Why become a member? ×

Is there any Bass Conventions in scotland?

Bass_Guardian

[quote name='Delberthot' post='997337' date='Oct 22 2010, 05:39 PM']Oooh, that would be good.

There's a lot more of us in this part of the world on the Forum than there used to be - except it'll still not exactly be handy for the Aberdeen guys but still closer than Moffat[/quote]

As long as we've got somewhere to park and somewhere to crash we'll manage :)

There will be another Moffat bash in the not to distant future we are just sorting out the details. From my own experience trying to get fellow Scots to attend the bash has been difficult very few ever show any interest so that may be the problem and why so few are in Scotland we don't bother turning up.

[quote name='skelf' post='997391' date='Oct 22 2010, 06:36 PM']There will be another Moffat bash in the not to distant future we are just sorting out the details. From my own experience trying to get fellow Scots to attend the bash has been difficult very few ever show any interest so that may be the problem and why so few are in Scotland we don't bother turning up.[/quote]

It annoys the teats off me - Rich and I venture down all the way from the grey fortress of melancholy so I can't see how more people in Edinburgh or Glasgow could attend, even if it is just for the day.

Last one there was a bit of interest several people said there would be down on the Sunday I made provision for that not one turned up. The next event will be ticket only and bought in advance so we know what we have with regard to funds before the event.

This was just post in response to some questions on another forum.

Things are under way. We will confirm the date once every thing is booked and I can confirm the number of rooms available in the hotel.
Once we have everything sorted out we will update the Moffat Bass-bash website and start taking bookings. There will be the weekend ticket which will include accommodation and the bash and a day ticket for just the Sunday.

This is a ticket only event not a turn up on the day event. For the Sunday a ticket must be bought in advance. The ticket prices will be announced along with every thing else and will be the same as before non refundable.
We are working on getting someone to come along and give a small clinic /performance same as last year and hopefully a few builders will be present as well.

New feature this year will be the song list. There will be a list of possible songs set up in a poll to select a short list of say 10/15 songs. These you can learn or at least the ones you want to play and then played along with the house band. We had the band last time but not everyone wants to just jam so this will introduce some structure and while jamming will still be on the cards this we hope will encourage more people to get up and have a go.

I hope to sort out some discount in the cafe same as previous years.

Just to be clear this is not a profit making event. All money is spent on the event or on expenses for anyone playing/performing. If there is a surplus it will be donated to a local charity,last year the school piano fund.

Once we are up and running any questions can be answered by myself or Dave Perry all cash has to be sent to me.

If there are enough ladies coming along the Mrs will sort out something for them to do if they want as I have no doubt listening to basses all day may not be entirely their idea of a weekend away.

[quote name='Bass_Guardian' post='997632' date='Oct 22 2010, 11:15 PM']Why is always on a sunday??? I got church. Why not a saturday[/quote]

Most guys work Monday to Friday. That leaves Saturday to get to Moffat and go out for the curry then Sunday for the bash.
Saturday would make that all more awkward.

There was a short discussion on here a few months ago about having something around the Stirling or Falkirk.
I'd still be up for this on a Saturday preferably (church on Sunday here too).

If folk are interested, I'll have a query about venues as I'm in Falkirk every weekend.

I've wanted to go to the Moffat bash since hearing of them (aka joining here) but every time its collided with something else. :)

[quote name='xgsjx' post='997985' date='Oct 23 2010, 01:16 PM']There was a short discussion on here a few months ago about having something around the Stirling or Falkirk.
I'd still be up for this on a Saturday preferably (church on Sunday here too).

If folk are interested, I'll have a query about venues as I'm in Falkirk every weekend.

I've wanted to go to the Moffat bash since hearing of them (aka joining here) but every time its collided with something else. :lol:[/quote]

Wheres Moffat????

Stirling might be ok or falkirk. I think we should have one in ayrshire :)

[quote name='Bass_Guardian' post='997995' date='Oct 23 2010, 01:21 PM']Wheres Moffat????[/quote]
[url="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=moffat&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Moffat,+Dumfries+and+Galloway,+United+Kingdom&gl=uk&ei=xtXCTPGJCZKQ4Ab74fi5Aw&ved=0CCIQ8gEwAA&ll=55.332269,-3.444214&spn=1.490422,3.532104&z=8"]Moffat[/url]. It's about 90 minutes drive from you.

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='998010' date='Oct 23 2010, 01:33 PM'][url="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=moffat&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Moffat,+Dumfries+and+Galloway,+United+Kingdom&gl=uk&ei=xtXCTPGJCZKQ4Ab74fi5Aw&ved=0CCIQ8gEwAA&ll=55.332269,-3.444214&spn=1.490422,3.532104&z=8"]Moffat[/url]. It's about 90 minutes drive from you.[/quote]

Ooft, thats a trek

[quote name='skelf' post='997875' date='Oct 23 2010, 11:04 AM']Most guys work Monday to Friday. That leaves Saturday to get to Moffat and go out for the curry then Sunday for the bash.
Saturday would make that all more awkward.[/quote]

Nice one Alan, I know how much effort it must be for you and Dave to setup and of course folk letting you down must be a put off. So just to say thank you for doing this.

I managed to make the last bash and it was brilliant. Even though I didnt know anyone and came myself, it wasnt long before we are all pals and having a laugh. So hope that sways it for any newbies who may be a tad shy.

I have taken the liberty of asking the wife if I am ok to step away from family life for the weekend and thankfully she said yes. So I am up for it matey when its confirmed.

[quote name='Bass_Guardian' post='998011' date='Oct 23 2010, 01:34 PM']Ooft, thats a trek[/quote]
There in lies the problem. If it is not on the door step it is to much trouble. Which in turn means no one organises anything.

Not driving however does make things more difficult and that is fair enough.

Edited by skelf

[quote name='skelf' post='998048' date='Oct 23 2010, 02:06 PM']There in lies the problem. If it is not on the door step it is to much trouble. Which in turn means no one organises anything.

Not drive however does make things more difficult and that is fair enough.[/quote]

I am only 17 too, is there alot of youth at the Moffat thing?