Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

[quote name='Spoombung' post='425153' date='Mar 4 2009, 03:11 PM']

I can't believe I've still got exactly the same gear as I had in 1985. It was old then! Still, [i]I thoroughly[/i] endorse H&H products - the finest bass amps ever made. Before that I had a Selmer Treble 'n'Bass valve amp which had more warmth and depth but didn't suit the Wal so much. Most modern amps sound rubbish to my ears.

You've probably noticed my 100 watt amp head has seen better days - it's missing knobs and buttons and even survived a fire in a studio. I've lost the 4 x12 cab from the band days (can't remember what I did with it) so I've used the 15" combo for the gigs ever since. It's a little erratic to say the least, surging up and down in volume of its own accord. I've tried to have it fixed but many engineers have tried and failed.

It's the pre amp part of the H&H I really like. It's a perfect marriage for the Wal (which tends to be very dynamic and I think really needs a compressor. The H&H compressor does the job. The H&H Studio 60 (to give it its full title) is a big fruity amp that weighs a ton. I wrote [i]"this speaker talks bullshit"[/i] on it when I was drunk and I'm still looking for the right cleaning product to remove the offensive lettering.

I tried for years to find an engineer willing to extract the pre amp from the main amp head ... to no avail. It would have been really handy to take it in a little box with me when I was doing loads of foreign gigs in the 90's. If anybody knows someone who can do this let me know.

In the meantime I should try and find a small 12" cab to go with the amp head...so if anybody has one for sale let me know.[/quote]

Always good to meet a like-minded individual. I cannot say enough good things about HH, I wouldn't even know where to start.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=10285&view=findpost&p=321291"]This[/url] may interest you along with [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=43079&view=findpost&p=427405"]this[/url].

Also, I may be able to help you with your pre-amp situation, PM me if you're interested.

[quote name='escholl' post='427412' date='Mar 6 2009, 06:03 PM']Always good to meet a like-minded individual. I cannot say enough good things about HH, I wouldn't even know where to start.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=10285&view=findpost&p=321291"]This[/url] may interest you along with [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=43079&view=findpost&p=427405"]this[/url].

Also, I may be able to help you with your pre-amp situation, PM me if you're interested.[/quote]

Oh, terrific stuff, H&H brother!
I'll PM you either Sat or Mon... :)

[quote name='obbm' post='427969' date='Mar 7 2009, 12:59 PM']After a fair amount of selling and saving I've finally cracked it.

Lightweight and wicked.[/quote]

That does look tidy and as you say a reasonable weight, very nice. :)

Just out of interest what is the combined weight of the 902, tuner and case?

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='427981' date='Mar 7 2009, 01:12 PM']That does look tidy and as you say a reasonable weight, very nice. :)

Just out of interest what is the combined weight of the 902, tuner and case?[/quote]

15.6Kg. Even I can carry it one-handed.

As well as the case, UL902 and tuner, that figure includes a 1U 13A power strip along the back and the speaker cables inside

[quote name='obbm' post='428040' date='Mar 7 2009, 03:15 PM']15.6Kg. Even I can carry it one-handed.

As well as the case, UL902 and tuner, that figure includes a 1U 13A power strip along the back and the speaker cables inside[/quote]

Under 16kg... Not bad at all! :)

With a healthy output into those cabs I can't see that lacking in any department. I realise you've not had the rig long but would you gig one cab for small venues or will it always be the pair?

[quote name='obbm' post='428040' date='Mar 7 2009, 03:15 PM']15.6Kg. Even I can carry it one-handed.

As well as the case, UL902 and tuner, that figure includes a 1U 13A power strip along the back and the speaker cables inside[/quote]

Haha i was lifting 15kg dumbells today so yeah not too bad!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='428045' date='Mar 7 2009, 03:34 PM']Under 16kg... Not bad at all! :)

With a healthy output into those cabs I can't see that lacking in any department. I realise you've not had the rig long but would you gig one cab for small venues or will it always be the pair?[/quote]

I used a single UL310 for the whole of 2005 (80 gigs) and it was fine on its own and so I'll probably use just one cab. I just always fancied two of them and because of they are 5.3-ohms this is the only practical way to do it. 6string bassist wanted to get rid of a UL310 and the UL902 and so we struck a deal which included my UL502.

For the local jams I'll use the Ashdown LG1000 and the two 1x12s as the stage is very, very small.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='422507' date='Mar 1 2009, 06:15 PM']haha i've got an AK47 bb gun, got done by a copper for walking about with it in public when i was about 13.[/quote]
Well the gun in the photo is a deactivated Norinco Ak. If I was to walk in public with that I have a sneaky suspicion I may be shot :rolleyes:

[quote name='Spoombung' post='425153' date='Mar 4 2009, 03:11 PM'][/quote]
:D Here comes the g.a.s... :)

[quote name='Imanupstart' post='428083' date='Mar 7 2009, 04:25 PM']Well the gun in the photo is a deactivated Norinco Ak. If I was to walk in public with that I have a sneaky suspicion I may be shot :)[/quote]

I think i was quite lucky the worst i got was a grilling from plod. Plus the fact you don't see many 12/13 year olds toting guns round Beverley!

[quote name='Toasted' post='429162' date='Mar 9 2009, 12:16 PM']it sounded very, very clear and articulate.[/quote]

It sounds as you want, you can even distord the tone like an SVT/mesa400+ if you like ...
And yes, You can also use it as a high end full tube hifi tone.

This tube amp is the best in this range IMHO ... don't speak to me about SVT or other tube amps...
they are not so versatile. :)

(As far as I Know, it seems there were about 120 SA200 produced before they stopped the production.)

Edited by flychris