Why become a member? ×

Is there any Bass Conventions in scotland?

Bass_Guardian

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='998198' date='Oct 23 2010, 04:09 PM']im only 31 buddy!!!!!!!! im pretty sure thats still young hahaha.

All jokin aside though, its a crackin weekend.[/quote]

Haha yeh i suppose u might fit in with the young 'hip' squad :)

I would love to go assumin it wasnt a sunday :lol:

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='998238' date='Oct 23 2010, 04:51 PM']I dunno... Moffat's *nearly* England........ :lol:[/quote]

I've worked with Scots nearly all my life and always found them to be favourable to a bit of travelling. Obviously some of you 'Central Belt' bass playing types might prove the exception :)

Calling a Borderer English is dangerous ground, they think of themselves as more on the 'front line' than those REMF's tucked further North.

Peter

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='998274' date='Oct 23 2010, 05:29 PM']I've worked with Scots nearly all my life and always found them to be favourable to a bit of travelling. Obviously some of you 'Central Belt' bass playing types might prove the exception :)

Calling a Borderer English is dangerous ground, they think of themselves as more on the 'front line' than those REMF's tucked further North.

Peter[/quote]

Its not really too bad getting to moffat. The drive there is much more fun than the return trip. Seeing my last 2 transactions have taken place in Carlisle, I dont feel Moffat is in anyway a great distance, 90mins in a car is nothing seeing I drive for a living. I know my Scottish brothers on the East coast have a hell of a journey though. But im sure we can all agree its worth it.

Moffat is easy to get to & it's a fairly quick road there (& back).
I often take the old road as soon as I get past Lesmahagow anytime I'm heading down that direction.

I'm not too sure what happens. From what I can gather it's a bunch of folk who all go for a curry, then the following day meet up in a room wih the doors closed to produce some low end sounds. :)

Edited by xgsjx

[quote name='xgsjx' post='998308' date='Oct 23 2010, 06:08 PM']Moffat is easy to get to & it's a fairly quick road there (& back).
I often take the old road as soon as I get past Lesmahagow anytime I'm heading down that direction.

I'm not too sure what happens. From what I can gather it's a bunch of folk who all go for a curry, then the following day meet up in a room wih the doors closed to produce some low end sounds. :)[/quote]
I like me a curry :lol:

Is there a train that goes there?

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='998274' date='Oct 23 2010, 05:29 PM']I've worked with Scots nearly all my life and always found them to be favourable to a bit of travelling. Obviously some of you 'Central Belt' bass playing types might prove the exception :)

Peter[/quote]

I'm about 30 minutes away and transport isn't a problem. It's quite a drag for the highlanders though.

[quote name='Bass_Guardian' post='998066' date='Oct 23 2010, 02:16 PM']Aye haha, just because im young doesnt mean im disrespectful as most people might think about youths nowadays :)[/quote]

I was not implying that because you are young you don't know how to behave. What I said applies to everyone that goes to any bash.

[quote name='skelf' post='998327' date='Oct 23 2010, 06:27 PM']I was not implying that because you are young you don't know how to behave. What I said applies to everyone that goes to any bash.[/quote]

I know :) i was joking :lol:

I dont mind goin up to glasgow then heading down if only it wasnt on a sunday :)

[quote name='Delberthot' post='998331' date='Oct 23 2010, 06:34 PM']when it gets nearer the time we can work out who's going to car share and split the petrol.

I'll probably take the car of meet up with someone or see what happens.

Its a nice, easy drive down with some nice scenery and I'm partial to a curry.[/quote]
Plus i dont know anyone personally off this site or any other bass players :)

[quote name='Delberthot' post='998331' date='Oct 23 2010, 06:34 PM']when it gets nearer the time we can work out who's going to car share and split the petrol.

I'll probably take the car of meet up with someone or see what happens.

Its a nice, easy drive down with some nice scenery and I'm partial to a curry.[/quote]

yeah ive a decent sized motor, im sure i have room for a little one, I dont suppose your a hot little 17 year old female Alex?????