Why become a member? ×

I just bought a Lakland Skyline Decade

Thunderpaws

[quote name='Thunderpaws' post='1179997' date='Mar 28 2011, 08:47 PM']... Anyway, apparently he has sorted out his bank account link with Paypal now and once my money makes it to his bank account I can get the guitar ...[/quote]
I am understanding correctly that your money is in his Paypal account but he wants to withdraw it to his bank account before he will supply the goods (if they exist at all)?

If so, that's strange behaviour and not 'straight-up' at all. Money in Paypal account is enough. Sounds more and more like a con and this is just another way of keeping you swinging.

[quote name='Gust0o' post='1181537' date='Mar 29 2011, 10:15 PM']All sounded very fishy.

Some salutary lessons about not adhering to strange payment requests and investigating items.

Hope this works out in the end.[/quote]

Hello. Should have just bought second hand from here! Never mind, life goes on.

the latest is that Paypal have given him 10....8 now....days to get the bass to me. On the 11th day the funds get automatically transferred back to my bank account. Thank Geddy for that! funny thing is that the guy is still texting me spouting me nonsense.

Thanks for all the kind interest that has been shown here....lessons for everyone new to eBay shopping like me!

Garry

[quote name='Thunderpaws' post='1182636' date='Mar 30 2011, 07:43 PM']Hello. Should have just bought second hand from here! Never mind, life goes on.

the latest is that Paypal have given him 10....8 now....days to get the bass to me. On the 11th day the funds get automatically transferred back to my bank account. Thank Geddy for that! funny thing is that the guy is still texting me spouting me nonsense.

Thanks for all the kind interest that has been shown here....lessons for everyone new to eBay shopping like me!

Garry[/quote]

That great news Garry. If you get the bass, for peace of mind, get some pics up on here pretty sharpish so that the experts can verify it's the real deal.

Something tells me you'll be getting a refund though :)

[quote name='Beedster' post='1182639' date='Mar 30 2011, 07:46 PM']That great news Garry. If you get the bass, for peace of mind, get some pics up on here pretty sharpish so that the experts can verify it's the real deal.

Something tells me you'll be getting a refund though :)[/quote]

I'm thinking the same as you.

However when I asked for the serial number he gave me one. I got GuitarGuitar in Edinburgh to find out if it was real. It is. I suppose there's more than one way to get your hands on a serial number though.

I'll post again when something happens.

Cheers,

g

[quote name='Thunderpaws' post='1182731' date='Mar 30 2011, 09:29 PM']I'm thinking the same as you.

However when I asked for the serial number he gave me one. I got GuitarGuitar in Edinburgh to find out if it was real. It is. I suppose there's more than one way to get your hands on a serial number though.

I'll post again when something happens.

Cheers,

g[/quote]
The first pair of digits of the serial are the year of manufacture, the second pair are the month. So, for example, 0811***** is November 2008, the first batch of Skyline Decades.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Thunderpaws' post='1182636' date='Mar 30 2011, 07:43 PM']Hello. Should have just bought second hand from here! Never mind, life goes on.

Garry[/quote]
So what was the outcome? Good news one way or another I hope.

[quote name='scalpy' post='1189474' date='Apr 5 2011, 06:57 PM']Enjoy!

I haven't used anything else now for over a [b]decade[/b], except yours has two cutaways and mine has one. They are cracking instruments and I hope yours performs as excellently for you as mine does. Sorry I can't fast forward to the weekend for you.[/quote]

You gotta love that :)

[quote name='Beedster' post='1195277' date='Apr 11 2011, 01:30 AM']Shame the OP couldn't be arsed to reply to this thread given that we all helped him sort it here and via PM....... :)[/quote]

Hello,

Firstly, THANK YOU to everyone who gave input to this eBay mess. I do appreciate the feedback I was given, that was my whole point of posting here isn't it!? Especially thanks to Beedster who I chatted with via PM's and who alerted me to the dodginess in the first place, and who got grumpy because I never posted here for a few days.

Secondly, I like to think of myself as a fair and honest person, so I was definitely going to wrap up this thread with a thank you when things were eventually sorted out, which they still aren't.

I've been away with the missus and the dog for a few days and thought I'd post good news (re, buying an actual guitar from a shop) which took me ages using my mobile phone, even though it's really quite a good phone. Is there an App for Basschat?! Can't believe I feel I have to justify myself to a bunch of people I don't even know!

So, Paypal today say they have taken money back from Anthony Murray (who continued to try and get me to pay him outside of Paypal in many different ways until yesterday) and are transferring it back to me as quickly as the banking system allows. It should be in my account tomorrow or Wednesday.

Finally, give a guy a break and stop jumping on bandwagons. If there's no news to post what's the point in making extra effort to post?!

A second "finally", don't ever try and buy anything from Anthony James Murray, Anthony Murray or Ann Murray if their names crop up on eBay.

THANKS,

Garry

Ouch. That came across like someone putting their hand out to shake and then slapping you across the face.

I hope you get your evilbay situation sorted though, it's not a nice feeling when someone tries to sting you, good luck. :)

Edit: Anyway, back to business, how's the G&L working out for you man?

Edited by Sawtooth

[quote name='Thunderpaws' post='1195500' date='Apr 11 2011, 10:40 AM']Hello,

Firstly, THANK YOU to everyone who gave input to this eBay mess. I do appreciate the feedback I was given, that was my whole point of posting here isn't it!? Especially thanks to Beedster who I chatted with via PM's and who alerted me to the dodginess in the first place, and who got grumpy because I never posted here for a few days.

Secondly, I like to think of myself as a fair and honest person, so I was definitely going to wrap up this thread with a thank you when things were eventually sorted out, which they still aren't.

I've been away with the missus and the dog for a few days and thought I'd post good news (re, buying an actual guitar from a shop) which took me ages using my mobile phone, even though it's really quite a good phone. Is there an App for Basschat?! Can't believe I feel I have to justify myself to a bunch of people I don't even know!

So, Paypal today say they have taken money back from Anthony Murray (who continued to try and get me to pay him outside of Paypal in many different ways until yesterday) and are transferring it back to me as quickly as the banking system allows. It should be in my account tomorrow or Wednesday.

Finally, give a guy a break and stop jumping on bandwagons. If there's no news to post what's the point in making extra effort to post?!

A second "finally", don't ever try and buy anything from Anthony James Murray, Anthony Murray or Ann Murray if their names crop up on eBay.

THANKS,

Garry[/quote]

I'd hardly call the post in question grumpy, it was simply an observation that, after a few of us took time out to help you sort your rather badly thought through ebay transaction, you didn't reply to let us know how things had worked out. Kinda wish I hadn't bothered now really.... :)

I read this thread last month and have just come to see how it all went.

Glad it worked out for the OP but i can see why a few are a bit disappointed.

Seeing as the OP posted "after the eBay fiasco " in a new thread 6 days ago i would have thought there was some news to post here before today.

Still, alls well that ends well. I've always fancied a Decade myself, what was the ebay guys name again ;-)

Edited by dave_bass5