Why become a member? ×

How not to treat a Fender

krth1985

Looking at that i have a high suspicion that that bass was the exact same after that song as it was before, a tech most likely caught it. Slash, Alex Gaskarth and Taylor Swift have all thrown guitars and had their tech catch them. Either way, he can afford it, and i would do that to a Fender.

Liam

from the horses mouth Mr Brian Marshall himself when I asked if that was CIA he chucked:

"nah.. a fender reissue of some sort...it met it's demise later that year in orlando. no wonder it never stayed in perfect tune."

I've asked him a few things on facebook, and he has always replied. He is the reason i picked up a bass, so for me thats cool as f :)

Edited by krth1985

[quote name='LiamPodmore' post='1158438' date='Mar 11 2011, 06:44 PM']Looking at that i have a high suspicion that that bass was the exact same after that song as it was before, a tech most likely caught it. Slash, Alex Gaskarth and Taylor Swift have all thrown guitars and had their tech catch them. Either way, he can afford it, and i would do that to a Fender.

Liam[/quote]

Yeah I've seen Mike Mills of REM do a similar thing. Fine as long as the tech catches it!

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1158448' date='Mar 11 2011, 06:52 PM']Creed are the second worst band in the in the behind Alter Bridge who have the honour of sucking and blowing.[/quote]

I said something similar to someone a few weeks ago and he's been really sh*tty with me ever since.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1158410' date='Mar 11 2011, 06:33 PM']You shouldn't inflict playing Creed on any instrument.[/quote]

+1. Wise words indeed. I don't know what it was about Woodstock '99, but every performance I've seen has been shocking and the crowd look like they were expecting to be on MTV Spring Break. No wonder they rioted.

All the kids are bumming Alter Bridge half to death at the moment. Especially since their most recent album was released. Thankfully I kept to my usual abit of ignoring any hype. Heard them last week in a bar. Boy are they overrated! It's amazing what a good advertising campaign can do to even the most mediocre (or terrible) band!

[quote name='bassbloke' post='1158910' date='Mar 12 2011, 05:38 AM']+1. Wise words indeed. I don't know what it was about Woodstock '99, but every performance I've seen has been shocking and the crowd look like they were expecting to be on MTV Spring Break. No wonder they rioted.[/quote]

You might be on to something there. I've got a metallica song from that festival and it was pretty shocking sounding.

[quote name='krth1985' post='1159299' date='Mar 12 2011, 02:05 PM']You've just played played to your biggest crowd ever at Woodstock - I doubt he was thinking best pack my sh*t up incase it gets dinged. He was probably thinking f-me, does it get any better than this? I'd definitely have thrown it.[/quote]

did you not say how not to treat a fender?????????? now your saying you would do it???????

maybe best be clear on your topics!

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='1159361' date='Mar 12 2011, 02:52 PM']did you not say how not to treat a fender?????????? now your saying you would do it???????

maybe best be clear on your topics![/quote]

The topic title wasnt meant as some sort of statement. Judging by the dings in mine i'd be one to talk

[quote name='Deep Thought' post='1158446' date='Mar 11 2011, 06:48 PM']Yeah I've seen Mike Mills of REM do a similar thing. Fine as long as the tech catches it![/quote]
It's the reason Brian May no longer has his John Birch copy of RS1. It wouldn't stay in tune, so he took it off mid-gig & threw it to his guitar-tech in the wings ............ who wasn't where he usually was!