Why become a member? ×

Cardiff Bass Day! UPDATE

cocco

Okay this is very much a reality now, I'll book it as soon as I know which day suits the most people the best, possible dates are sat 31st of april or sun 1st of may. I have dibs on both days at music box at the moment. The issue is the cost of 3 rooms for 5 hours, I'm imagining it will cost over £100 so I need 9 other definate attendees to come just to cover costs of the studio.

[b]Details about music box
[/b]

(I'll post more sooner to the date but for now)

Music box is just off Penarth Road in cardiff, Tollgate close to be exact, I just can't remember what number, closer to the time I'll post it's full adress, contact details and a map of the area of cardiff it's in. It has 8 sound proofed well equipped rooms, tea and coffee making facilities, a tuck shop that sells crisps, chocolate, fizzy drinks and strings and the like. They're fairly well equipped gear wise too, Orange AD rig, SVT-2 pro, various cabs, various organs, various other stuff too.

[u]List of Possible attendees and what they are bringing[/u]

cocco - Peavey T-40, Hofner Club Bass, CIJ Jazz, Gibson Grabber Aria SB II Elite, Ampeg SVT-4 pro, Ampeg 8x10, Sansamp programmable BDDI, Modded Marshall Guv'nor

Chunks

Mart - Genz Benz Shuttle 3.1, Array of Warwicks, Squier CV P bass

bartleby - LMII 4x8 1x15, Steve Harris P, NS Design EUB

x20dar

gelfin

hateri

HMX - Fender 70s Jazz

Apex - Peavey Millenium, Sandown basic 5, Barefaced compact

gafbass02 - GB Shuttle 9, Bergantino AE2x10s, The Jazzes of doom

dan2112 - Status Energy Custom, MIM Jazz, Bass Terror, Ashdown 1x15

wotnwhy - Shuker 5er, Eden WT550 + 2x15, TECamp 112

The Rev - Emminence EUB, MM Sterling, LM II BFM Omni 10.5s

Chaypup

Nick

I'll update this list in the week

Edited by Rich

Sweet times! I like a bit of interest. I've just had a pm off a guy who builds valve amps who may be able to bring one to demo, I shall have my SVT rig, if I havnt got my barefaced/GB rig by then. Along with atleast my T-40, SB and jazz. What else can people muster? I'm gonna get in touch with a local luthier and possibly a teacher to run a workshop or 2, I'll try to source a drummer and a guitard to jam with too :)

[quote name='cocco' post='1092774' date='Jan 17 2011, 05:14 PM']Sweet times! I like a bit of interest. I've just had a pm off a guy who builds valve amps who may be able to bring one to demo, I shall have my SVT rig, if I havnt got my barefaced/GB rig by then. Along with atleast my T-40, SB and jazz. What else can people muster? I'm gonna get in touch with a local luthier and possibly a teacher to run a workshop or 2, I'll try to source a drummer and a guitard to jam with too :)[/quote]
How about asking Burke Shelley to bring along his old Precision...yum

[quote name='Rich' post='1092455' date='Jan 17 2011, 01:33 PM']Yup, I'm in.
C'mon you Bristol massive, it's only half an hour down the road.[/quote]
I'm in. Although I don't have much gear, etc.

I can bring my 70s Jazz bass.

Edited by HMX

[quote name='cocco' post='1092774' date='Jan 17 2011, 05:14 PM']What else can people muster?[/quote]

All I've got to offer is a MarkBass LMII, a 4X8" cab, a 1x15"cab. My Steve Harris P and my NS Design EUB.
I'll bring them if anyone is interested.

If someone has an Orange Terror Bass they could bring then I'd love to try one out... (if I haven't said "sod it" and got one by then)

[quote name='bartelby' post='1092958' date='Jan 17 2011, 07:11 PM']If someone has an Orange Terror Bass they could bring then I'd love to try one out... (if I haven't said "sod it" and got one by then)[/quote]

And if you have bring it - I'd love to have a go :) :)

Yes Rich, it's still only half an hour down the road so count me in!

Besides the Peavey Millennium I can offer a Sandown basic 5 and, of course, the Barefaced Bass Compact cab if anyone is interested.

[quote name='hatori' post='1092831' date='Jan 17 2011, 05:48 PM']How about asking Burke Shelley to bring along his old Precision...yum[/quote]

I can certainly invite Burke along, although he suffered a heart anurism in Poland back in November and I havnt seen him since, I know he's recovering well. He's an interesting and funny guy, I may even ask him to do some sort of talk if he's well enough. Good thinking!

[quote name='cocco' post='1092774' date='Jan 17 2011, 05:14 PM']What else can people muster?[/quote]
[list]
[*]Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 head
[*]two Eden Nemesis 1x15 cabs
[*]Shuker custom 5
[*]Wal Pro 2-E (space permitting)
[/list]

[quote name='gafbass02' post='1093428' date='Jan 18 2011, 07:31 AM']Now I can drive I'd be tempted to try it :) I could bring my bergs and shuttle 9, my zoom b9.1 and the jazz's[/quote]

Go for it! I'd like to hear your shuttle and bergs, although I'll have your old SB there so expect to leave with some GAS

[quote name='Apex' post='1092984' date='Jan 17 2011, 07:29 PM']And if you have bring it - I'd love to have a go :lol: :)

Yes Rich, it's still only half an hour down the road so count me in!

Besides the Peavey Millennium I can offer a Sandown basic 5 and, of course, the Barefaced Bass Compact cab if anyone is interested.[/quote]

I'd definitely like to hear the Compact!

I can bring my baby Shuttle rig (3.10), and a couple of Warwicks. I could even bring my Squier CV P 60s if there's anyone who doesn't already own one but wants to try it out! :)