Why become a member? ×

Hot News from Ashdown

Grand Wazoo

[quote name='absolutpepper' post='1087857' date='Jan 13 2011, 12:37 PM']That DP200H looks interesting!![/quote]
Funny you should say that - I just had that page open when the topic email came through, having had an email from Ashdown earlier!

Wonder how the impedance works out on the DP200H - the SS Ashdown amps are all quoted into 4 ohms as you'd expect, so a quoted 300W RMS amp gives 200W into 8 ohms. Does the same apply to the all-valve amps, do you suppose? Because the CL115 Large cab (8 ohms, 500W) looks like the perfect match - put my '70 RI P-Bass through that lot and I'd be very near to heaven, I should think...

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' post='1088182' date='Jan 13 2011, 03:39 PM']do you think they're "drop-head gorgeous"?[/quote]

Yip, they are the bollox! Mine souds like.... a stradivarius is being played through it, creamy and mellow until you take the volume past 12'oclock then you'll have a little moster to deal with.

[quote name='NoirBass' post='1088694' date='Jan 13 2011, 10:28 PM']Forget the Drophead!

Check out the Drop-Jaw!

[url="http://www.ampeg.com/products/heritage/b-15/index.html"]http://www.ampeg.com/products/heritage/b-15/index.html[/url][/quote]

Nice, but id opt for the Ashdown because of the price.