Why become a member? ×

Is there any Bass Conventions in scotland?

Bass_Guardian

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='998505' date='Oct 23 2010, 10:11 PM']if your so eager to go am sure whatever god you pray to won't mind.

I'm pretty sure they have places of prayer in Moffat too.[/quote]

I don't understand religion either, but I learned a long time ago to shut up about it :) (along with, "why did you marry her?" and "why on earth did you buy a Kia??")

[quote name='skelf' post='997426' date='Oct 22 2010, 06:54 PM']Last one there was a bit of interest several people said there would be down on the Sunday I made provision for that not one turned up. The next event will be ticket only and bought in advance so we know what we have with regard to funds before the event.[/quote]

Can't let you away with that one, Alan.

I said I'd be there on the Sunday.....and I was - payed my cash and spent most of the afternoon in the company of Neepheed.

I came up from Loughborough.

Probably see you at the next one, if things fit in with the appointments book, but it'll be the Sunday only, again.

Geoff

[quote name='steve' post='998335' date='Oct 23 2010, 06:36 PM']I'll be up for a trip up to maffat again if I'm free Alan, can you add me to the list pls?[/quote]

Your on the email list Steve..... :)

As soon the finer details are sorted we will be banging out an email to everybody who has been before as a first dibs on hotel accommodation and of course a place at the curry....

Best part about the whole weekend for me is the Sat night as its always a top laugh, and great to catch up with guys and meet new fellow bass plonkers...and come the Sunday you are all like best mates....

Most guys coming here travel a long, long way...some from way down south. Its a good indication of how much of a laugh we get out of it....

Its the most relaxed bass bash I have been to....top event

Of course the hangover can sometimes be a little bit of a pain..... :lol:

Dave P

[quote name='david_l_perry' post='999483' date='Oct 24 2010, 10:38 PM']Your on the email list Steve..... :)

As soon the finer details are sorted we will be banging out an email to everybody who has been before as a first dibs on hotel accommodation and of course a place at the curry....

Best part about the whole weekend for me is the Sat night as its always a top laugh, and great to catch up with guys and meet new fellow bass plonkers...and come the Sunday you are all like best mates....

Most guys coming here travel a long, long way...some from way down south. Its a good indication of how much of a laugh we get out of it....

Dave P[/quote]

Its a top weekend. however I didnt feel as though I got nearly as much drinking done as I should have having a weekend off from the family hahahaha.

[quote name='Bass_Guardian' post='998332' date='Oct 23 2010, 06:35 PM']Plus i dont know anyone personally off this site or any other bass players :)[/quote]

So far I've only met 5 members very briefly since joining the site so the chance to have a natter with other members over a ruby and a golden jar is very appealing. I'm also interested in the bass side of it as well. :lol:

I enjoy alcohol but I'm not an alcoholic - they go to meetings. :)

[quote name='Delberthot' post='999539' date='Oct 24 2010, 11:30 PM']So far I've only met 5 members very briefly since joining the site so the chance to have a natter with other members over a ruby and a golden jar is very appealing. I'm also interested in the bass side of it as well. :lol:

I enjoy alcohol but I'm not an alcoholic - they go to meetings. :)[/quote]
Haha 17 here so that wouldnt happen for me.

[quote name='david_l_perry' post='999483' date='Oct 24 2010, 10:38 PM']Your on the email list Steve..... :)

Dave P[/quote]

great stuff, cheers Dave

I'm so sorry, I can't stop myself:

[b]Are there any bass conventions in Scotland?[/b]

or

[b]Is there a bass convention in Scotland?[/b]

I'm not usually a Grammar Nazi, I just can't stop myself on this one!!

I'm sorry, as you were...

[quote name='Dubs' post='1000893' date='Oct 26 2010, 10:23 AM']I'm so sorry, I can't stop myself:

[b]Are there any bass conventions in Scotland?[/b]

or

[b]Is there a bass convention in Scotland?[/b]

I'm not usually a Grammar Nazi, I just can't stop myself on this one!!

I'm sorry, as you were...[/quote]
This just shows why i failed english at school :)

Did i say that right?

• 1 month later...

For anyone interested the Moffat bass bash details can be found at the link below.
All the weekend places have been filled but still Sunday tickets available.

The site has not been updated yet but Jon Shuker will be attending on the Sunday.

[url="http://www.moffatbassbash.co.uk/"]Moffat Bass Bash[/url]