Why become a member? ×

I just bought a Lakland Skyline Decade

Thunderpaws

[quote name='Beedster' post='1195528' date='Apr 11 2011, 11:27 AM']Yep, kinda thought that too :)[/quote]

Sorry lads, I don't come on here to make people, or myself, unhappy, annoyed or anything else. I am a happy person. I joined Basschat as a discussion forum, not for people to say I couldn't be arsed keeping them up to date. Saying someone "can't be arsed" is a grumpy statement. If someone comes at me grumpy, I'll be grumpy back. I don't even like being grumpy.

The internet (and therefore, discussion forums like Basschat), for all it's plus points, is something that isn't available to all people 24/7. Sonmetimes it isn't possible for people to have access to a thread for a few days. Who cares? What matters most, is that there are people, like you, out there willing to give help due to past experiences. I wouldn't say my eBay buy was badly thought out, a little naive maybe, but it is a market place where people sell items, and I thought the bloke was selling an item, so I paid him some money in a protected way.

Sorry, Beedster, I am glad for the helpful and informative messages you sent me, but there is no need to get grumpy by saying I couldn't be arsed getting back to you guys and there is definitely no need to bring my badly thought through eBaying antics into it! I was stung, plain and simple.

Sawtooth on the other hand has kept it nice light hearted, and quite creative. I am happy with the G&L, but am waiting for the money to land in my bank before I pick it up from GuitarGuitar. Deposit paid. I was told by Paypal that the money would be back in on the 8th, but they got that wrong too!

This is the most typing I have ever done on a discussion forum and all a bit silly.

Cheers,

Garry

PS: I'm off to the PRS charity night in Glasgow tonight, should be cool.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1195581' date='Apr 11 2011, 12:16 PM']Dont sweat about it, its a friendly forum and no one seem to hold grudges 9for too long).

Saying that, its coming up to a year since i PM'd a certain prominent member in this thread and never got a reply ;-)[/quote]

Thanks. Reason prevails.

Now, I am about to go to the post office then for a walk. Then I am going to sort out a leaky gutter. Then I am going to Glasgow for the PRS evening. I wont be on here all afternoon/evening...

Cheers,

Garry

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1195581' date='Apr 11 2011, 12:16 PM']Dont sweat about it, its a friendly forum and no one seem to hold grudges 9for too long).

Saying that, its coming up to a year since i PM'd a certain prominent member in this thread and never got a reply ;-)[/quote]

LOL, 'prominent member' indeed :)

Well, I recall a series of PMs from several people about the Wizard 64s in my Squier CV Jazz about a year ago and I think I recall one of them being from you Dave. If I did fail to reply then I apologise. I realise how frustrating unanswered PMs can be.

Mind you, I don't feel I fit the description 'prominent member'.

[quote name='Thunderpaws' post='1195584' date='Apr 11 2011, 12:20 PM']Thanks. Reason prevails.

Now, I am about to go to the post office then for a walk. Then I am going to sort out a leaky gutter. Then I am going to Glasgow for the PRS evening. I wont be on here all afternoon/evening...

Cheers,

Garry[/quote]
Now you're mixing up Basschat and Facebook. :)

Well done on getting your money back.

Edited by EssentialTension

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='1195903' date='Apr 11 2011, 04:22 PM']Well, I recall a series of PMs from several people about the Wizard 64s in my Squier CV Jazz about a year ago and I think I recall one of them being from you Dave. If I did fail to reply then I apologise. I realise how frustrating unanswered PMs can be.

Mind you, I don't feel I fit the description 'prominent member'.[/quote]

LOL, thanks but it wasn't you. The culprit knows who he is and we have cleared it up. I was just having a laugh based on a comment made earlier.
No big deal.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1195919' date='Apr 11 2011, 04:33 PM']LOL, thanks but it wasn't you. The culprit knows who he is and we have cleared it up. I was just having a laugh based on a comment made earlier.
No big deal.[/quote]

:)

Although in my defence, it was during the one PM per hour (or whatever the restriction was) phase :)

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1195937' date='Apr 11 2011, 04:47 PM']Wotever :)[/quote]

Hello

As I am now the proud new owner of a brand new bass that I have just been playing for a couple of hours, can I now bring this thread to a close? I have taken a couple of photo's which I will post in another (unpopular) thread that has already made an appearance further up this thread.

Cheers,

Garry