1268512' date='Jun 14 2011, 12:25 PM']I'm not sure, If you were nearer I would gladly whip one for you to try. Obviously you have no wheel of fortune so there will be an unused slot for that unless you fit a genuine pre EB one but that would be both hard to find and about £100+ at least. You could get one made from yours as a template though?[/quote]

I could photocopy my one and send it to you lol!

not sure what the postage to button moon would be though :)

I will have a think about making a black one for it!.

[quote name='blind pilot' post='1268601' date='Jun 14 2011, 01:37 PM']I could photocopy my one and send it to you lol!

not sure what the postage to button moon would be though :)

I will have a think about making a black one for it!.[/quote]
I could certainly try and measure it for you? Postage would still be less than a Ken Smith pot from the US though :) (Yes ,Yes I know the price was set by UPS Blah blah it was a joke). A lot of places will make you one using the old one as a template. Gloss black like a pre EB has would look tasty :lol:

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1268742' date='Jun 14 2011, 03:19 PM']I could certainly try and measure it for you? Postage would still be less than a Ken Smith pot from the US though :) (Yes ,Yes I know the price was set by UPS Blah blah it was a joke). A lot of places will make you one using the old one as a template. Gloss black like a pre EB has would look tasty :)[/quote]

I will have a bash i think, we have a band saw at work :lol:

Just got (via here) some nice green neon DR strings to wack on, if darth vader had a bass.....it would be this one!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, here is Darth's bass.

I wacked on the Neon green DR's (they feel strange, kinda squeeky under the fingers?)

But, I think it looks good huh?

All in all at the moment, it stands me in about £54.00 plus some time.

[attachment=83559:bass_full.jpg]

I still have the pre-amp to fit, but before I spash out on the pukka Musicman stingray 2EQ copy I will just role with my old Ibanez 2 EQ one until I am sure I like it.

I will give it a good blast at tomorrows Jam session!

Edited by blind pilot