Why become a member? ×

Everybody point and laugh

Jono Bolton

What a f***ing hideous bass: [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300097543565&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RCRX_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=300139853330&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=active_view_item&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget"]Firewood[/url]

:)

[quote name='wotnwhy' post='119662' date='Jan 13 2008, 06:21 PM']wow. there's not a lot of basses i'd consider to be 'ugly'. but that makes me feel sick!

and to top it off, look at the price!!![/quote]

I hadn't even noticed the price! I was too preoccupied with the angle of the Low E past the nut and the general placement of the tail piece/bridge.

A translation of the the item description:
"Very interesting prototype E-bass out of German fabrication out of the 60er-Jahren, probably of Framus or Klira. The bass does not sound very good and fat more Hingucker- and show effect goes. A very special instrument for very special people."

They're not wrong!

Guest TheBigBeefChief

Strange really. Pretty much any bass posted here, no matter how bad, will have at least one fan on the forum.

Could this be the first bass (maybe topic??) that everyone is in agreement with?

Even I can't pretend to like it, even to be controversial.

The tailpiece could be genuine - it's pretty generic - and the pickup could quite easily be from a real Framus.

The neck looks like a butchered version of the necks used by Framus, Klira and Hofner during the 60's.

The rest of it is home-made crap of the worst sort.

Herr Framus (or Herr SturmbannOberGruppenFuehrer Framus for that matter) is probably spinning in his proverbial at being associated with that thing.