Why become a member? ×

Alleva-Coppollo Willie Weeks

Clarky

[quote name='Beedster' post='939880' date='Aug 30 2010, 11:59 AM']Fair point Clarky. I reckon you should sell them all and buy that '63 Precision that's been bugging you for years. It's a good time to buy stuff, and although the buyers' market will reflect on the price you get for your basses, the overall saving, especially in the context of the long-term investment, would make it worthwhile (i.e., you're buying more than you're selling).

Pity you weren't born in '64, I might have been able to help you out!

Cheers mate

C[/quote]
Actually Chris I have lost my buzz for a 63 fender as I don't see that it could be any nicer playing than my 72p, and it would cost an arm and a leg more. I am very happy to stick with that bass and my Alembic as my two 'core' basses with Sid for the gritty gigs and practices. So there is a reasonably argument to me to simply sell the Willie Weeks, release some cash and thin the herd, rather than rush out and buy another bass. But then I am OCD as you know :)

[quote name='Clarky' post='939868' date='Aug 30 2010, 11:49 AM']To be honest Chris I keep prevaricating between buying another bass (sorry but it may be Jazz shaped, legion, although people are allowed to change their minds, as you know!) or just selling this to release some welcome cash (my son was 18 last week and that was not a cheap experience - have you tried insuring an 18 year old to drive?) Either way I am not up for trades unless it's something very special[/quote]
I'm only winding you up mate - carry on! it is a very nice looking AC after all :)

I've got my eyes on a '71P at the moment (my birth year, and it looks to be a good 'un) so I'm considering if I can be bothered to follow up on it, we all have these moments. I guess I'll at least need to sell Tony if i go for it...

[quote name='Legion' post='939892' date='Aug 30 2010, 12:16 PM']I've got my eyes on a '71P at the moment (my birth year, and it looks to be a good 'un) so I'm considering if I can be bothered to follow up on it, we all have these moments.[/quote]

Oh how I envy you youngsters when it comes to buying a bass from your birth year - being born in '59 really pushes the price up of anything I might like :)

[quote name='molan' post='939907' date='Aug 30 2010, 12:35 PM']Oh how I envy you youngsters when it comes to buying a bass from your birth year - being born in '59 really pushes the price up of anything I might like :)[/quote]

Ditto. Maybe this should be an investment lesson for all of the 'young uns', buy your 80's and 90's basses now... if only I'd picked up my '63 when they were sensible money!

OK, the bass I was looking at buying has sold. I will keep this up FS for a few more days and then withdraw if no interest.

Could be persuaded to trade for a nice 5-string Alembic or Alleva or a super-special 4-string Alembic/Alleva/Celinder (as long as it didn't encroach on what my 72 Precision offers me)

Edited by Clarky

Based on my extraordinarily scientific poll [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=100837&hl="]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=100837&hl=[/url] most of you think I should keep my 72 P-bass over this. I will keep this FS for a few days and then withdraw it if no interest - which in truth will not be too much of a hardship as its the best-playing bass I own!

[quote name='molan' post='939907' date='Aug 30 2010, 12:35 PM']Oh how I envy you youngsters when it comes to buying a bass from your birth year - being born in '59 really pushes the price up of anything I might like :)[/quote]

Yes me too, a '65 Fender Jazz would look great along side the Spector. I actually had a brief go on Yolanda Charles' '65 Jazz, and fell in love instantly.

[quote name='Clarky' post='944166' date='Sep 3 2010, 07:56 AM']Final bump. There is another bass I have my eye on and this would help fund it, hence I have kept this up for sale. If there is no interest in my AC today, however, I will be withdrawing it.[/quote]

Mate, why don't you mention what the other bass in question is because toy might find a solution with the same instrument from another member. Alternatively, someone else might be interested in a three-way deal (no smutty comments please)?

Good luck either way

C

[quote name='Beedster' post='944186' date='Sep 3 2010, 08:35 AM']Mate, why don't you mention what the other bass in question is because toy might find a solution with the same instrument from another member. Alternatively, someone else might be interested in a three-way deal (no smutty comments please)?

Good luck either way

C[/quote]
There's a very specific situation attached to the other bass (which isn't actually FS right now but might be shortly) hence I am not mentioning it Chris :)

[quote name='Clarky' post='944194' date='Sep 3 2010, 08:41 AM']There's a very specific situation attached to the other bass (which isn't actually FS right now but might be shortly) hence I am not mentioning it Chris :)[/quote]

Fair do mate, good luck

Chris

Although I withdrew this bass from sale on Friday, I could actually do with selling it due to me having just coughed up for an Alembic Elan 5 string and being financially short as a consequence (so trades are still out). Was a firm £2600 before (or Euro 3,100 for our continental European BassChat brethren) but I will listen to cash offers reasonably close to this. I am not going to keep bumping this daily but wanted anyone with potential interest to be aware its available.

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='946132' date='Sep 5 2010, 01:19 PM']Although I withdrew this bass from sale on Friday, I could actually do with selling it due to me having just coughed up for an Alembic Elan 5 string and being financially short as a consequence (so trades are still out). Was a firm £2600 before (or Euro 3,100 for our continental European BassChat brethren) but I will listen to cash offers reasonably close to this. I am not going to keep bumping this daily but wanted anyone with potential interest to be aware its available.[/quote]
Putting a 1980 LesPaul on EB this evening and if all goes well it should make at least 2k now I know you said no trades but just suppose it does go howz bout that 2K and the P I bought off Tom on here its as new,Dan only used in the studio twice and has no further need of a P.....

Hi Tony. Which P bass did you buy as Tom has sold a few I think? I don't need another P (sold my white one Sid yesterday) but if it's one I could move on quickly then the deal you suggested might well work. Cheers Clarky

Edited by Clarky

Further to the above post I would consider a cash plus bass trade as long as the cash was a sizeable proportion (at least a grand) and the bass was something that could be moved on without too much difficulty (or - if it took some time - I would enjoy playing in between times, eg, nice vintage or CS Fender/Sadowsky/Celinder 4)

Edited by Clarky

Bump in case anyone hadn't spotted the partial trade option mentioned above - and here's a reminder of the bass in question (photo tilted sideways, I don't live in a spacecraft!)

[attachment=58289:clarky_basses_050.JPG]

Edited by Clarky