Why become a member? ×

If You Could Have 1 Hour With Any Living Bass Player.....?

merello

[quote name='4000' post='1224009' date='May 8 2011, 11:50 AM']Hey, no fair, she's mine!!!!!!! :) :)

Yes, that'll be Tal for me as well [b]and having met her[/b] pics don't do her justice either.[/quote]

Don't be greedy, you've had your hour. :lol: :D

[quote name='4000' post='1224046' date='May 8 2011, 12:26 PM']I think an hour is rather optimistic... :)[/quote]

Yeah, if she was pulling that face the whole time it would take you an hour just to talk her into it!

[quote name='skej21' post='1224048' date='May 8 2011, 12:28 PM']Yeah, if she was pulling that face the whole time it would take you an hour just to talk her into it![/quote]

Well she thought that was funny...

:)

Here are a couple more pics....

[quote name='4000' post='1224209' date='May 8 2011, 03:52 PM']
[/quote]

Great player, but the one thing that puts me off MASSIVELY about her is the way she wears her bass.

The height/position would be fine if it didn't remind me of the more frequent sight of middle-aged male bass players who rest their moob on their bass, like a bass bra!

*cringes*

[quote name='skej21' post='1224214' date='May 8 2011, 03:59 PM']Great player, but the one thing that puts me off MASSIVELY about her is the way she wears her bass.

The height/position would be fine if it didn't remind me of the more frequent sight of middle-aged male bass players who rest their moob on their bass, like a bass bra!

*cringes*[/quote]

:) Really??? I don't believe I've ever seen a better use for the 'comfort body contour' on a Jazz style bass than this - It's what Leo would have wanted. :)

[quote name='Sawtooth' post='1224306' date='May 8 2011, 05:35 PM']:) Really??? I don't believe I've ever seen a better use for the 'comfort body contour' on a Jazz style bass than this - It's what Leo would have wanted. :)

[/quote]

It just reminds me of the middle-aged man boob resting on the contour everytime I see it. ARGGGGH!

(I think it must be that there's not enough of *the above* use of the contour to erase it from my brain!)

Danny Thompson. I chatted with him for about ten minutes at a festival a couple of years ago. The bloke has so much experience and wisdom that an hour in his company would make you a better bassist, even if neither of you touched a bass in that hour.