Why become a member? ×

MM Roasted Necks

martthebass

[quote name='paul h' post='935254' date='Aug 24 2010, 08:02 PM']Hey Swanbrook. Welcome to the forum, not all threads are like this, lighten up, etc. etc. :)

But surely you have spotted the irony here? A thread basically about someone being rude and confrontational to his customers is now being challenged by someone being rude and confrontational. Feel free to disagree....god knows we cover that debate here often enough but how about little a less of the "bullshit" and "school ground crap" and "lots of twats on this forum" comments. I am amazed that anyone has tried to placate you at all with that attitude. People have been banned for less.

And for what it's worth, I read the original post that kicked it all off over there and I don't think the guy was being "a prick" at all and it seems that most here agree.

Have you thought of going out and coming back in again? Starting fresh? Maybe go in off topic and ask about your prematurity problems?

:rolleyes:
Fair enough point taken however I do tend to fight fire with fire.
We do have a different view on how the op asked his questions but that's what make individuals tick.[/quote]

It takes a few weeks to sort the wheat from the chaf here just like anywhere else but there are 11'000 people on BC, At least 5 or 6 have of them have some albeit limited knowledge about certain things,We almost worked out what it was between the 10.994 left but someone mentioned a weak G string on a Stingray and we forgot what it was again! :)

On a serious note if you post a sensible topic in the right section you will get some great knowledge on all makes and models of bass which is usually followed up with an argument and everyone stating why their favoured bass is best but I have not found a forum on anything yet where that is not the case.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='935303' date='Aug 24 2010, 08:37 PM']It takes a few weeks to sort the wheat from the chaf here just like anywhere else but there are 11'000 people on BC, At least 5 or 6 have of them have some albeit limited knowledge about certain things,We almost worked out what it was between the 10.994 left but someone mentioned a weak G string on a Stingray and we forgot what it was again! :rolleyes:

On a serious note if you post a sensible topic in the right section you will get some great knowledge on all makes and models of bass which is usually followed up with an argument and everyone stating why their favoured bass is best but I have not found a forum on anything yet where that is not the case.[/quote]
This is fast becoming a sequal to Love Story................
Bless you all yep Swanny too........
Really must pack the case.......wheres the e ticket???

See ya'll in a week or so.......
How many teles can you get in a suitcase????

Take care & god bless BP.................there I go again :)

[quote name='swanbrook' post='935226' date='Aug 24 2010, 07:44 PM']Because to say that you only buy things from people you like is a complete lie[/quote]
Huh?!

If I don't like someone, I don't buy their product, visit their store, and will speak to them as little as possible, how is that a lie?
:)

[quote name='swanbrook' post='935226' date='Aug 24 2010, 07:44 PM']and then not to buy a guitar because you don't like the CEO of the company would tell that you really never had and intention of buying one anyway.[/quote]
Not really, often people are intrested in a guitar or product, and during the course of investigating it, end up crossing paths of the company with bad results, or can see a bad reputation, and change their minds.

[quote name='swanbrook' post='935226' date='Aug 24 2010, 07:44 PM']Maybe first impression are right I see there is some sense here but this whole bp= ...... crap is school ground bullsh*te.[/quote]
Thanks for raising the level of discourse with wit and maturity, though.

[quote name='swanbrook' post='935226' date='Aug 24 2010, 07:44 PM']It serves no purpose. If you don't like ebmm don't buy them it kinda simple really.[/quote]
Uh, isn't that the whole point of people saying they're not buying them.....

Edited by Darkstrike

[quote name='Darkstrike' post='935330' date='Aug 24 2010, 08:55 PM']Huh?!

If I don't like someone, I don't buy their product, visit their store, and will speak to them as little as possible, how is that a lie?
:)

Not really, often people are intrested in a guitar or product, and during the course of investigating it, end up crossing paths of the company with bad results, or can see a bad reputation, and change their minds.

Thanks for raising the level of discourse with wit and maturity, though.

Uh, isn't that the whole point of people saying they're not buying them.....[/quote]
Right Im off & you are in charge...Give the buggers hell

Loads of Love Uncle T

Hi Dave, nice to see you here, personally I don't give a hoot about the argument in question, but I can tell you that the sandbergs are nice basses, specially their 5 strings maple jazz with active / passive preamp, however as Jazz bass go, I can reassure you that all the more established and brain savy members here will tell you that, you can go round circles and spend silly money on boutique vamped jazz or precision basses but... in the end, ain't nothing like the real thing so stick with your Fender or get a better one, ask in fact. OutToPlayJazz about that wicked Limited Ed Jazz he got and he will tell you chapter and verse about it.

Take care and please look after my Bongo with extreme care when you get it next month. :)

Fran

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='935437' date='Aug 24 2010, 10:17 PM']Hi Dave, nice to see you here, personally I don't give a hoot about the argument in question, but I can tell you that the sandbergs are nice basses, specially their 5 strings maple jazz with active / passive preamp, however as Jazz bass go, I can reassure you that all the more established and brain savy members here will tell you that, you can go round circles and spend silly money on boutique vamped jazz or precision basses but... in the end, ain't nothing like the real thing so stick with your Fender or get a better one, ask in fact. OutToPlayJazz about that wicked Limited Ed Jazz he got and he will tell you chapter and verse about it.

Take care and please look after my Bongo with extreme care when you get it next month. :)

Fran[/quote]

Ha dude don't worry it wil be babied with tlc.
You could be right on the jazz front I love my jazz special but not crazy on my standard jazz. Maybe I just need to flip it and look out for another!

[quote name='Musicman20' post='935026' date='Aug 24 2010, 09:16 AM']On a positive note, Ive recently realised despite what people might think about the forums here or in the US, EBMM know how to make a high quality, US built instrument.[/quote]
Worth noting and a very good point :) Sterling's personality (and I have met him personally a few times) has almost no bearing on the quality of the basses he has made if any. His antics may influence our decision to buy one or not (I won't buy a new one) but it should not cross over into our perceptions of the actual quality of his work.

A praise I'll freely give Big Poppa is he's actually a very good bass player, unlike that Leo guy Sterling rocks and I've seen him play with the Biff Baby Allstars which included Steve Morse, Van Halen and Albert Lee. He's a deep pocket groover. Just goes to show how complex we can all be.

[quote name='Vibrating G String' post='935726' date='Aug 25 2010, 10:41 AM']Worth noting and a very good point :) Sterling's personality (and I have met him personally a few times) has almost no bearing on the quality of the basses he has made if any. His antics may influence our decision to buy one or not (I won't buy a new one) but it should not cross over into our perceptions of the actual quality of his work.[/quote]
Definatly, their products are undeniably well made, and very good sounding, I'm not a fan of the oil neck finish, but thats personal taste, for those that do like it, it's also expertly done, I'd bet.

Edited by Darkstrike

Someone was looking at EBMM forum about the new snake oil coated roasted necks and came across Big Poppa who is actually Mr Sterling Ball and comes across as a total knobcheese and having a go at his own customers.Some people think thats OK others decided to go and poke him with a big stick (Tino!) who got banned and all traces removed from the pages, everyone else carried on slagging BP off until swanbrook dropped in on our site and wasnt happy, some ate their words while others retreived the used stick from a few days earlier (Tino!) and started wafting it about again! Others since (me included) have filled swanbrook in on Tino's antics and he has started to accept that not all of us are as bad as it might look.
I think thats about it really? :wacko:

I would like to just say. That although Tino went bear pokin' his initial posts atleast were fair and non-provocative. Funnily enough they still chewed him up and spat him out shortly after. That was when things got.... Interesting :) Ofcourse he went the full 10 rounds before being removed.

Just think the light being cast on Tino here is a 'little' harsher than it needs to be.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='936353' date='Aug 25 2010, 08:18 PM']Someone was looking at EBMM forum about the new snake oil coated roasted necks and came across Big Poppa who is actually Mr Sterling Ball and comes across as a total knobcheese and having a go at his own customers.Some people think thats OK others decided to go and poke him with a big stick (Tino!) who got banned and all traces removed from the pages, everyone else carried on slagging BP off until swanbrook dropped in on our site and wasnt happy, some ate their words while others retreived the used stick from a few days earlier (Tino!) and started wafting it about again! Others since (me included) have filled swanbrook in on Tino's antics and he has started to accept that not all of us are as bad as it might look.
I think thats about it really? :wacko:[/quote]

Eastenders? :)