Why become a member? ×

Why doesn't anyone make...?

Stuff the old fashioned way.
If fender could mass produce basses in the 60's extremely sought after today, not to mention a whole chunk of oldschool tube amps, handwired, handcrafted.
Why can't they mass produce this stuff today without it costing an absolute arm and a leg, we still have the 60's technology. dust it off and start making things how they used to be.

Seems every time some kind of replica is brought out it's not the same, it's always incorporating loads of new technology and build differently so would never sound the same.

[quote name='Clarky' post='1208070' date='Apr 22 2011, 10:49 AM']Why don't Tech 21 wake up and smell the coffee and make a small Class D amp with a Sansamp EQ section? They have one of the strongest brand names for DI/EQ and yet insist only on applying this to pedals or relatively heavy (>20lb) 'old school' type amps[/quote]

I'd sooo have that. Give me the PSA 1.1 with a digital power section and I'm there!! :)

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' post='1208717' date='Apr 22 2011, 10:29 PM']I wish Fender would reissue the 60s slab Precision bass, as used by Entwistle - not so much for the bass itself (although that would be seriously cool), but for that incredible soundng pickup/tone circuit. Nobody seems to knows what was done differently, the fact is they sound utterly amazing. It's all there on Live at Leeds.[/quote]

What he said.Even if it was Squier,wouldn't matter.I'd just want it for the way it looked and felt,a seriously nice bass to play.Come to think of it,maybe if I had an uncontoured body blank,black scratchplate........hmmmm.

[quote name='skej21' post='1208453' date='Apr 22 2011, 04:35 PM']Headphones that let you know someone is behind you... No more sh!tting myself everytime the Mrs brings me a cuppa![/quote]

When I'm wearing headphones, the current mrs discreet flicks the light switch on and off a couple of times to let me know she's in the room...

[quote name='GarethFlatlands' post='1209133' date='Apr 23 2011, 12:54 PM']A good BURP.

(Buying of Unnecessary Rhythm Products)[/quote]

I want to click on like, but we don't have such a function. :)

Some kind of automatic sweat sucker, so that when i come to have to replace the pickups on my basses, I can unscrew them without finding the top screw has turned to a mass of rusty crap.
I've tried remembering to wipe them down, but never manage it in time.

[quote name='hillbilly deluxe' post='1208954' date='Apr 23 2011, 09:37 AM']Non digital,non programmable bass multi effects..............or do they ?[/quote]
Why non-programmable?

IME non-programmable effects are pretty much unusable outside of the studio as they take too much time and effort to set up.

[quote name='squire5' post='1209107' date='Apr 23 2011, 12:31 PM']What he said.Even if it was Squier,wouldn't matter.I'd just want it for the way it looked and felt,a seriously nice bass to play.Come to think of it,maybe if I had an uncontoured body blank,black scratchplate........hmmmm.[/quote]

Great minds eh? See my thread in Bass Guitars.