Why become a member? ×

What was your first post on Basschat?

steve-soar

[quote name='TheBrokenDoor' post='2174' date='May 19 2007, 11:22 AM']My 4u has my Axon Terratec Pitch-to-Midi convertor and my Novation Supernova Rack synth.

It's a killer box of tricks that can produce more low end than any 'real' bass!!! (Except maybe the Doodle).

DaN[/quote]

MIDI Bass. Had no idea I've been at it so long. Supernova went and I started buying pedals. Damn pedals!

[quote]Worro all. I'm a bass player of a bit over 30 years experience, currently based in Birmingham until my divorce is finished and I can get my house in Tamworth back. Currently playing in a covers band, a barn dance band, and (playing guitar) in an acoustic duo with the once and future love of my life. No, not the guitar, the girlfriend. Oh, and the bassist for the house band at an open mic night too.

Started playing at university in the 70s, briefly stopped, started again in the early 80s, had a bit of a pause in the 90s, and I've been back in full flight again for the last four years or so. Have played mainly 4-string fretted (and the Warwick JD is my favourite bass, which I've had for nearly 20 years) but am playing quite a bit of 5-string and fretless these days, plus electric upright.

The bands, incidentally, are Breakaway, New Corona Band, and Second Time Round.

As an aside, does anyone in the Midlands area know any good agencies? The various bands could do with a few more and better-paying gigs, social clubs these days aren't exactly thriving...[/quote]

And since then, I've left Breakaway and joined The Lightning, Different Glory, and Spiral Six, done the divorce and married Mrs Zero.

And the last post on that introduction thread was from Si Cox, with a list of potential agencies...

"Hey! Im new to here!

Im currently looking at buying a new cab (s). Ive just sold my old ones, and I need something thats going to take no more upgrading!

The SVT 810E seems to be where it at! Ive tried one a few times, and boy does it sound massive.

I like tight punchy growly bass. I use Precisions and Stingrays. I play in hardcore bands at the moment..until Im too old.

Ive got a great Trace Elliot SVT12SMX 400Watt Head.

Anyone know of any other good cabs?! Ive tried a fair few. I dont think two 410 Ampegs do it right...and it works out more expensive.

Retailers im looking at are GAK, GuitarGuitar, Electro, and a few others like Dolphin Music. Anyone used these places before?

Anyway, Ive never had much experience with connections other than the cheap peavey connection I had with my old cabs.

Head is max load 4Ohms. It has TWO speaker outlets. One is the standard jack to jack type outlet, and the other is a 3 pin style. Im not sure of the technical names sorry ...

Anyway, I want to get the right leads. What connections do I need to cater for with the 810E? Im guessing its the Speakon connection I should use? Do I just need one lead from the Trace to one Speakon input? And can you buy a three pin to SPEAKON lead? Want decent quality. Or do I need two?!

Just to sneak this in...best Sansamp? Im probably getting the non prog cos its smaller and more lightweight. Is there any need for 3 channels on the prog version? A few places are selling the standard at £160 which is awesome.

Lastly, covers for 810E....where can I get a decent one from in the UK?!

A lot to ask I know!

Thanks

Gareth"

The old days when all I wanted was an 8x10!

Posted on: May 26 2007, 10:36 PM

" +1 on that!
I recently imported a 1965 Ampeg B-15N from the US - & paid the 17.5% VAT on top of the duty.
I would LOVE to know how you claimed back some of the tax!! "

Golden days - when you got more than $2 to £1. Ahhhhh....

[quote]Just signed up to basschat as it seems to have a lot going on on its pages.

Have picked up the only real musical instrument again after a 15 year gap, although when I was 'playing' previous was a bit of a 3 note dud.

Currently borrowing a Vintage V4 from a drummer.

Must admit struggling a bit on returning to playing. Would welcome any advice or tips.![/quote]

First post from a person using a different user name :) Sounds a bit of a kn0b to me. :)

I'm talking about myself btw.

Hello fellow twangers!

Im Jon, in a newly formed band called the blind pilots, mainly covers at the mo, with songs like lithium,Aenima,no one knows etc

its great to be playing again after a 14 year break! if its allowed can i put a link up to our facebook page?

cheers

Jon

And now its my most visited webpage - great place to be !

[quote]Hey Everybody!!!!

I like the new surroundings already!! Glad to be on board.. I stand by the admins and my fellow moderators and would just like to say a MASSIVE thank you to those who have worked soo bloomin hard to get this new forum up and running![/quote]

The day BassChat went live after the fun and games of BassWorld v1.0, v2.0 and the short life of 'BassTalk'.

"Hey guys,hello to you all.
Im Stu, 26 from South Wales.
I used to post a lot under the name stu-khagool on the old Bassworld site until I moved and had no internet connection and then the site disappeared! Ho hum.
Anywhoos, getting back into my bass playing as Im starting to record again with friends and eventually want to start gigging.
At this present time I still have my beloved Mex Fender Bass which has had the various upgrades along the way, A Hamer Jazz style Bass (P and J pickups, Sting had one which was pointed out to me on the ole bassworld site) and I currently have an SWR 350 head and Triad cab being used as a bedside table and a Big old Laney combo as well.

Peace out and here's to '08

stu"

Christ I'm now 29, sold my swr rig and Hamer and still have the jazz. Here's to '11!