Why become a member? ×

Has anyone else had trouble with Basschat tonight?

RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

I normally view BassChat from 2 different computers - my desktop and my laptop depending on what I'm doing and where I am.

Normally I'll be logged in on both with "Remember Me" selected although I'll only have BassChat open in the browser on one computer at any one time. This has been working fine for me for the last two years and I only get logged out if I don't visit BassChat using a particular browser for a long time (I don't know the exact length of time but appears to be around the 2 week mark).

Since yesterday I'm now being logged out after a much short period of not visiting BassChat, and it seems to be combined with logging in from another computer.

I found myself logged out of BassChat when I tried to view it on my Desktop computer yesterday. Logged in an everything was fine for the rest of the day. However when I stopped using my desktop (shut it down) and used my Laptop I found myself logged out on the laptop. Logging in on the laptop kept me logged in even after leaving the laptop in sleep mode overnight. However this morning after starting up my desktop computer I was once again logged out on that computer. Over lunch I was logged in on both machines at the same time, but having not used the laptop for a couple of hours it is now logged out. I'm still logged in on the desktop even though I haven't been active on Basschat for an hour or so.

So to me the issue appears to be related to both inactivity and being logged in form a different source.

HTH.

There's a couple of settings that affect login keys (a cookie ingredient I believe?) - they look ok to me.

It's a little strange that some members are having the issue but others aren't (I'm not having any problems)

I can't see that it can be an ISP or browser thing so I'm guessing that it's a login key issue, as once you login from another PC it makes a new login key which makes the login key on the other PC invalid and so it logs out.

However - I can be logged in at home, go to work, login and stay logged in, come home and I'm still logged in at home - so I'm scratching me noggin at the moment..... :)

[quote name='Soliloquy' post='1136841' date='Feb 22 2011, 10:51 AM']Have you tried hitting the server thingy with a large rock.

I find that often helps with technological items :).[/quote]

No, but I'm stuffing custard creams into the slot on the front with the flashing light because I think it's hungry :)

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1136859' date='Feb 22 2011, 11:06 AM']Any idea why this has happened?[/quote]

Computer says ................................................................................................... no

It only seems to affect dynamic IP's though, or maybe if someone is trying to stay logged into Basschat from several computers

I might try Bourbons next if custard creams don't work

[quote name='Hamster' post='1136868' date='Feb 22 2011, 11:11 AM']Computer says ................................................................................................... no

It only seems to affect dynamic IP's though, or maybe if someone is trying to stay logged into Basschat from several computers

I might try Bourbons next if custard creams don't work[/quote]

Im on a static IP here at work and have had some trouble, but not as much as at home on my Virgin Media connection last night. This morning could just be down to your tinkering i guess.

I never log out but never have the forum running on more than one device at any one time.

If this continues can i suggest a HobNob in the serial port.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1136890' date='Feb 22 2011, 11:26 AM']Im on a static IP here at work and have had some trouble, but not as much as at home on my Virgin Media connection last night. This morning could just be down to your tinkering i guess.

I never log out but never have the forum running on more than one device at any one time.

If this continues can i suggest a HobNob in the serial port.[/quote]

Shouldn't that be weetabix in the serial port ? Or are we talking a different type of serial ?