Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

[quote name='GremlinAndy' post='342225' date='Dec 1 2008, 06:49 PM']Nice rig mate. Is that a 4x10? It looks small. Maybe your rack is big...[/quote]

Yeah it's a 4 x 10, the rack looks big but it's only 4U.

[quote name='fifeq' post='342315' date='Dec 1 2008, 08:01 PM']i love the SX - that is the the one previously owned by OldGit ..
It is very nice done bass.[/quote]

That's the one gigged it for the first time last night sounded awesome (check the 'how was your gig last night?' thread), was it the Bart sticker that gave it away?

• 2 weeks later...

[attachment=17266:DSC_0003.JPG]

In picture:

Warwick Corvette Proline 4
Trace Elliot V6
Trace Elliot 1153 Cabinet

Not in picture:

Peavey 4x10
Morley Wah
Russian Big Muff
MXR M80

'For Sale' / Backup Rig :

Behringer tuner
BBE BMAX-T Tube Preamp
Matrix Poweramp

Last Saturday was the first time I've ever taken a picture of my gear.

I always take loads of pictures of basses (normally when I'm selling them) but never of the stuff that makes the noise.

nice and compact.

Next year I'll be replacing my amp with a smaller digital one. I'm looking into how to attach it so that it sits just below the bottom of the cab. A tuner pedal will replace the rack one and that frees up a lot of space that would normally be taken up by the rack. I'm going to invest in one of those proper music stands to sit in its place and attach the lighting controller and a small clip on light to it

And, yes, those lights shine right in my eyes when they're on.

Edited by Delberthot

I've been waiting on these lightweight German items of beauty for months, but boy was it worth it!!

Kork DTR2000 tuner, Tec Amp Puma 500 head & Tec Amp M212 cab. No name modified Jazz (BadAssII, AC 02 Pre, Bartolini P'ups (not shown). And my 1980 Wal.

Total weight of rig about 25 or 26kg.

D.

I just recieved this before leaving for my Christmas holiday.

So I haven't tested it out properly, only briefly to see that it worked.

[url="http://www.tapcoworld.com/products/thump15a/index.html"]http://www.tapcoworld.com/products/thump15a/index.html[/url]

It's a Tapco Thump TH-15A active PA speaker.
I bought it after selling my big Eden / AccuGroove rig.
It's cheap, and light wheight. Something to use for practice and small gigs.

More on how it performs later as I get to use it a bit.

[quote name='deksawyer' post='360454' date='Dec 21 2008, 08:22 PM']I've been waiting on these lightweight German items of beauty for months, but boy was it worth it!!

Kork DTR2000 tuner, Tec Amp Puma 500 head & Tec Amp M212 cab. No name modified Jazz (BadAssII, AC 02 Pre, Bartolini P'ups (not shown). And my 1980 Wal.

Total weight of rig about 25 or 26kg.

D.[/quote]Gorgeous rig, I should have bought that Wal when I had the chance. :)

I'm not too sure about that, i'd assume it just has jack inputs for the mixer outputs so you could plug your bass directly into it. Considering the speaker has a power amp, yes your bass would be the preamp, effectively. Good for people that run their amp flat, not so good for people that don't. You can always buy a cheapish EQ pedal though.

my rig for recording yesterday :)

it was a trace elliot head, and ashdown cab (borrowed from a mate), and my hartke 3500 head and loud 410 cab, we didn't use the 210 it was just used as a stand for the 410. but yeah, we had 7 channels of bass for this session- it sounds absolutely massive. i'll let people know when the tracks are up!