Why become a member? ×

London Bass Guitar Show 2011

urb

[quote name='WalMan' post='1155331' date='Mar 9 2011, 02:00 PM']Managed to find an old BC card, so I think the laminator may get used tonight to try to create something that'll hang reasonably securely on a lanyard for BC ID :)[/quote]
I've got a box full ! Might bring them along and distribute...

[quote name='WalMan' post='1155331' date='Mar 9 2011, 02:00 PM']... Looks like the line from Clapham Junction - Olympia is out all w/e.
...[/quote]

Not according to National Rail, it's not. On Saturday morning it looks fine. (Especially when you compare with next Saturday: nearly 2 hours to go from Croydon to Kensington :) ) On Sunday, yes, it seems to be shut til lunchtime.

[quote name='mart' post='1155742' date='Mar 9 2011, 07:31 PM']Not according to National Rail, it's not. On Saturday morning it looks fine. (Especially when you compare with next Saturday: nearly 2 hours to go from Croydon to Kensington :) ) On Sunday, yes, it seems to be shut til lunchtime.[/quote]

nationalrail.co.uk is generally the last to know about these things. Rely on TFL info more (but not 100% of course). The weekly "here comes the weekend's cock-ups" email from TFL says this about the Overground network:

On Saturday, there is no service between Gospel Oak and Highbury & Islington.
On Sunday, there is no service between Richmond and Stratford.
On Sunday, there is no service between Gospel Oak and Barking.
On Sunday, there is no service between New Cross Gate and West Croydon.
On Sunday, there is no service between Sydenham and Crystal Palace.
On Sunday, before 1330, there is no service between Clapham Junction and Shepherd's Bush.
On Sunday, there is no service between Shepherd's Bush and Willesden Junction.

So, generally ok on Saturday; you'll be lucky on Sunday.

Here's the tube map for affected lines all weekend: [url="http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/realtime/track.aspx?offset=weekend"]http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/r...?offset=weekend[/url] (hover over a line to get the full story).

[quote name='Sibob' post='1155724' date='Mar 9 2011, 07:08 PM']Good to have a chat again, enjoyed it at the last bass bash :)

Si[/quote]

Yeah man - do say hello - should be a good hang - I'll be around all day, that's about all the bass I can take :)

[quote name='chris_b' post='1156276' date='Mar 10 2011, 09:39 AM']If you can't gat a train directly to Olympia all you have to do is go to Hammersmith underground station (District and Piccadilly) and walk 1/2 mile down Hammersmith Road in the direction of Kensington.[/quote]

There are loads of buses too that run from outside Kensington High Street tube - they go left (not right!) - pretty much any bus going that way will get you there in about 5 - 10mins depending on traffic... might as well get the most out of your travel card! They ain't as cheap as they used to be...

[quote name='Fat Rich' post='1156266' date='Mar 10 2011, 09:31 AM']Or Piccadilly Line from Kings Cross all the way. :)[/quote]

[quote name='davidmpires' post='1156607' date='Mar 10 2011, 01:50 PM']get off at West kensington saves you 10 minutes walking[/quote]

You two are life savers, I hate walking at the best of times.

Much love for you. :)

[quote name='MythSte' post='1156662' date='Mar 10 2011, 02:27 PM']So! Turns out im going to be coming to this "on business". Ive been working for half a day and I love my job already.[/quote]

Tell tell tell. :)

I'm technically.. sort of?.. working too. :)