Why become a member? ×

Can you please mark your items sold!!!

PLEASE!!

when your item has sold can you edit the title to indicate that?
It only takes a few seconds and saves the rest of us trawling through pages of an advert that is no longer valid. It's really annoying when you have only a few minutes to have a look around.

Cheers.

I hate it more when all reference to what the item was is removed and it's just titles "Sold - Please Remove". A lot of us use the listings to get price guidlines too. So whilst I agree with the OP it's just a case of adding sold next to the original listing

We should have a temporary selling ban for those that intentionally hide details on a completed sale threads. I have done it in the past but only because I thought that was the thing to do. I soon realised that in doing so, it is blatantly unhelpful to the community that provided an arena for the sale in the first place.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1113572' date='Feb 3 2011, 10:28 AM']We should have a temporary selling ban for those that intentionally hide details on a completed sale threads. I have done it in the past but only because I thought that was the thing to do. I soon realised that in doing so, it is blatantly unhelpful to the community that provided an arena for the sale in the first place.[/quote]

To be honest I've been guilty of deleting the contents of the thread before for the same reason, I also thought I was being helpful, I don't really bother now because it is useful to know what others have sold there gear for if your selling the same thing. I do always put sold in the title somewhere as soon as I can.

+ 100

This drives me nuts. It's very frustrating to be beckoned by a topic title, intrigued by the lengthy description, hooked and GASsed by the photos, nervous about the response posts, and then thoroughly pissed off (excuse my French) to find the item sold. Or worse, to find no activity at all and PM the seller, only for him to respond saying, "Sorry sold." Grrrrr... It's just lazy.

Also, I can't help thinking that a separate Market Place Archive forum would be a good idea, so that when something is sold it is removed from the active selling area. It would certainly clean things up and save confusion, but I suppose that would require a fair bit more administration. Something I'd be happy to help with, by the way :)

[quote name='Stuee' date='Feb 8 2011, 06:13 PM' post='1120375'
Also, I can't help thinking that a separate Market Place Archive forum would be a good idea, so that when something is sold it is removed from the active selling area. It would certainly clean things up and save confusion, but I suppose that would require a fair bit more administration. Something I'd be happy to help with, by the way :)
[/quote]

Now that is a really good idea.

I`ve always marked my ads as Item Now Sold (still had some enquiries about them though) and removed the items from my Signature. Other than in the additional text box marking Please Remove I`ve left all the ad and replies as they were. Figured this way both buyers and sellers can look at a bit of history to establish fair prices - it`s certainly helped me more than a few times, having other peoples ads available to view.